New Oasis Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
It's called "Lord Don't Slow Me Down".

interesting song. has anyone else heard it?

comments?

edit: oops. my bad. please move to "just the bang....."

I like it, not a fantastic or deep and meaningful song, but a good toe tapper.
Dare I say a good drinking song? :drunk:
Video is enjoyable too.

Thanks, Xavi

I like it, don't love it, but like it. It's a good throwaway tune.

probably not the best choice for a lead off single. who knows, it may fit in with the album really well.

one thing that concerns me though is the stripped down sound of this song and their last album. i really liked how they were a little more atmospheric on "SOTSOG" and "Heathen Chemistry", and i wish they would bring some of that sound back.

It's just another sweet as Oasis tune, highly enjoyable.

A promotion track for the "Lord..." doco, probably won't be on LP7

Yeah, I'm a big Oasis fan! I love Lord don't slow me down (the song), I thought the movie was fun but not very interesting. I think the song should have been on don't belive the truth, but noel thought it didn't fit on there. I think it does.

I'm so very excited for album nr 7. Probably it will be released in april/may 2008. There's one more recording session left for them in abbey road studios in november/december I thought.

Keep saying that my head's locked up in the clouds
Keep praying that the LORD WON'T SLOW ME DOWN
:drool:

mikal said:
one thing that concerns me though is the stripped down sound of this song and their last album. i really liked how they were a little more atmospheric on "SOTSOG" and "Heathen Chemistry", and i wish they would bring some of that sound back.

I agree with you 100%.

As for Lord Don't Slow Me Down, I love the intro to it but it's all downhill from then on for me. That said, I don't hate it so perhaps it might grow on me?

POP-ROMANCER said:
I think the song should have been on don't belive the truth, but noel thought it didn't fit on there. I think it does.

Are you kidding? The song is almost identical musically to Lyla. It has a similar sound to the DBTT sessions sure, but may have sounded too repetitive on there.. at least that's what I think. It's too early to comment on what I think about the song itself. The beat sure is catchy!

The song sounds like Lyla with a bit of bob dylan sub homesick blues.

For me, this just showcases how badly Liam Gallagher's voice has deteriorated...

And yeah, this does sound a hell of a lot like Lyla.

*KICKS OFF HUGE DEBATE ABOUT LIAM'S VOICE*

major_panic said:
For me, this just showcases how badly Liam Gallagher's voice has deteriorated...

And yeah, this does sound a hell of a lot like Lyla.

*KICKS OFF HUGE DEBATE ABOUT LIAM'S VOICE*

Uhmm,

you know Noel is singing this song ?
Sounds good to me

They're recording in Abbey Road ?
Now they'll really think they're the new Beatles.

U2girl said:
They're recording in Abbey Road ?
Now they'll really think they're the new Beatles.

U2, Radiohead, and Pink Floyd have also recorded there, not just The Beatles.

Except none of them have been compared to the Beatles so often. (And I think all of them are easily more talented)

Being compared to them, especially in the UK press. But I don't doubt they compared themselves to the Beatles too.

Back
Top Bottom