New Who....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa

Acrobat
Any one else picked up "Then and Now"? Two new who songs ya know... I'm curious to see what others think of "Real Good Looking Boy" and "Old Red Wine"? I like Real Good Looking Boy.. It's Who circa "Who By Numbers", the difference beeing that Daltrey actually delivers the lyric with subtlety when needed... anyway, thoughts anyone????? The Who Rock!!!!!!!!

Both of the new songs have been in regular rotation on WXRT here in Chicago for a little over a month now. "Real Good Lookin' Boy" has grown on me, I didn't like it at first but now that I've heard it and listened to the words I really love it. I'm just worried about what the "Townshend bashers" are going to say about the whole "good looking boy" thing. I'm afraid they're going to take it the wrong way. :mad: :sad:

It's rumored that they may tour again soon. I hope so. I saw them with Robert Plant 2 summers ago. What an awesome show. They certainly are the loudest concert I've ever been to by far. I recently got their "Live at Royal Albert Hall" dvd which is excellent. If you love The Who you should run out and get this dvd if you don't already have it.

I love the Who, have seen them twice, but I don't think I could bear to see them without the Ox.

:|

Yes! Just heard on Friday that they're coming to my area soon. Woo Who! Tweeter Center, Boston area, on May 20th. Tics go on sale Sat. May 1st. Unless you have an American Express card for the presale which begins Weds. which of course I don't :( Hope all the good seats don't go in the presale. I don't mind when they have presales when all you need is a password or you sign up on a radio station website or something, but this American Express card one really irks me.

Hey ZOOTB, the AMex presales have a certain area of tix they control, there are some decent seats usually (section 1 and 3, but a bit to the outside and rear of the sections) as well as some 4 thru 8. I have a friend who has Amex and always checks, the seats are consistently the same. None of section 2 is available thru the AMEX presale. It'll be intersting to see if they hold anything back like normal for this show since its taking place 19 days after on sale.
I'm sure there will be some good seats around, just a question of whether they pop Saturday or get released later.
Last time I got a 2K the day of show.

Thanks for the good news Hewson. Haven't seen you on in a while, then again, I'm not on much. I've only been to Tweeter 4 times but just once I'd like to get in sec 1,2 or 3 especially for The Who. Last time I saw them there I was in section 7. BTW, don't know if you like him or not but Rik Emmett is going to be at the Newport Blues Cafe on July 25th. He still does a few of the Triumph classics. You can get more info on his web site if interested.

My advice (though since this is a new season and the system could have changed, but I doubt it) would be to wait if you don't see a good seat Saturday. The production releases usually come within a few days of the show and often some good, and sometimes great seats pop.(I usually go this route, only buying a seat I really want early, passing on the mediocre in hopes of doing better later, it works more often than not, though not fool-proof). You just need to be vigilant checking TM a few times daily for released seats, especially the closer to show date. Of course this is an odd situation since there are only 19 days from on-sale to show, so they may drop more of the good seats right away than normal, so Saturday may produce some good seats. I jst hope its not too cold on May 20.

Rik Emmett, eh...Fight the Good Fight baby.

Hewson, I was able to crack the code for the password and got several hits for sec 7 mostly. Then got one for sec 1. So I'd say you were right about not giving up all the good seats in the presale. I didn't continue though cause I imagine you have to pay with an AMEX card. Wonder what happens if you try to pay with another card. Hate to do it and it lets you then they end up cancelling your order. Oh well, it was fun cracking the code just to see what kind of seats I would have got anyway. BTW, anyone know if they are gonna have an opening act? Guess we won't know till we get there. Nothing saying on the internet anywhere.

I could have told you the code, its the 800 # on the back of Amex cards, I always like to check, but like you said can't actually buy without the Amex card. I tried once to see what would happen, it specifically looks for an Amex card # or you can't complete the order.

I'm sure there's gonna be an oipening act, but no idea who. Nothing on Pollstar as of yet.

So I ended up in Sec 3 row 8. Didn't wait for Saturday tho. I ended up getting them on ebay thursday (my first time getting tics on ebay). Seller had 514 feedback with 100% positive so hopefully all will be well. Only paid 50 more than it would have cost me on ticketmaster anyway but I just have to sit in lower section at least once. It looks pretty awesome down there. Tried Saturday for the hell of it and the best hits I got were for sec's 4, 5 & 6. Weather keeps up like this then it shouldn't be too cold although I went with my wife in June 2 years ago and we froze. Being in the open reserved at the time didn't help much either.

Oh yeah, was wondering if there's a huge difference in the volume from being in sec 1 -3 versus say sec 7. The Who are the loudest band I've seen yet. The last time I was in 7 and it was loud. I've never worn any earplugs to any concert before but was debating whether to bring some just in case being that close.

I would say bring earplugs just to be safe, I always bring them to every show I go to these days, as soon as they hit the satge you can determine whether to "plug" them in.
In terms of difference in sound level, its not dramatic, but in 3 (or 1) depending on how they set up you could be in direct path of stacks if they set them up on the side.

Thanks to my newborn, I nodded off and missed the on sale, by the time I jumped on line, best I saw was sect 7. But it sounds like I didn't miss anything anyway (which I've come to expect). So I'll be doing my normal release search.

It hurts that they don't tour much up north of the border. Really wish I could go too. There's no Substitute.

:down:

As well, it would be nice if their new material showed up on an album that was... new. No more of this AC/DC style re-issuing with a few previously unreleased tracks. Yet I buy them anyway...

Nice....awesome seats...dead center. Can't get any better than that. Hey, if you feel like it, meet me outside entrance to sec3 around 7 and I'll buy you a beer. I'll be wearing a black "Alltel Racing" hat. Still can't find anything on the net about who opens for them. Really won't know till we're there I guess. Definitly won't be Plant again. I was thinking maybe Bryan Adams or something but who knows.

Not sure if I will be there by 7 or not, hafta take the wife to a 2:30 appointment in Beverly, so if traffic is bad, I might be a later arrival. Check back on this thread Thurs AM, and we'll try to arrange to meet, I'll have my wardrobe figured out by then.:wink:

Pollstar still only lists The Who, no other acts...maybe they'll hit stage at 7:30 and play a 3 plus hour set...probably not.

I'm gonna have on my Green Notre Dame football jersey, with #3 (Joe Montana, not Rick Mirer) on it. Hopefully if I'm there by 7PM I'll try to find you outside of sect. 3 entry. If not, enjoy the show.

Well, The Who totally rocked as usual and Real Good Looking Boy sounds pretty good live. Hewson, was great to finally meet up with you for a few. I didn't end up wearing any earplugs and wasn't nearly as deaf as the last time I saw them. I guess because of where I sat the large speakers hanging from the rafters were above me and the sound must have went over me. Zooropa, sorry about hijacking your thread, I don't have private messaging.

Back
Top Bottom