New NIN album.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't liked what I've heard and I think that The Hand That Feeds is embarrassing for him. The lyrics are absolutely awful on that one and it sounds just like every other crunchy guitar hard rock song on the radio. I appreciate that he's always trying to change up something in the recording process, but this is a far cry from "Broken" any his other heavy-driving stuff.

'Trent Reznor's razor-sharp approach to a techno-metal nightmare is presented here 'Right Where It Belongs'; half a decade in the making and perhaps slightly smoother round the edges than previous albums, it's a 15 track exploration of what exactly will make your pulse start pounding'

:rockon:

I picked it up today, like the single. Looking forward to listening to the whole thing as a project perspective.

For those of you who were put off by the "The Hand That Feeds", just be aware that it is NOT indicative of what the rest of the album sounds like.

Last edited:
Stunning record, Everyday Is Exactly The Same, Love Is Not Enough, Beside You In Time, Right Where It Belongs and With Teeth are all favourites right now. There's not a weak track on this record, already lining up to be my album of the year.

i'm enjoying it. all the love in the world is one of the most amazing nin tracks i've ever heard. sounds like everything in its right place + a new orleans jazz marching band + a southern baptist choir. rock.

my main complaint is that it is more of a collection of songs, whereas the downward spiral and the fragile were more thematic works that flowed better and more cohesively as albums.

It's definitely the most "pop" album he's made, but I'm definitely using that term loosely. That said, I rather like it. I D/Led it last week, will purchase when I have more loose cash.

Back
Top Bottom