New Lost Highway Compilation includes Cash, Adams...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The Lost Highway label, which many in the alt-country set call home, has put together a collection of b-sides, rarities, and unreleased tunes to be unleashed on September 23rd. The artists featured on Lost and Found: Volume 1 are culled from the Lost Highway, Island and Rounder rosters, and include everyone from Willie Nelson to Bright Eyes.

Highlights include two live cuts, Willie Nelson's "I Didn't Come Here (And I Ain't Leavin')" and Kathleen Edwards' "Hockey Skates," as well as a track recorded exclusively for the compilation by Bright Eyes. Lost and Found also includes two songs that aren't necessarily lost, or found: Lucinda Williams' "Buick Blues" appears on her latest record, and Johnny Cash's "Wichita Lineman" can be found on the Hurt/Personal Jesus CD single. The two Jayhawks tracks straddle the boundaries of their catalog; "Falling Star" is taken from their 1986 self-titled debut, and "Fools on Parade" appears on the limited edition of their latest effort, Rainy Day Music. Oh, and um, Ryan Adams contributes a track from the out-of-print two-disc version of 2002's Gold. Check out the tracklist for yourself, and if you likey, you can expect a Volume Two to hit the shelves sometime next year.

01 Ryan Adams:"Rosalie Come and Go"
02 Marc Broussard: "Just Like That"
03 Lucinda Williams:"Buick Blues (Version 1)"
04 The Jayhawks: "Fools On Parade"
05 Tift Merritt: "Trouble Over Me"
06 Willie Nelson and Ray Price: "Run That By Me One More Time"
07 Joe Ely: "Streets Of Sin"
08 The Jayhawks: "Falling Star"
09 Kathleen Edwards: "Hockey Skates"
10 Bright Eyes: "Trees Get Wheeled Away"
11 Whiskeytown: "Choked Up"
12 Willie Nelson: "I Didn't Come Here (And I Ain't Leavin')"
13 Lucinda Williams: "Righteously"
14 UnAmerican: "Sometimes"
15 Johnny Cash: "Wichita Lineman"

The Ryan Adams track was a disappointment because we were hoping for something a little more rare...but...any Ryan is good Ryan, so...;)

Also...Bright Eyes? Did he get signed over to Lost Highway? :der: He was still on Saddle Creek, last I knew...

I :heart: Bright Eyes.

I like most of the artists up there
not the biggest fan of compilations though

Back
Top Bottom