New Zealand Ice Hockey Competition Heats Up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timothius

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Thats right Ice Hokey pundits!

A tri series was on offer at Avondale, Auckland this past weekend and suprised some amazing results.

For those who missed it:

West Auckland Admirals 3 South Auckland Swarm 3
South Auckland Swarm 1 Southern Stampede 4
West Auckland Admirals 2 Southern Stampede 2

Wow! Who would have thought that my boys the Swarm could go toe to toe with the boys from Papaetoetoe.

PicLink! - http://www.nzicehockey.co.nz/NatLeague/NZIHL_Avondale_Aug_05/WAA_Vs_STP_5th_Aug_05/index.html

Can't wait until next round. :hyper:

Auckland tri-series :madspit:

Where's the Wellington teams, huh? We'll take you Aucklanders apart. You're all too used to your warmth, you don't know what it's like to live in icy conditions.

Axver said:
Auckland tri-series :madspit:

Where's the Wellington teams, huh? We'll take you Aucklanders apart. You're all too used to your warmth, you don't know what it's like to live in icy conditions.

I didn't know Wellington got that cold :hmm:

I guess it makes sense though, I've always wondered where the phrase "When Hell Freezes Over" came from. :yes:

Wellingtonians are hardy people raised in southerly gales that scream up from the Antarctic and come in off the Cook Strait. Meanwhile, you Aucklanders recline in your warm climate and let your brains melt much in the style of the Queenslanders here.

:wink:

It's funny how we are saying Auckland is "hot" and "warm" but 90% of people on here would not have experienced weather quite like it. The constant wind, rain, mist, sleet etc. :love:

North of Wellington = warm. I lived on the Kapiti Coast, the inner Wellingtonians came up on the weekend to soak in the warmth on the beach.

Then again, if we want real cold, let me suggest one place: central Otago in winter. The very same place I'd suggest for real heat in summer.

Considering how chilly the South Island is, one has to wonder why ice hockey hasn't taken off more!

Axver said:
Considering how chilly the South Island is, one has to wonder why ice hockey hasn't taken off more!

Because when the weather is cold down there, they are too busy trying to locate and snuggle with the closest member of the same gender. :yes:

timothius said:

Because when the weather is cold down there, they are too busy trying to locate and snuggle with the closest member of the same gender. :yes:

Or sheep. :wink:

the rockin edge said:
i feel the need to bump another thread up in here:wink:

Just go talk on one of the ones Tim and I haven't said anything on in a while.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i was thinking the same thing :yikes:

yeah yeah i read peup, i do mod this place after all, strangely enough :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

It's all in the name of cultural balance.

I've croquet too, Tim. :wink:

Orienteering is great fun, but that belongs on a different thread. This one's ice hockey! Where's GibsonGirl?

the rockin edge said:
I'd start a bunch of thread about obscure sports but it's nearly 2 AM and I can't think of any :crack:

Just go look up New Zealanders and find accomplishments in sports that haven't been posted yet and join the party! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom