New Radiohead album announced The King of Limbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I complete a couple dozen surveys, I can get King of Limbs 36 hours early. :hyper: Sure, it's 82 mbs at 320 kbps, making the album about 20 minutes long, but the virus will be *free*.

GAF, suggest some ways to make time disappear.

It's amazing that in this day and age that Radiohead have managed to keep virtually everything about this album under wraps. We know almost nothing about it, which only adds to its mystique, at least for me.

BoMac, aren't you glad that Elfa character isn't here to ruin this album for us?

It's amazing that in this day and age that Radiohead have managed to keep virtually everything about this album under wraps. We know almost nothing about it, which only adds to its mystique, at least for me.

Do you really think that's such a good thing though? The hype machine hasn't rolled at ALL. What if Radiohead's album FLOPS! :panic:

I actually wish we had more to go on than "it's a Radiohead album." For less consistently terrific bands, I would be pretty meh about this. But yeah, the simple fact that it's a Radiohead album will be enough to make tomorrow an exceptionally slow day.

Seriously. The whole thing is so fucking cool.

And it does seem like this is more mysterious than In Rainbows.

You guys remember this Pitchfork article that they wrote up in between the IR announcement and the release date? Check it out.

Pitchfork: Articles: Pitchfork's Guide to Radiohead's In Rainbows

They had live video of 9 of the 10 tracks. Faust Arp was the only one that people knew nothing about. (Although, what they thought was Reckoner, turned out to not be Reckoner at all.)

With King of Limbs, we don't know shit.

Nice to know the entitled snobs at P-fork aren't getting any lead time on the rest of us.
They've actually had it for the past six months. :shh:

:wink:
So, any guesses as to what the album will sound like? Personally, the whole emphasis on "physicality" and "oldness" (the press shot taken with a nineteenth-century camera and the "newspaper album" thing) are leading me think it's going to have sort of a warped English folk sound, with maybe some weird electronic elements for contrast.

Seriously. The whole thing is so fucking cool.

And it does seem like this is more mysterious than In Rainbows.

You guys remember this Pitchfork article that they wrote up in between the IR announcement and the release date? Check it out.

Pitchfork: Articles: Pitchfork's Guide to Radiohead's In Rainbows

They had live video of 9 of the 10 tracks. Faust Arp was the only one that people knew nothing about. (Although, what they thought was Reckoner, turned out to not be Reckoner at all.)

With King of Limbs, we don't know shit.

Interesting, I had no idea "Nude" was that old!

Oh, shit!

Ahahah, Thommy is killin those dance moves. Damn, that's a fun video. Definitely ripe for some .gifs

Song sounds good. There was one little repeating piece of the melody that really stood out to me on first listen. The "There's an empty space inside my heart, where the weeds take root, so now I set you freeeee...". I guess it might be the chorus, I don't know.

Damn.

Wow. So, we might be hearing this shit very soon. Like, within just a few hours, maybe?

Wow. If that's true, my plans for today have just significantly changed.

yeah, i'm lucky (for once) to have an Atease account. they're now thinking that this could be available anytime now. it's kind of cool reading there. reminds me of when we were all waiting for NLOTH to leak. :lol:

Pretty damn good song that. Infectious drumbeat and then you have Thom just being ... Thom. Dance moves were awesome.

Atease isn't loading for me. Has it maybe crashed for the second time in a week? Jesus.

No one band should have all that power.

(Lame Kanye reference. You'll have to forgive me, I'm kind of giddy right now.)

exciting stuff. now some people are saying that the album is being sent now. we'll see if that's true. atease is definitely starting to crash.

Yeah, it's working now.

What are your guys' user names over there? I just posted in that thread in the general music section. Try and guess which one I am.

We should all start posting over there, start up our own conversation about something totally off the wall and unrelated. Like breakfast cereal, or Derrick Rose.

I joined as a1b2c3. I only lurk. Wouldn't dare to post. But it would be nice to know who you guys are.

I'm down to post about Derrick Rose.

This is gonna have to wait till tomorrow. Cos it's Friday night and I'm drinking beer. And I'm cooler than a polar bear's toenails.

Yup, some people have the album.

Looks like this is the tracklist:

Bloom
Morning Mr. Magpie
Little by Little
Feral
Lotus Flower
Codex
Give Up The Ghost
Separator

Status
Not open for further replies.