New Tori Amos Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If anyone wants to write a formal review of the new Tori album for Interference, shoot me an email! Thanks! :heart:

Zootlesque said:

Holy shit! I love that version. It is indeed better than the album version. It has made me pay more attention to the album version. I like Venus a lot more now. You ladies were right. :reject: :wink:

Yay. :up:

"Spring Haze" was the first song from Venus that I really connected with, probably because it was right after JFK, Jr.'s plane went down and I always thought about that whenever I heard this song.

pictorial leak
67.jpg

68.jpg

Track List:

Yo George
Big Wheel
Bouncing off Clouds
Teenage Hustling
Digital Ghost
You Can Bring Your Dog

Mr. Bad Man
Fat Slut
Girl Disappearing
Secret Spell
Devils and Gods
Body and Soul

Father's Son
Programmable Soda
Code Red
Roosterspur Bridge
Beauty of Speed

Almost Rosey
Velvet Revolution
Dark Side of the Sun
Posse Bonus
Smokey Joe
Dragon

U2Girl416 said:
it's always so difficult to tell if I'll like a new Tori album when I look at new photos released. :lol:

I hear you. I've never been into how Tori dresses up like her characters--a bit too gimmicky and ego-driven for me--but I'm sure she has fun with it. So I take the photos with a grain of salt and just laugh.

From what I've read, and looking at the song titles, this sounds like a very political record.

U2Girl416 said:
take the "A Sorta Fairytale" video for example, so out there and weird, yet I love the song and album. I guess you never know!

I'll be looking forward to the album, I just hope it's better than the Beekeeper was, for me.

agree on both

although I loved The Beekeeper songs performed live on the tour...I never listen to the record

U2Girl416 said:
loved the tour for Scarlet's and pretty much all of them except this recent one, but deep down I still crave a tour like '98 for Choir Girl. that's still high up there for me on her tours.

again, I agree completely

That and Scarlet's Walk were my favorite tours. '98 was exciting and the shows I saw just totally kicked ass. The Scarlet's Walk tour was very different but the two shows I saw were every bit as good as the '98 shows--just different. The '98 show rocked while the SW tour was just beautiful and moving for me (it helped to be in the 5th row center :drool: ) and I lucked out and got my dream setlists for two shows. I enjoyed The Beekeeper tour because I enjoy all her tours, but there was something missing. Oh yeah--it was the band. But not having the band made me appreciate even more what an incredible musician she is. She didn't really play any of my favorite songs but I did get into watching her play and her voice was really strong.

I guess the reason I love Tori so much is the same reason why I love U2, Radiohead and Wilco...which is that although I have my favorites and least favorites, I pretty much like it all. Even though Beekeeper is my least favorite, there's still nothing really wrong with it for me.

joyfulgirl said:

I hear you. I've never been into how Tori dresses up like her characters--a bit too gimmicky and ego-driven for me--but I'm sure she has fun with it. So I take the photos with a grain of salt and just laugh.

Really?

I've always found that Tori's characters enhanced the record once I got the chance to listen to them. I wouldn't call it gimmicky because she's an artist that digs deep inside herself to create her art. When she dresses up as a character I think it is a way of completes the work in a way. I don't think it is ego-driven either, it is part of the work just as The Fly or MacPhisto weren't Bono being ego-driven. That's my take at least.

Screwtape2 said:

Really?

I've always found that Tori's characters enhanced the record once I got the chance to listen to them. I wouldn't call it gimmicky because she's an artist that digs deep inside herself to create her art. When she dresses up as a character I think it is a way of completes the work in a way. I don't think it is ego-driven either, it is part of the work just as The Fly or MacPhisto weren't Bono being ego-driven. That's my take at least.

That's a nice take on it. I do think the characters complete the work for Tori, but they do absolutely nothing for me as a fan and a listener. :shrug: I guess the ego-driven comment comes from my general impression of Tori. Yes, she's an artist who digs down deep, but I also think her ego is off the charts--just my opinion. I'm not crazy about her personality and tend to cringe when she talks, and somehow these characters seem to be an extension of that for me but that's probably just me. Thanks for putting it in a more positive light. :up:

joyfulgirl said:
where's my Tori posse? :grumpy:

I've been out of town and away from the computron. Nice to come back to some new album news. :yes:

The first thing that strikes me is the number of tracks. 23? It's either going to be a brilliant, coherent, long story album (Scarlet's Walk) or a good album dragged down by an overabundance of mediocre songs that should have been B-sides (The Beekeeper). Just my opinion, of course, but I think BeeK. needed some heavy-handed editing.

And the first track is Yo George? Definitely gonna be a political record--no doubt in my mind.

Still absorbing the "posse" photos and names. Hmm... :slant:

HeartlandGirl said:
I've been out of town and away from the computron. Nice to come back to some new album news. :yes:

Wow! Same here, I was out of town and away from comp too! :hi5:

23 tracks! Holy shit! She beat her own 18 track record.

Apparently clips of at least 3 songs have found their way on the internet... Secret Spell, Bouncing Off Clouds and Big Wheel.

Last edited:
Listening to "Big Wheel" makes me feel like I'm in Mississippi. Or maybe Alabama.

I quite like the "Bouncing Off Clouds" snippet though. :hyper:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:

Big Wheel sounds awesome!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

My friend likes it, too. But I've listened to it about 5 times now and I don't see it growing on me any time soon. In fact, I think I hate it. :sad: It could be good live, though...

Yeah, the Clouds snippet sounds interesting. :yes:

joyfulgirl said:
My friend likes it, too. But I've listened to it about 5 times now and I don't see it growing on me any time soon. In fact, I think I hate it. :sad:

:ohmy: :( Is it because of the M-I-L-F part? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom