New Limp Bizkit?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flying FuManchu said:
I think I would say I've lived here all through junior high and high school and visited a lot during my college years and now I've been here since 2002. Geez!

What's wrong with the burbs? Cordova is a nice place to live!
wow, you did? what high school did you go to?

well it was a nice place until wolfchase opened. now germantown parkway is impossible. like most cities, the sprawl spread too fast for them to accommodate the increase in traffic. they build all these homes and business but germantown parkway is still six lanes like it was back in 1995. it's hilarious. from november-february i don't even go near wolfchase because it's a parking lot.

plus, all i will say (to avoid sounding racist because i'm really not) is that a lot more gangs have come into cordova. this isn't me being racist but me saying something the mpd refuses to admit is a problem. when gang fights are breaking out in school, yes there is a problem.

at least downtown you know it's bad already :laugh: and to be honest, downtown's a lot more safe than people think. i know a lot of people who won't go further west than midtown which i think is hilarious. i read the crime blogs in the commercial appeal and a lot less crime happens in my zip code than midtown, or most areas of memphis, really.

I went to a, relatively speaking, preppy private school with the city name being part of the school name. Will you look down upon me b/c of that. :wink:

Wow... If you hate the traffic now, I'd imagine it would drive you crazy even more when they build that 2nd mall on Germantown Parkway near Wolfchase.

IMO Mid America Mall was always safe, relatively speaking. Even before some of the laughable renovations they made. I'm going to sound racist for a moment but hey its me, but it was always pretty safe in downtown IMO. It was just the fact that during the day, Mid America Mall was a shopping district that catered to a lot of black shoppers. As a result, stereotypes abound and some prejudice. When I was like junior high and junk, during the summer, and weekends I would work there and walk around the mall all the time, with no problems. Now midtown is another story. I used to know people who would always say ridiculous things about how unsafe downtown was (during high school).

The urban sprawl in this area is ridiculous to say the least. Its killing the city to be honest.

Last edited:
ahhh i know what you're talking about. naah, i won't look down on you even though i had to go to a lowly public school.

goddamnit yes i can't believe they're building another mall. it would be nice if they'd open one in midtown or something so we'd have something a bit closer than oak court (which i love).

yeah, i work around the mall of memphis area so yeah, i know what you're talking about. i got to watch them tear it down when i drove to work everyday. midtown is a total joke. i like some of the restaurants and they've got the best secondhand record shops, but it's so fucking preppy there. it's all the uppity-ness of the suburbs where you're expected to be totally rich and drive a humongous suv combined with the attitude where hey, because they think gays are cool then obviously they're cool. i loathe the cooper-young district. they've edged out all the people who used to have businesses there because it doesn't mesh with the image they want to convey. my favourite restaurant used to be there, but she had to move. her lease was up and they wouldn't even let her renew it. luckily now she's on madison.

but midtown is so unsafe. like you said, people talk up how unsafe downtown is, but in reality, you're much more likely to get carjacked or robbed in midtown.

KhanadaRhodes said:

goddamnit yes i can't believe they're building another mall. it would be nice if they'd open one in midtown or something so we'd have something a bit closer than oak court (which i love).

....midtown is a total joke. i like some of the restaurants and they've got the best secondhand record shops, but it's so fucking preppy there. it's all the uppity-ness of the suburbs where you're expected to be totally rich and drive a humongous suv combined with the attitude where hey, because they think gays are cool then obviously they're cool. i loathe the cooper-young district. they've edged out all the people who used to have businesses there because it doesn't mesh with the image they want to convey. my favourite restaurant used to be there, but she had to move. her lease was up and they wouldn't even let her renew it. luckily now she's on madison.

but midtown is so unsafe. like you said, people talk up how unsafe downtown is, but in reality, you're much more likely to get carjacked or robbed in midtown.

Midtown, hell the city... schizophrenic... but gentrification is the key if the city wants to get anywhere. Happens in Chicago all the time these days. I'm surprised that Oak Court is still around but then I chalk it up to the city's attempts at gentrification.

Flying FuManchu said:
Midtown, hell the city... schizophrenic... but gentrification is the key if the city wants to get anywhere. Happens in Chicago all the time these days. I'm surprised that Oak Court is still around but then I chalk it up to the city's attempts at gentrification.
i agree. i think the only reason oak court is still around is because there's not really a lot of stores that the inner-city people are interested in. it's really the only decent mall in this area.

even peabody place is awful. last time i went, it was a fucking zoo. literally. there were tons of teens running through the halls screaming. when it first opened five or six years ago, none of that would be had. people got stopped for wearing doo-rags and were told to remove them. now the dress code isn't enforced at all, much less anything else. there's a curfew but do you think the kids give a shit? where else are they going to go, since they took the bus from orange mound? all the pools and city rec centers are closed now so there's nothing left to do other than harass people in stores or rob people. i don't go there anymore at nighttime because it's annoying to be browsing tower and hear every thirty seconds "tooooower customers, if you are under the age of 18, please leave immediately. thank you for your cooperation." and they all laugh because nothing's going to be done to remove them from the store. so they keep coming in.

and then i get ogled by some wannabe rapper. ugh. i hate when people grab my ass, especially when i'm afraid if i slap them or even give them a dirty look, they'll shoot me.

thank you king willie. :|

Last edited:
well, I didn't think I would have to respond to this thread again, but just in case you missed it the first time:

* gets out megaphone *

ehem...........

LIMP BIZCUT SUCK ASS.

and what the FUCK are we even comparing limp shithead to coldplay for anyway? they're completely fucking different....
however, if you want to "rock out" :rolleyes: to a band....try led fucking zeppelin...because fred durst will have to change his diapers after listening to "in my time of dying", "the wanton song", "achilles last stand", or any number of zeppelin "rock" tunes.....

hey, and guess what? the members of that band could also play classical, jazz, reggae, pop, country, blues.....

now, from what I can see, limp shitfuck's contribution to music is wearing a hat backwards and telling the world you may or maynot have banged christina agulera.

do I have to go on or have I embarrassed limp shiznut enough?

please close this thread.

JOFO said:
well, I didn't think I would have to respond to this thread again, but just in case you missed it the first time:

* gets out megaphone *

ehem...........

LIMP BIZCUT SUCK ASS.

and what the FUCK are we even comparing limp shithead to coldplay for anyway? they're completely fucking different....
however, if you want to "rock out" :rolleyes: to a band....try led fucking zeppelin...because fred durst will have to change his diapers after listening to "in my time of dying", "the wanton song", "achilles last stand", or any number of zeppelin "rock" tunes.....

hey, and guess what? the members of that band could also play classical, jazz, reggae, pop, country, blues.....

now, from what I can see, limp shitfuck's contribution to music is wearing a hat backwards and telling the world you may or maynot have banged christina agulera.

do I have to go on or have I embarrassed limp shiznut enough?

please close this thread.

LOL... actually I can't remember why Coldplay and Limp Bizkit came up. Hey you can rock out to Led Zep, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Foreigner, Led Zeppelin, Cheap Trick, etc... take your pick. Just b/c there other bands out there doesn't mean you can't rock out to Limp Bizkit...

When you mention Limp Bizkit's contribution to music, you're focusing on the image too much... let it go and focus on the music yo... feel it in your bones. :wink:

Source : Rumore

Thanks to Pierluigi of U2 Backstage for the following from an interview with Limp Bizkit’s Fred Dust (published on Italian "Rumore" music mag):

[Talking about the new record]

"...In the future I would like to work with U2’s Bono. We wrote a tracktitled "All Fight Back" and I believe it is very good..."

:wink:

Last edited:
From Durst... even Bono seeks out Durst for advice...

"Bono [U2] did his vocals this morning from France over the Internet, and it sounds unf--king believable!!," raved Durst in an online diary entry. "The man is a living legend. He has really tapped into the pulse of the world. It's crazy for me to get calls at my home from 'Bono from U2.' It's like, 'Hello,' 'Hello Fred, It's Bono.' (Holy sh-t.) 'Hey Bono, did you like the track?'.'It's so real, I hope you like what I did in the bridge' (He hopes I like what he did?) 'I'm sure it's off the hook...' (He then plays me his vocals over the phone) 'Oh my God Bono, it's absolutely perfect,' and that it was!! I can't believe how good the man is."

Flying FuManchu said:
From Durst... even Bono seeks out Durst for advice...

was that in the national enquirer or access hollywood?

also, I've got a bridge for sale.......

Flying FuManchu said:

When you mention Limp Bizkit's contribution to music, you're focusing on the image too much... let it go and focus on the music yo... feel it in your bones. :wink:

if I focused on the music I'd probably feel it in my lower intestine down to my colon.:barf:

This thread got funny as hell all of a sudden. I don't like LB either but that doesn't mean we should close this thread! Cos that would mean we don't tolerate other people's tastes. :scratch:

when your best material is an out of tune george michael cover, you're in trouble.

but i digress... let us analyze the lyrical genious of the red hated one, mr. fred durst.

I came into this world as a reject
Look into these eyes
Then you'll see the size of these flames
Dwellin on the past
Its burnin' up my brain
Everyone that burns has to learn from the pain
Hey I think about the day
My girlie ran away with my pay
When fellas come to play
No she stuck with my homeez that she fucked
And I'm just a sucker with a lump in my throat
Hey, like a chump
Should I be feelin' bad? No
Should I be feelin good? No
Its kinda sad I'm the laughin' stock of the neighborhood
You would think that I'd be movin' on
But I'm a sucker like I said
Fucked up in the head, not!!
Maybe she just made a mistake
I should give her a break
My heart will ache either way
Hey, what the hell
Watcha want me to say
I wont lie that I cant deny

I did it all for the nookie
C'mon
The nookie
C'mon
So you can take that cookie
And stick it up your, yeah!!
Stick it up your, yeah!!
Stick it up your, yeah!!

so as you can see, fred durst has a fetish involving sweets and rectums. and in this open and accepting world of ours, i don't think you should make fun of him for that.

thank you.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
I did it all for the nookie
C'mon
The nookie
C'mon
So you can take that cookie
And stick it up your, yeah!!
Stick it up your, yeah!!
Stick it up your, yeah!!

:lol: I always thought it was 'stick it up your A'.

Well... I'm not saying don't make fun of 'em. But closing the thread cos you don't like them is unfair to the original poster. That cover of Faith is just :yuck:

Zootlesque said:
Awww. :hug: You can mention New Kids on the Block if you like. ;)
goddamnit i only liked them back when they were cool. i was eight!! i don't like them anymore though. :mad:

i don't even own any solo albums :yuck: i don't listen to that poppy crap anymore

(okay, but i still do like the spice girls)

Back
Top Bottom