New Tori Amos record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, to all those who are interested, toriamos.com will be putting a new track from The Beekeeper on the website each week until the album is out. The first song up is "Sweet the Sting." But at any rate, the whole album has already leaked on the net!

EmilyBono said:
But at any rate, the whole album has already leaked on the net!

I keep reading that but I haven't found it anywhere, although I'm happy to wait as I did for U2.

I've gotten six of the songs off soulseek throughout the last few days. I might wait on the rest, since it's really only 3 weeks. I'll sure be getting the album on the first day it's out, I can't wait! :)
From what I've heard so far, I like Sweet the Sting and looove The Power of Orange Knickers.

"The Power Of Orange Knickers"
(feat. Damien Rice)

The power of orange knickers
Under my petty coat
The power of listening to what
You don't want me to know

Can somebody tell me now who is this terrorist
Those girls that smile kindly then rip your life to pieces?
Can somebody tell me now am I alone with this
This little pill in my hand and with this secret kiss
Am I alone in this...

A matter of complication
When you become a twist
For their latest drink
As they're transitioning

This little pill in my hand that keeps the pain laughin'
Can somebody tell me now a way out of this -
That sacred pipe of red stone could blow me out of this kiss
Am I alone in this...

Shame shame time to leave me now
Shame shame you've had your fun
Shame shame for letting me think that I would be the one

This little pill in my hand or this secret kiss
Am I alone in this kiss
Am I alone in this kiss

Anybody know the name of the Tori Amos song that has the video where she's crawling in and out of these holes in the walls and everytime she comes out she's in a different outfit? I saw the video once and really liked the song...any help would be much appreciated :D

I *think* it's Silent All These Years. I'm sure there's a Tori expert around here who can confirm this.

BTW, if you like this song, RUN to your nearest CD store and pick up Little Earthquakes. This CD changed my LIFE.

Last edited:
lmjhitman said:
BTW, if you like this song, RUN to your nearest CD store and pick up Little Earthquakes. This CD changed my LIFE.

I like the song "Winter" and I have that CD on my Birthday list :wink: I've heard good things!

myusernamehere said:
Did anyone pick up Piece by Piece?

I did. I've thumbed through it and read some excerpts. I don't think I'm going to like a lot of it though I am interested in reading the autobiographical parts. It's weird, I'm such a huge fan of Tori's music but I've never actually been a fan of her personality off the stage and I find a lot of what she has to say to be...well, uninteresting to me. She's really into women's issues, the Goddess and stuff that was interesting to me many years ago, and I think she weaves a lot of that into the book. More recently I am just not so interested in gender-specific issues which is maybe a weird thing for a woman to say. I support those issues, but I'm not so interested in philosophizing about them. I also think Tori wants to be an intellectual but I don't think she is one. But I still love her and perhaps I should read more of the book before I spout off opinions about it!

The Original Sinsuality Tour dates:

4/03/05 Orlando, FL Bob Carr Theatre
4/04/05 Atlanta, GA Symphony Hall
4/06/05 Washington, DC Warner Theatre
4/08/05 New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom
4/11/05 Philadelphia, PA Kimmel Center
4/12/05 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
4/14/05 Detroit, MI Detroit Opera House
4/15/05 Chicago, IL Auditorium Theatre
4/17/05 Grand Prairie, TX Nokia Theatre
4/19/05 Denver, CO Paramount Theatre
4/22/05 Seattle, WA Benaroya Hall
4/24/05 San Francisco, CA Davies Symphony Hall
4/25/05 Los Angeles, CA Royce Hall Auditorium

joyfulgirl said:

It's weird, I'm such a huge fan of Tori's music but I've never actually been a fan of her personality off the stage and I find a lot of what she has to say to be...well, uninteresting to me.

Not that weird, I really don't pay attention to her interviews because she loses me when she goes on a tangent. But then again I am more "practical" than "spiritual."

Very short tour....:(

myusernamehere said:

Very short tour....:(

This is just the solo part of the tour. She'll do a bigger tour this summer with her band and probably come to a town near both of you. :)

I thought she was wonderful last night on Letterman. She looked beautiful, her hair was gorgeous, and she was in fine voice. Sometimes her TV performances aren't that great but this was worth staying up for.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I thought she sounded wonderful last night. Yet just another reminder for me to pick up one of her cds.

I think you should go to her solo Atlanta show. :wink: She'll blow you away!!

I've only ever given scant attention to Tori Amos and her music but I did happen to catch her on Letterman and I've got to say.... she's pretty damn beautiful. She looks a bit like Jewel but -- in some indescribable way -- more appealing. And hell, I liked the song she played last night. I'd even consider picking up an album.

pub crawler said:
I've only ever given scant attention to Tori Amos and her music but I did happen to catch her on Letterman and I've got to say.... she's pretty damn beautiful. She looks a bit like Jewel but -- in some indescribable way -- more appealing. And hell, I liked the song she played last night. I'd even consider picking up an album.

Go get 'Little Earthquakes'. NOW.

pub crawler, get 'Tales Of A Librarian'(I think that's what it's called), it's her recent best of compilation. It's certainly not the only work of hers you should own but it's a damn good starting point.

A few comments here and there:

I missed her on Letterman. :scream: :(

I'll be watching for those added tour dates. It's been many a year since HG has seen a Tori show. :up:

I second going to buy 'Little Earthquakes.' Might as well start at the beginning!

lmjhitman, I'm glad your Tori CD finally made it to you!

I'm interested in the book. What I may do is thumb through it at the bookstore and see what it's like. Joyful, I'm interested in hearing more about what you think after you've read further into it. I think we have the same view of Tori in that I'm not completely interested in every weird thing she has to say.

Also, I'm still enjoying the mixes. :drool:

And that is all, I think! :D

HeartlandGirl said:
lmjhitman, I'm glad your Tori CD finally made it to you!

:bow: :bow: :bow: Thank you so much HG! I'd almost forgotten how much I LOVE this single! :love:

Is she doing a solo tour and a full band tour, cos I saw her solo during strange little girls and prefer her with her band.

Cant wait for the new album. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom