new underground stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
finding some new music on the net like you i thought we maybe should share.

this thread is dedicated the many bands we all don?t know bc they?re without a major release.

if you find sth. new and exciting put it here. style and taste please, no matter what style.

so... i?m unable to burn this stuff on cd. go check it, just a little underground to listen to while you?re surfing on interference?

http://www.eroplay.com/underground/suarchives.html

scroll to "the treacherous quicksands of the river esk"

i like it. unable to burn it on cd, i?m gonna cut a tape now.

Well, I've posted about them so many times it's ridiculous, but AFI.

They're a punk/hardcore/goth band. They have their first MAJOR release coming out March 11. Sing the Sorrow. You can read the album review on www.rollingstone.com . It's up now.

Last edited:
MrBrau1:

she?s got a brilliant voice. amazing. silk.

"we were afraid to.. "... that melody line of "sense" is a hit. and "your disguise is broken..." in "anyway", too.

fine recording quality of "full songs". acoustic guitars mhm, drums recorded ok- - especially first three songs, drummer sensitive in some songs, start of "anyway", hihat in "quietly", f.e. - then, riff of "honey in my hands" is one of those that stay in the ear. explosion in the middle of "honey"... wow, her voice. power.

good guitar sounds solo/ end of "quietly". like the fx/ dist/ flanger first verse of "footsteps". and the end with the door, :D

bass like a bass.

good luck.

Other indie bands people should listen to:

The Shins
Modest Mouse
Grandaddy
Clinic

Okey Dearest Interferencers, your updates please!

Preferrably bands who are not signed, but have a website with music, please.

hmmm... I'm not if these guys count in your categories, but they rock nonetheless so I'll share them anyway :)

The Gabe Dixon Band

I :heart: them... unfortunately, their recordings don't do them justice... this is one of those bands you just HAVE to see live if given the chance... they go into these long jams (longest I've witnessed was 20 minutes :ohmy: ). I would especially recommend listening to "More Than It Would Seem" and "Happy Woman" (two favorites of all their fans) and "Now" for a slower ballad :heart:

Not only that, but they're the nicest guys on the planet :)

oh yeah, and they all graduated from UM :D

:wave: Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom