New Tori Amos record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyful, thank you.

I have listened. I have returned. I shall discuss.

I think they sound cool! Have listened to both of them twice. I'm not hearing as much piano as I would expect, but I am hearing vintage Tori vocals and lyrics. Sounds like she's gone in a slightly new direction without losing the thread. I think I prefer Sleeps With Butterflies, which is meaningless so early in listening... :wink: It's very pretty, cool lyrics.

I am very excited for this album! I've been listening to a lot of Tori lately. I just keep naturally picking out her albums to take with me to work without thinking too much about it. Can't wait to hear all of The Beekeeper. :)

I like Sleeps with Butterflies but Cars & Guitars I am not getting into at all. In fact, I think it's awful. :reject: However, I don't dislike it as much as the people over in the Tori forum who have a thread called "Cars & Guitars makes me want to puke" devoted to the apparent popular hatred of this clip. And you thought EYKIW is scary!

3426639523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3247%3E596%3E%3B42%3EWSNRCG%3D32327%3A758777%3Anu0mrj

I read on thedent.com that this is the cover for the album (sorry if it's blurry.) Also, here is the tracklisting:

Parasol
Sweet the Sting
The Power of Orange Knickers
Jamaica Inn
Barons of Suburbia
Sleeps with Butterflies
General Joy
Mother Revolution
Ribbons Undone
Cars and Guitars
Witness
Original Sinsuality
Ireland
The Beekeeper
Martha's Foolish Ginger
Hoochie Woman
Goodbye Pisces
Marys of the Sea
Toast

That's a whole lotta songs - I can't wait!

I don't like a lot of her cover art. :reject: I think this one looks similar to Scarlet's Walk, though.

Long tracklisting...nice. :up:

She's really into the pink with teal thing lately, it seems.

not crazy about the cover art either, but excited about that long track listing.

'the power of orange knickers'--only tori could pull that off.

:laugh:

I want my name in a Tori song!!!

Also looking forward to this 'orange knickers' song... hehehe

HeartlandGirl said:
I want my name in a Tori song!!!

I felt really special when she mentioned the three states I've lived in on Scarlet's Walk (Virginia, New York and New Mexico) but now I've got my own song!!

I hope it doesn't suck. :|

I think she's writing Jennifer right now and it will debut on the tour. :wink:

joyfulgirl said:

I felt really special when she mentioned the three states I've lived in on Scarlet's Walk (Virginia, New York and New Mexico) but now I've got my own song!!

I hope it doesn't suck. :|

I think she's writing Jennifer right now and it will debut on the tour. :wink:

She mentioned Oklahoma in Tombigbee. :up:

Yeah, 'Jennifer' is probably like Cooling that way. Just such a fantastic song that it doesn't even fit on one of the albums. :wink:

And for your sake, I hope the song doesn't suck either!

P.S. I have just received word that mofo is officially wearing a cape.

HeartlandGirl said:

Also looking forward to this 'orange knickers' song... hehehe

from the dent.com

...The Power of Orange Knickers is actually a duet with Damien Rice!

:drool:

joyfulgirl said:

from the dent.com

...The Power of Orange Knickers is actually a duet with Damien Rice!

:drool:

:ohmy:

I second that emotion. :drool:

And I like the single cover better than the album cover. :shrug:

how i detest cover artwork, can only hope album dulls disappointment but fear of disenchantment is overwhelming. how to deal with second (u2) melodic hearbreak of year, perhaps even 3rd attempt depending on the individual questioned.

"please don't put your life in the hands of a rock'n'roll band"

The new single (just the song, not the actual 'single CD') is on iTunes for those interested!

It sounds pretty to me from the short clip. :up:

From an e-mail forwarded to me today by a former coworker:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, TORI FANS!!

WHAT BETTER WAY TO KICK OFF 2005 THAN WITH A NEW ALBUM FROM TORI?!

PRE-ORDER The BEEKEEPER Limited Edition Package!
Get your special, limited edition version of The BEEKEEPER online now from the SonyMusicStore and you'll also get a

Limited Edition Tori Amos poster
FREE with your purchase!

The limited edition package features an extended 24-page booklet, the 19-track CD, PLUS a special bonus DVD that includes over 25 minutes of interview footage with Tori AND the bonus track "Garland" with text and pictures from her new book! There's also a BEEKEEPER seed packet included!

Click over now to get yours before they're all gone!

Look for The BEEKEEPER in stores everywhere February 22, 2005!

LISTEN TO "SLEEPS WITH BUTTERFLIES"
Listen to the first single from The BEEKEEPER online now at ToriAmos.com!

-----

I wonder if it's the whole song...I'll head over there and check it out. I also wonder if the limited edition package will be available in stores. I'm not too worried about them running out. I just bought the Scarlet's Walk limited edition for mofo for Christmas...

EDIT:

Ok, I'm back. If you sign up for Tori's mailing list, you can listen to the full song. I ended up signing up twice because my media player died the first time. :huh: Don't know what will happen with all that, but I do like the song. Going to listen a few more times while I have the link open so that I can maybe decipher more of the lyrics.

:up:

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:

EDIT:

Ok, I'm back. If you sign up for Tori's mailing list, you can listen to the full song.

But I've been on Tori's mailing list for years and I don't see where I can listen to the whole song. :help:

Oh, never mind. I just signed up again using my other email address. I'm listening to it now. Sounds like classic Tori to me. :up:

HeartlandGirl said:

Going to listen a few more times while I have the link open so that I can maybe decipher more of the lyrics.

Sleeps with Butterflies

Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying above where we live?
Then I look up
a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?

I'm not
but I like rivers that
Rush in
so then I dove in

Is there trouble ahead
for you the acrobat?
I won't push you
unless you have a net

You say the word you know I will find you
or if you need some time I don't mind
I don't hold onto the
tail of your kite

I'm not like the girls that you know
but I believe I'm worth comin' home to
kiss her
waiting by this girl

only sleeps with butterflies
with butterflies
with butterflies
with butterflies
So go on and fly boy

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the lyrics. :) They're my favorite part of the song. Definitely classic Tori. :up:

Ok, some of the lyrics are missing. That's what happens when you cut and paste from another website and assume they're right. :huh:

Yeah, now that you mention it...

I hadn't listened to it since you posted them, so I didn't notice. :der:

Back
Top Bottom