New Pearl Jam leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You had In Hiding and SOLAT... :drool:

I love In Hiding, it's one of my all-time favourite songs... you were lucky, it was its debut this tour. I'll have an heart attack it they play either In Hiding, Low Light or Leash :)wink: ) here in Lisbon

Medals on a wooden mantle
Next to a handsome face
That the President took for granted
Writing checks that others pay
And in all the madness
Thought becomes numb and naive
So much to talk about
And nothing for us to say

Those undecided,.... Needn't have faith to be free
And those misguided, there was a plan for them to be
Now you got both sides claiming killing in Gods name
But God is nowhere,.. to be found conveniently
What goes on?
Walking tightrope high,... over moral ground

So this life is sacrificed... oh yeah
to a stranger's bottom line... oh yeah

No more upset mornings
No more trying evenings
It's the American Dream I am disbelieving.
When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank
I'm gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride.

I liked this album until I paid attention to the lyrics.

Now I love it.

Oh and...

Looking in the eyes of the fallen
You've got to know there's another
Another
Another
Another
Another

waaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

Brilliant!!!

Zootlesque said:

I liked this album until I paid attention to the lyrics.

Now I love it.

:up:

It's the album of the year for me so far. I love how it comes close to capturing their live sound--a mission that's been surprisingly difficult on other albums. The album also has a sense of purpose that I admire. It's politically charged and dark, as the lyrics Zoots posted clearly show, but it's also PJ's most life-affirming and optimistic record. I'm impressed with the dichotomy...the range.

While it's weighted with amazing rockers like Severed Hand, I'm absolutely in love with Inside Job, a much slower song that starts off with a kind of distorted Pink Floyd vibe that quietly builds into something amazing. (Maybe I've been corrupted by those Floyd fans on Interference!)

But, yeah, the album is stellar. And, if you can ever see them live--do it. I've seen them 3 times so far, with each show being better than the previous.

Zootlesque said:
I'm seeing them this saturday for the first time! :hyper:

Oh, Zoots...you're in for a real treat! I'm excited for you. PJ might just be the best live act performing right now. I think that Saturday show is in New Jersey, right? You never know, Springsteen could even show up for a song or two :drool:

Make sure to give us the official Zoots review on Sunday. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so i see the "hey maybe springsteen will show up" line is not sole property of u2 shows in jersey

Actually, Bruce is in Washington that night...just looked it up. Otherwise, I'm sure the possibility would be there...they've hooked-up multiple times in the past.

SO THERE :happy:

angelordevil said:

Make sure to give us the official Zoots review on Sunday. :wink:

will do. :sexywink:

They're performing in Camden. Man, how awesome would it be if Vedder started ranting off like he did during that performance of Wishlist on 07-05-03 in Camden! :ohmy:

:drool:

angelordevil said:

Actually, Bruce is in Washington that night...just looked it up. Otherwise, I'm sure the possibility would be there...they've hooked-up multiple times in the past.

SO THERE :happy:

No, Bruce is in Boston on Saturday night. I'm going to that show. He's in DC the following night.

And I sadly will not be able to attend Pearl Jam in Boston tomorrow now. I'm not exactly thrilled about that, considering the setlists have been so tremendous. I'm quite pissed, actually. But I'm already going to Bruce, and the funds just aren't there...

TDBanknorth Garden, Boston, May 24, 2006:

Set List: Release, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Corduroy, Animal, Red Mosquito, Love Boat Captain, Better Man, Unemployable, Even Flow, Sad, Wishlist, Gone, Green Disease, Down, Jeremy, Life Wasted, Why Go

1st encore: Forever Young by Bob Dylan (Ed & Jeff), Masters Of War by Bob Dylan, Crazy Mary by Victoria Williams, Inside Job, Alive

2nd encore: Spin The Black Circle, Do The Evolution, Whipping, Rats, Comatose, Rockin' In The Free World by Neil Young

Tenclub had me in Floor B Row 3
First time seeing "Sad" live for me, friggin' great live.
First 3 songs of encore #2 almost killed me.
Wowza.

Heading into the city to meet Headache.
He's been hanging waiting for me for a couple hour, but couldn't get out of work till now.

Tales of misadventure to come tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom