New Tori Amos Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this just in...

TORI AMOS TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM - AMERICAN DOLL POSSE
Tori has finished her 9th studio album entitled American Doll Posse. It will be released on May 1, 2007 on Epic Records. The album was written and produced by Tori at Martian Engineering in Cornwall, England. Stay tuned for more details.

TORI ANNOUNCES WORLD TOUR LAUNCHING MAY 2007!
On May 28th, Tori will launch her world concert tour, The American Doll Posse Tour, in Rome, Italy.

AMERICAN DOLL POSSE TOUR
CONFIRMED DATES

May 28 ROME, ITALY TEATRO SISTINA
May 30 FLORENCE, ITALY TEATRO VERDI
May 31 MILAN, ITALY TEATRO SMERALDO
June 2 PARIS, FRANCE LE PALAIS DES CONGRESS
June 3 AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS HMH
June 4 HAMBURG, GERMANY MUSIKHALLE
June 6 DUSSELDORF, GERMANY PHILIPSHALLE
June 7 MUNICH, GERMANY PHILHARMONIE
June 8 VIENNA, AUSTRIA STADTHALLE
June 10 STUTTGART, GERMANY BEETHOVENSAAL
June 11 NURNBERG, GERMANY SERENADENHOF
June 13 COPENHAGEN, DENMARK FALCONER
June 14 OSLO, NORWAY NORWEGIAN WOOD FESTIVAL
June 17 BERLIN, GERMANY TEMPODROM
June 19 WARSAW, POLAND SALA KONGRESOWA
June 21 PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC CONGRESS CENTRE
June 22 BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA INCHEBA HALL
June 24 BUDAPEST, HUNGARY ARENA
June 26 LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA KRIZANKE
June 29 ZURICH, SWITZERLAND KONGRESSHAUS
June 30 FRANKFURT, GERMANY ALTE OPER
July 1 WERCHTER, BELGIUM WERCHTER FESTIVAL GET TIX!
July 3 LONDON, UK HAMMERSMITH APOLLO
July 4 LONDON, UK HAMMERSMITH APOLLO
July 5 MANCHESTER, UK APOLLO

amos_tori_03l.gif

Okay, you can't see the picture too well but in one hand she's holding a Bible, the other hand has "SHAME" written on it, and there's blood running down her left leg.

:( No Glasgow date? Hope one gets added on! She has played here on her last 3 tours! :huh:

Loving the new pic though :love:

New album! Fantastic, can't wait!

Is that gonna be the album cover? Not sure about it, she looks a little weird. :shifty: But as long as the album is good, I don't really care.

Hope US dates are announced soon. I don't wanna miss her this time! :hyper:

Zootlesque said:

Is that gonna be the album cover? Not sure about it, she looks a little weird. :shifty: But as long as the album is good, I don't really care.

I think she's in character.

Zootlesque said:

Hope US dates are announced soon. I don't wanna miss her this time! :hyper:

I'm kind of glad the tour is starting in Europe. It means she'll be on fire by the time she gets here. :drool: :hyper:

joyfulgirl said:

I'm kind of glad the tour is starting in Europe. It means she'll be on fire by the time she gets here. :drool: :hyper:

:drool:

I think I might start listening to The Beekeeper again in anticipation. :drool:

Zootlesque said:

:drool:

I think I might start listening to The Beekeeper again in anticipation. :drool:

I think I might start listening to everything Tori again in anticipation. :heart:

joyfulgirl said:
I think I might start listening to everything Tori again in anticipation. :heart:

Have you seen her live? More than once? Does she put on a great show? This will be my first time!

I've seen her live and she was utterly captivating, mesmerising&beautiful to listen to and watch! :drool: :love: :bow:

Zootlesque said:

Have you seen her live? More than once? Does she put on a great show? This will be my first time!

Yes, I've seen her a dozen or so times. Like susanp6 says, she's completley wonderful live. She's been performing since she was a child and it shows. She's completely comfortable in her skin onstage. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you may leave your body or go into a trance. :yes: :wink:

Oh. Mah. Gawd.

That photograph.

I was listening to The Beekeeper the other day, thinking, "This really is pretty easy listening compared to older Tori albums." But judging from the picture, I think edgy Tori is BACK! And I hope she and her harpsichord will be kicking ass and taking names! :drool:

So...what does everyone think of the album title? I think I like it. I'll be interested to see how it fits with the overall album (concept, songs, lyrics, artwork, etc.).

Wow ... nursing a pig, menstruating down her leg ... gotta love those promo shots and/or album covers.

I hope I like this one a lot more than I liked The Beekeeper.

Even if I don't, I'm still buying it. I have faith in Tori.

The Beekeeper did have Barons Of Suburbia, Orange Knickers, Original Sinsuality, Marys Of The Sea, the title track, Toast, Martha's Foolish Ginger etc. that blew me away! I don't know... maybe I have an attachment to The Beekeeper because I got back to discovering her with that album. :wink: Until then I only knew Earthquakes and Pink. :ohmy:

I didn't want to start a new thread on this as we all know how long Tori threads stay up in this forum. :grumpy: Anyway, just wanted to say that To Venus And Back has been the hardest album of originals for me to get into. I still haven't listened to Strange Little Girls but that's all covers anyway. But yeah, Venus... esp. the second half of Disc 1 is :crazy: Even Choirgirl is easier to listen to!

Zootlesque said:
I didn't want to start a new thread on this as we all know how long Tori threads stay up in this forum. :grumpy: Anyway, just wanted to say that To Venus And Back has been the hardest album of originals for me to get into. I still haven't listened to Strange Little Girls but that's all covers anyway. But yeah, Venus... esp. the second half of Disc 1 is :crazy: Even Choirgirl is easier to listen to!

Strange Little Girls is something that you should really listen to. Her cover of Enjoy The Silence is breathtaking. Give To Venus And Back a little more time, it will grow on you. Well...hopefully. It is a great album.

Zootlesque said:

Zoots! *throws cold water on your face* Snap out of it man! You're missing some great stuff!

I really do love the second half of To Venus and Back. My favorite song on there is probably the one that's bothering you most..."Datura." Eight and a half minutes of Tori chanting flower names is a bit strange and overwhelming, I will give you that, but what really gets me there is when she sings "Is there room in my heart for you to follow your heart, and not need more blood from the tip of your star." Excellent lyrics. And the end of the song, where she sings "dividing Canaan" over and over is really nice for going into a trance and letting the music carry you away. Not to mention the other songs. 1000 Oceans, Spring Haze, and Josephine are true beauties. So maybe give it a few more tries?

And Strange Little Girls is more than worthy of your time. Yes, they're covers, but some of them are downright brilliant. Real Men, Rattlesnakes, and Time are my three favorites. Tori just owns those songs, and they're some of my favorite Tori songs to listen to. Ever.

I think what's going on is that you're more into the recent calm Tori, whereas I (and some others around here) grew up on crazy, controversial Tori and really love that aspect of her older music. But just keep plugging away at the weird stuff...some of those songs can take years to grow on you.

HeartlandGirl said:
Zoots! *throws cold water on your face* Snap out of it man!

:yikes:

:lol:

HeartlandGirl said:
I think what's going on is that you're more into the recent calm Tori, whereas I (and some others around here) grew up on crazy, controversial Tori and really love that aspect of her older music. But just keep plugging away at the weird stuff...some of those songs can take years to grow on you.

Yeah I think you're right somewhat. My fav albums of hers are Earthquakes, Pink, Scarlet and Beekeeper. Pele, Choirgirl and Venus I like but not as much. But I love Datura! It IS like a trance! :drool: I'm going to listen to this album again.

LOL at HG. And of course she's right. Get a grip, Zootle! :wink:

Hey, try this live version of Spring Haze. I find the production on Venus to be a bit fuzzy (probably intentionally) but I love the songs.

http://www. ysi.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=89AFB38B05724535

I still think her first (second) album Little Earthquakes is the best. Recently I heard it and the lyrics still surprise me after knowing them for more than a decade.

Zootlesque said:
Yeah I think you're right somewhat. My fav albums of hers are Earthquakes, Pink, Scarlet and Beekeeper. Pele, Choirgirl and Venus I like but not as much.

Okay I've just realized that the above is utterly false. Or atleast not always true. Sometimes I'm in a mood for experimental stuff and sometimes in a more conservative mood. The last couple of days I've been listening to Pele and Choirgirl obsessively. esp. Choigirl :drool: Thing is Pele is this huge ambitious album with some brilliant songs, some good ones and a bit of filler. Choirgirl seems more concise with some fucking mindblowing songs. Listening to Spark and then to that grinding intro of Cruel = :combust: Except for Cocaine, I pretty much like every other song!

HeartlandGirl said:
. . . whereas I (and some others around here) grew up on crazy, controversial Tori and really love that aspect of her older music.

That's me! One of my friends calls her "Demon Tori" when she just goes all aggro live.

I LOVE crazy Tori! And I LOVE "To Venus And Back" :drool: :drool: "Bliss" and "Lust" :hyper:

I couldn't even get through "Beekeeper" and "Scarlet's Walk" is good, I will admit that, but for me it's a bit long, and a bit too-much-the-same so that the whole album starts to sound like one-long song to me.

Bring back our "Blood Roses", "Professional Widow", "Leather", "Happy Phantom", "The Waitress", "Datura" Tori!!!

To quote Bono: "I'm ready for what's next!" :drool:

:wink:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
Except for Cocaine, I pretty much like every other song!

"She's Your Cocaine" never really worked for me either. :shrug:

But I am all about "Hotel," which I think is definitely one of her weirder songs, at least for that album. :love:

joyfulgirl said:
Hey, try this live version of Spring Haze. I find the production on Venus to be a bit fuzzy (probably intentionally) but I love the songs.

http://www. ysi.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=89AFB38B05724535

Holy shit! I love that version. It is indeed better than the album version. It has made me pay more attention to the album version. I like Venus a lot more now. You ladies were right. :reject: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom