New LCD Soundsystem album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a copy of this on my iPod, but have managed to avoid listening to it, so I will buy it this week and remain pure upon first listen. Huzzah!

And not one mention of "Home". These morons need to stop waxing philosophical about Murphy's place in the world and write more about the fucking songs.

And not one mention of "Home". These morons need to stop waxing philosophical about Murphy's place in the world and write more about the fucking songs.

Yes, that review was almost unbearably pretentious. It seems clear that whoever wrote that piece had decided to heap praise upon the album before he or she ever even heard it.

I think that this is an instance where Pitchfork would benefit from offering two or three reviews of the same album, just for a bit of diversity of perspective. On highly-anticipated releases this might help offer a more balanced assessment.

You shouldn't expect much more from Ryan Dombal. He's the biggest douche on there.

WOAH.

that was pretty great. very long again, but i could very well have a new 2010 #1.

All I Want was absolutely amazing, easily the best song i've heard this year.

"I spent my whole life wanting to be cool... but I've come to realize that coolness doesn't exist the way I once assumed," said Murphy in a recent Guardian feature. This realization probably has something to do with his rising cultural cache. After all, Murphy has done what all other music fiends only dream about-- he's flipped the system and become the embodiment of coolness. This is a phenomenal coup. And he's quick to rationalize his current status to the New Yorker: "I understand that if someone's going to make me his idea of cool I can't control that."

what the fuck is this?

Are you talking the album, or did you just see them live, Cobbler? I can't remember when you said the show was.

EDIT: Never mind, I looked on the last page and say you said July or August.

I really wish pitchfork would grow some balls and allow comments on their articles

did anyone else notice the grammatical mistakes in the lyrics :reject:

one thing i hate about this forum... whilst i use correct grammar (minus caps) i never used to take much notice when others didn't. now though...

Or the fact that 95% of the P4K readership don't give a shit about Shuttlecock.

Why the fuck am I having a hard time finding this at Best Buy? I have to drive 12 miles to the nearest one that has it (for $7.99, I might add)??

This band isn't exactly obscure at this point.

Why the fuck am I having a hard time finding this at Best Buy? I have to drive 12 miles to the nearest one that has it (for $7.99, I might add)??

This band isn't exactly obscure at this point.

Maybe it's selling really well...I bought the last one on the rack (and it had its own slot) at my local Best Buy yesterday.

Best Buy seems to be removing some of their focus from music, at least that's the impression I get on the stores in Utah, as their music sections have reduced in size at every location I've been to.

some of the things i love about this album:

- the quiet/loud dynamics of Dance Yrself Clean
- "present company excepted" etc
- how much fun Drunk Girls is
- Murph's robotic voice on One Touch
- "to the back of the bus"
- every goddam second of All I Want, from the "Heroes"-homage guitar to that bittersweet chorus to the yearning in the final lines
- I Can Change
- that You Wanted a Hit is nine minutes long
- the dark overtones of YWAH!
- Home...

All I Want
You Wanted a Hit
Dance Yrself Clean
Home
I Can Change
One Touch
Drunk Girls
Pow Pow
Somebody's Calling Me

something like that.

So I bought it today. I was going to write a track-by-track first impressions but since everyone's heard it by now I can't be bothered. You Wanted a Hit is far and away my favourite on the album so far - especially since I came in without any expectations, since everyone seems to have been talking about All I Want instead. I think Pow Pow is the best example of train-of-thought lyrics from Murphy since Losing My Edge. Home kind of bored me, to be honest - I'm going to relisten the hell out of it because I don't want it to bore me. Drunk Girls has improved since I first heard it a couple months ago or so.

Oh for real, because where I've been looking around, All I Want and Home have been the favourites. In any case, none of it bothers me. It's a great album, that's all that matters.

mmhhmmm :yes:

i find myself agreeing entirely with the following:

And in related news, I absolutely fucking love this album. "Somebody's Calling Me" is the only track yet to click with me. So while there isn't anything as perfect as "All My Friends," it just might be a better album top to bottom than Sound of Silver.

That "Heroes" guitar in "All I Want" just absolutely murders me. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom