New Tori Amos Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Tonight I was listening to Tori and decided to look up something on wikipedia about her. That's where I found this:

"During the summer tour and in several recent interviews while promoting A Piano, Amos has revealed cryptic details about her upcoming album. She has hinted at a release date of April 2007. It has also been confirmed that Tori is returning to the harpsichord for the first time since 1996's Boys for Pele, along with the piano and Wurlitzer. Amos has made several comments about bringing a "warrior woman" out on the next record. She has also stated that she is "jumping ship" with the next record and doing something completely different than her previous work."

More quotes from Tori concerning the new album can be found here.

This is the one I find most promising:

"I think that this new work -- it's too early to say -- but this is a very different chapter. Certainly, since I've been a mother. You haven't really felt this Tori in a while...I didn't want [Tash] looking and hearing me and thinking, "Oh my God, that's a scary lady!" There are enough scary rock & roll mothers in the world. I'm able to explain now that the woman who comes and reads bedtime stories and hangs out with her is different than the woman who walks behind that piano. I think this is the first time she's able to differentiate that. Now that there's that buffer, there are things in the world it's time to confront. There is an energy that you carry when you're nurturing another life where you're protecting first -- and once you know that cub is out of the way of the hunter's gun, you can be a little more daring." (March 30, 2006)

And all I have to say now is :hyper: :combust:

Oh, and returning to the harpsichord? :drool:

HeartlandGirl said:

And all I have to say now is :hyper: :combust:

Oh, and returning to the harpsichord? :drool:

:up:

Bring on the scary, daring, confrontational harpischord-playing rock & roll mama!!

I hope this is true. I've been a diehard Tori fan since "Little Earthquakes", but I was really disappointed with "The Beekeeper". Even after repeated listenings, I sadly just couldn't get into it.

Re: Re: New Tori Amos Album

joyfulgirl said:
:up:

Bring on the scary, daring, confrontational harpischord-playing rock & roll mama!!

:drool:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm still working thru Venus, haven't listened to it fully yet. :lol: One more to go... Strange Little Girls. :hmm:

This does sound quite promising. The Beekeeper was pretty boring, and Scarlet's Walk was nice and all, but still not near as great as her earlier albums. Tori started getting too tasteful.

Though I will admit that I was not crazy about the harpsichord songs on Boys for Pele, except for Caught A Lite Sneeze.

I was disappointed with the Bee Keeper myself, after I enjoyed Scarlet's Walk so much. I've been longing for a return to her Choir Girl Hotel days though. I still remember the show I went to in '98 and it rocked. Totally awesome. I'll be very interested to see how this one turns out! I :heart: Tori!

just in time for my birthday too, Mia! :drool:

U2Girl416 said:
I was disappointed with the Bee Keeper myself, after I enjoyed Scarlet's Walk so much. I've been longing for a return to her Choir Girl Hotel days though. I still remember the show I went to in '98 and it rocked. Totally awesome. I'll be very interested to see how this one turns out! I :heart: Tori!

:up: Same here!

drt4 said:
This does sound quite promising. The Beekeeper was pretty boring, and Scarlet's Walk was nice and all, but still not near as great as her earlier albums. Tori started getting too tasteful.

Though I will admit that I was not crazy about the harpsichord songs on Boys for Pele, except for Caught A Lite Sneeze.

Yeah, I'm with you, except for the harpischord stuff. It did nothing for me at first, but Pele really grew on me after a few years.

you know, I liked From the Choirgirl Hotel when it came out, but I'm listening to it now and I just don't like it. I love Spark and 1 or 2 other songs, but the rest are just ... yuck.

So come on, Tori! Give me something to looooooooooooove!

corianderstem said:
you know, I liked From the Choirgirl Hotel when it came out, but I'm listening to it now and I just don't like it. I love Spark and 1 or 2 other songs, but the rest are just ... yuck.

Really? I think Choirgirl is underrated. I have some issues with the production but I really like most of the songs and that tour just kicked so much ass, those songs sounded fantastic live. "Hotel" I hated until I heard it live, I still skip "She's Your Cocaine" (perhaps one of the weakest Tori songs ever, IMO), and "Jackie's Strength" doesn't do anything for me, but I think the rest is great. Liquid Diamonds, Pandora, iieee, Playboy Mommy and Cruel are among my favorite Tori songs.

I like Hotel and Northern Lad ... Playboy Mommy is okay, Jackie's Strength is a little blah. I really don't like the others you mentioned. :reject:

You guys don't like Raspberry Swirl??? :shame:

Choirgirl is good but I need to be in the mood for it. As opposed to say, Scarlet's Walk which I always seem to be in the mood for.

corianderstem said:
I like Hotel and Northern Lad ... Playboy Mommy is okay, Jackie's Strength is a little blah. I really don't like the others you mentioned. :reject:

I forgot about Northern Lad. :heart:

Not even the gorgeous "Liquid Diamonds"?? Okay, okay...you don't like it. That's okay. We all have our favorite and least favorite Tori eras. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
You guys don't like Raspberry Swirl??? :shame:

Choirgirl is good but I need to be in the mood for it. As opposed to say, Scarlet's Walk which I always seem to be in the mood for.

Me likey Raspberry Swirl. :yes: Not one of my favorites but I always crank it up when it comes on.

I agree about Scarlet's Walk... I'm always up for that.

Zootlesque said:

Same here. I really, really like Choirgirl, but I never have loved it for whatever reason. Gotta agree that "She's Your Cocaine" is not a song I need to hear very often.

Scarlet's Walk...what a beautiful album and concept that was. The packaging, the songs, the way the record grows on you... :heart:

I didn't love Choirgirl until the tour, I have to admit, so maybe those songs just came to life for me live.

I think I felt the same about the album as a whole both before and after seeing the tour. I remember being bored by Pandora's Aquarium live, even though I liked the song on the album!

And I've always loved "Hotel." Such a crazy song! More of those on the new album, please! :yes:

Poor Pandora, gets no lovin' :sad:

I remember not liking it at first, but then I fell in love with this part with headphones at the gym:

Line me up in single file
With all your grievances
Stare but I can taste you're still
Alive below the waves
Ripples come and ripples go
And ripple back to me
Back to me

A lot of her songs are like that...I won't like the beginning but then there's a verse or a melody that stays with me and wins me over. Almost like two different songs patched together.

And Liquid Diamonds is one of my favorite Tori songs to hear live. :heart:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I AM going to see her live this year.

I really do hope that she kicks it on this album. I saw her twice last year and the first time was horrendous. Not because she sounded bad, but she played such rare stuff that even I felt like a non-fan. I was almost BORED being there. :reject: I've enjoyed her every other time though. :shrug:

I'm sure I'll still buy tickets though if she comes here this year. if not, I'll become April's new best friend :wink:

U2Girl416 said:

I really do hope that she kicks it on this album. I saw her twice last year and the first time was horrendous. Not because she sounded bad, but she played such rare stuff that even I felt like a non-fan. I was almost BORED being there. :reject: I've enjoyed her every other time though. :shrug:

I'm sure I'll still buy tickets though if she comes here this year. if not, I'll become April's new best friend :wink:

Concert buddies. :drool:

joyfulgirl said:
Line me up in single file
With all your grievances
Stare but I can taste you're still
Alive below the waves
Ripples come and ripples go
And ripple back to me
Back to me

That's my favorite part too. :up:

I can't wait to see Tori again, because last time I was miserably ill and barely remember the show. Being able to breathe through my nose next time would be a big plus!

Back
Top Bottom