New Weezer Single: Beverly Hills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
I know some of you all on here like Weezer, so for your enjoyment, here is an mp3 of their new single, Beverly Hills. The album comes out on May 10.

If you don't know what to fill into the below URL, just talk to me over AIM and I'll hook ya up... knox1845 is the handle.

http://s38. .com/d.aspx?id=2MK1U8XBLTBG00E5WZTIEBC8LN

Just copy the entire url from above into a new browser and type 'you and send and it' between the two dots. Don't actually type the 'ands'. Just one word. By the way, What the hell? I can't even type the word?

Don't click on the link.

Last edited:
Thank you SO freaking much. Listening now for the first time, sounds good!!!!!!

:up:

For anyone interested, here are Weezer's tour dates for the spring/early summer:

04/26/05 --- Vancouver, BC --- Commodore Ballroom --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
04/27/05 --- Seattle, WA --- Paramount Theater --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
04/29/05 --- San Francisco, CA --- Warfield --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
04/30/05 --- Indio, CA --- Coachella Festival --- tickets --- CONFIRMED
05/03/05 --- Minneapolis, MN --- First Avenue --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
05/04/05 --- Chicago, IL --- Aragon Ballroom --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
05/05/05 --- Detroit, MI --- State Theater --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
05/06/05 --- Toronto, ONT --- Kool Haus/The Dock --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
05/08/05 --- Boston, MA --- Orpheum Theater --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
05/10/05 --- Philadelphia, PA --- Electric Factory --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
05/11/05 --- New York, NY --- Roseland Ballroom --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
05/12/05 --- New York, NY --- Roseland Ballroom --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED
05/14/05 --- Atlanta, GA --- Tabernacle --- [ticket info TBA] --- CONFIRMED

06/03/05 --- Nurburgring, Germany --- Rock am Ring --- Germany tix here and here --- CONFIRMED
06/04/05 --- Nurnberg, Germany --- Rock im Park --- Germany tix here and here --- CONFIRMED
06/05/05 --- Hamburg, Germany --- Grosse Freheit --- Germany tix here and here --- CONFIRMED
06/07/05 --- Dublin, Ireland --- TBA --- [Not On Sale Yet] --- CONFIRMED
06/08/05 --- Paris, France --- The Olympia --- Tickets: www.francebillet.com (+33 (0) 892 692 192) OR www.ticketnet.com (+33 (0) 892 390 100) --- CONFIRMED
06/10/05 --- Nickelsdorf, Austria --- Nova Rock Festival --- [ticket info pending] --- CONFIRMED
06/13/05 --- Birmingham, UK --- Birmingham Academy --- [on sale now, tickets at gigsandtours.com] --- CONFIRMED
06/14/05 --- London, UK --- Brixton Academy --- [on sale now, tickets at gigsandtours.com] --- CONFIRMED
06/15/05 --- London, UK --- Brixton Academy --- [on sale 3/15] --- CONFIRMED
06/17/05 --- Glasgow, Scotland --- Carling Academy --- tickets here or call 0870 169 0100 or in person at Tickets Scotland, Argyle St --- CONFIRMED

08/13/05 --- Osaka, Japan --- WTC - Summersonic Festival --- tickets here --- CONFIRMED
08/14/05 --- Tokyo, Japan --- Marine Stadium - Summersonic Festival --- tickets here --- CONFIRMED

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Oh man :drool:

Kristina, I'll happily buy us the tix and you can pay me back whenever. You're not going to be in Chicago then, are ya? That's where we saw Garbage that time... We can be up close enough to grab Brian and Scott. :sexywink:

I see U2 on May 7. Shit...what to do, what to do.....

:hmm:

knox said:
LadyLemon -- see them in Chicago on the 4th. ;)

That would be cool as all hell, but I already made my travel arrangements so I'll be arriving in Chi-town on the 5th :|

Last edited:
It's okay.

I was really sick of hearing the name "Beverly Hills" by the end of the song. It's the only Weezer song I can recall offhand that has a real solo (instead of just pulling a "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and playing the main melody more enthusiastically).

the more I listen to this song the sadder I get.

oh my god, could you get any more uninspired? It's like they just gave up on putting effort into their songs.
not only is the music boring complete with a horrible wah guitar solo, but the lyrics make me feel weak and sick.

Where I come from isn't all that great
My automobile is a piece of crap
My fashion sense is a little whack
And my friends are just as screwy as me

I didn't go to boarding schools
Preppie girls never looked at me
Why should they?
I ain't nobody
Got nothing in my pocket

Beverly Hills
That's where I want to be
Livin' in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Rolling like a celebrity
Livin' in Beverly Hills

Look at all those movie stars
They're all so beautiful and clean
When the housemaids scrub the floors
They get the spaces in between

I wanna live a life like that
I wanna be just like a king
Take my picture by the pool
'cause I'm the next big thing

and it goes on and on...Lord, it's so bad. yeah yeah...trying to be ironic or something..but any stupid 3 year old worth his weight in diapers can write this.
horrible horrible horrible
I don't understand how any of you like it

I don't love the song, but it doesn't piss me off either. Not all of the music I listen to has to have big meanings or poetic lyrics (although I prefer most of it that does). Sometimes we need something fun and brainless.

yeah, I know...and to each their own...
but there's a difference between "fun and brainless" and just plain brainless

Basstrap said:
yeah, I know...and to each their own...
but there's a difference between "fun and brainless" and just plain brainless

That's why I hate the Killers.

Beverly Hills isn't up to the usual Weezer standard, but there's something about the song that I get, maybe moreso than most people. :shrug:

I'm thinking this is their Vertigo moment, and the rest of the album is going to be better.

Back
Top Bottom