New Medical Discovery: You heard it here first, folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
From http://cbc.ca/stories/2003/01/07/Consumers/hiphuggers_030107

'Hip huggers' cause burning thighs: doctor

TIMMINS, ONTARIO - An Ontario doctor is warning women about the dangers of wearing pants that are too tight and too low, also known as "hip huggers."

Dr. Malvinder Parmar of the Timmins and District Hospital wrote a letter to the Canadian Medical Association Journal.

Parmar described the condition of "tingly thighs" as being caused by tight, low-rise pants. He says three women, between the ages of 22 and 35, had come to him complaining of the same symptoms.

The doctor was at first puzzled by the condition. The three women said they had tingly sensations in their upper thighs.

Two of the women had mild tenderness near their spines. One of the women was concerned her condition might indicate multiple sclerosis ? a disease of the nervous system affecting the spinal cord.

Parmar says nerves underneath the hip bones are squashed by the band of the pants. Pressure on sensory nerves and compression on other ligaments caused the pain and the tingly or burning sensations, called meralgia paresthetica.

Parmar says the nerves aren't seriously damaged, but if women keep wearing the hip huggers, they will keep having the pain.

Parmar advised his patients to forgo the tight pants in favour of looser-fitting clothing. The symptoms disappeared after six weeks.

Meralgia paresthetica has also been known to occur in men who wear tight jeans and keep their wallets in their pant pockets.

Written by CBC News Online staff

-----------------------
Right, so wearing pants so insanely tight that they cut off circulation is bad for you...hmm...who'd have thunk? :sexywink:

My question is: how do these people even WALK in those pants? Really....

I just got new low rise jeans and the zipper won't stay up. I hate when that happens. Should I see a doctor? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom