New LCD Soundsystem album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, I'm coming around to "Drunk Girls." Much like in my personal life.

I've watched it at least four times today. The best. The best, Jerry.

And in related news, I absolutely fucking love this album. "Somebody's Calling Me" is the only track yet to click with me. So while there isn't anything as perfect as "All My Friends," it just might be a better album top to bottom than Sound of Silver.

That "Heroes" guitar in "All I Want" just absolutely murders me. Love it.

1. That dog-suit guy featured prominently btw 0:50-0:55 looks disturbingly like Michael Jackson, which kind of says a lot about how disturbing Michael Jackson himself looked.

2. This isn't as logistically impressive as the OK Go video, but I like it better because of the anarchic nature of it.

3. It should be mentioned that this is a rip-off/descendant of Shuttlecock's Cocknumb video, even if it's a great one.

4. In a surprising turn of events, I think Home is my new favorite song on the album.

"Dance Yrself Clean" is fantastic, absolutely frenetic in an overwhelmingly positive way.

And, by the way, that is the track that I heard in London all those days ago - just so that you folks don't think that I am ignorant of LCD. :wink:

Oh wow, that video is amazing. Really great stuff. I wasn't expecting it to be that entertaining when I clicked on it.

The funniest parts are the two times Murphy just gets fucking tackled out of nowhere.

And I don't know if you guys have ever been sprayed in the face with a fire extinguisher but, trust me, that shit is not pleasant. Whoever that guy is, he's a trooper.

And I don't know if you guys have ever been sprayed in the face with a fire extinguisher but, trust me, that shit is not pleasant.

Things get a little out of hand at Comiskey Park?

a_attack_i.jpg

It was actually my dumbass roommate freshman year. We were drunk late one night at the dorms and stole some fire extinguishers to play a prank on some assholes we didn't like, and I ended up getting sprayed in the eye.

Anyway, that's the coolest music video I've seen in a long time. Easily the best I've seen this year, at least.

Well, I personally think that's over the top. But you absolutely love Hot Chip, so it's a little more in your price range considering they're both there. To me, $85 is a bit much unless A. I completely adore the bands(s) and B. it's not a very common opportunity to see them. Think Radiohead. But considering the facts that Hot Chip are your boys and this is possibly the final LCD album/tour, maybe it's not bad.

Also keep in mind that I have no clue what an Australian dollar shakes out to.

Ah, right. yes, i am a bit of a Hot Chip fanboy, and i've managed to jump on the LCD bandwagon, albeit late. i wonder how much would be too much to see Radiohead for me...

i think at moment it's buying about 92 US cents, so not much difference.

Pitchfork gives it a 9.2 - which is perhaps the most predictable rating of the year thus far. James Murphy may overtake Animal Collective in their pantheon in the near future.

In 2010, early aughts trendsetters like the Interpol and the Strokes are NYC relics, outpaced by a gang of stridently preppy, chart-topping Columbia grads and a 40-year-old Brian Eno obsessive.

They even managed to throw a reference to The National into the LCD review. Fun times at The FORK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom