New Interpol Leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
i obviously can't give a link, but you can find it over at Atease forums, or last fm Interpol page.

it's good. and for the download haters, just for the record, i plan on buying this also, so shut up. ;)

oh man. I am tempted.

but I just bought tons of music and I'm afraid if I download it I'll be too lazy to actually buy it.

still, good to know :up:

Never listened to them much, and the last thing I need to do is get hooked on more music at the moment because it'll end up with me buying the whole back catalog, luckily all the bands I've been checking out lately have just released their sophomore albums, so it's exciting to be listening kind of early but you can already check out more than one album and see a progression.

I'll check this out anyway, maybe they'll change my mind.

Just tell me one thing, which will likely decide whether or not I download.

How different/similar is it from their last two albums?

I didn't care much for TOTBL (I LOOOOVE Untitled though) so I probably won't bother with this one. The first single doesn't seem that impressive either. :shrug:

I loved Turn on the Bright Lights, but I wasn't too keen on the last album. I hope this one delivers :up:

OK, I caved. Listened.

Let's just say this band is going noooowhere at light speed. This is easily their worst album yet. It's like their X&Y minus the misplaced ambition. There's no ambition here at all. Just the same old riffs and a ton of shitty lyrics. How could you forsake me like this Interpol? How? Why? You showed so much promise once upon a time. Turns out you were just a one-trick pony. A pony somebody smacked in the face with a shovel and made retarded.

Bleck. I'll give this album one more fair chance another day. But there's no fucking way I'm buying this. You know what? Horray for illegal downloads. It keeps me from blinding purchasing crap albums.

What else is there to say right now? I'm crushed. I mean it's not an abysmal album. But they're capable of soooo much more. Antics crushes this. And I'm afraid now that they will NEVER reach let alone surpass the heights they set with TOTBL, an album I still listen to fairly regularly.

Fuck you Interpol. Thanks for the mediocrity. Assclowns. :madspit:

Kind of harsh for a first listen, don't you think, Lance? :wink:

I'm going to have a listen myself now. If it really does suck that badly, I may edit this post at a later time. :sexywink:

Lancemc said:
You know what? Horray for illegal downloads. It keeps me from blinding purchasing crap albums.

Yes. Antics was bad enough, though, in my opinion, to justify my spurning of the band in question for the rest of its existence.

I actually think the new album is fresh and exciting. especially the song "Mammoth":drool:

The album is stunning , but especially Scale, Mammoth and Rest My Chemistry (with the explicit reminiscence of Where Is My Mind) are astonishing. Along with '' The Boxer '' the best album of the year so far.

I liked both Turn On the Bright Lights and Antics. I'll buy this one, too. I don't care if it's another album in the same vein - why wouldn't I, when I liked both the previous ones?

A little harsh, yes. But deservedly so. I'm incredibly disappointed. I expected so much more. Maybe it will grow. Probably not, I haven't listened to an album in a while where I outright disliked it. There are a small handful of really good track on here, but the rest is just dreck. And the problem isn't only that it sound like Antics. It sounds like Antics, without the quality songwriting (and they were never even that great in that department to begin with).

:grumpy:

:hug: If it makes you feel any better, Lance, I gave TOTBL another listen, and I like it quite a bit now. :drool:

:heart: interpol :heart:

for once, i am staying away from a leak until the album comes out.

to be honest, i outright disliked antics when it first came out. months later, i gave it another listen and absolutely fell in love with pretty much every song on there. it's probably one of my top ten favourite cd's now.

i've heard scale ( :up: ), all fired up ( :up: ) and rest my chemistry (meh). in addition to the heinrich maneuver, i've also heard pioneer to the falls and mammoth (both excellent) at their live shows.

i'm saving myself for the rest.

i think Mammoth may be one of, if not the best song this band has ever written.

My Mac bit the dust this weekend and I'm working on getting it fixed, so alas, I haven't been able to listen to this yet. I hope to soon.

And I think I must be in the minority when I say I like Antics more than TOTBL, although both are awesome.

mikal said:
i think Mammoth may be one of, if not the best song this band has ever written.

are you ever on the money on this one or what.

mammoth kicks tremendous amounts of ass.

LemonMelon said:
I didn't care much for TOTBL (I LOOOOVE Untitled though) so I probably won't bother with this one. The first single doesn't seem that impressive either. :shrug:
The Antics singles sucked too. They tend to select the catchier upbeat songs as singles. Untitled would have never been a a single. Here's Pioneer to the Falls live; really great sound for a bootleg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKah42D5vWw

Lancemc said:
OK, I caved. Listened.

Let's just say this band is going noooowhere at light speed. This is easily their worst album yet. It's like their X&Y minus the misplaced ambition. There's no ambition here at all. Just the same old riffs and a ton of shitty lyrics. How could you forsake me like this Interpol? How? Why? You showed so much promise once upon a time. Turns out you were just a one-trick pony. A pony somebody smacked in the face with a shovel and made retarded.

Bleck. I'll give this album one more fair chance another day. But there's no fucking way I'm buying this. You know what? Horray for illegal downloads. It keeps me from blinding purchasing crap albums.

What else is there to say right now? I'm crushed. I mean it's not an abysmal album. But they're capable of soooo much more.
Your reaction would be better directed toward U2, which have had a far greater decline given their promise just for mainstream mega stardom. Not that I don't still have faith in U2, but they've lost their soul this decade. You can't react like that to Interpol and not give U2 a proportionate degree of criticism.

Last edited:
lmjhitman said:
:heart: interpol :heart:

for once, i am staying away from a leak until the album comes out.

to be honest, i outright disliked antics when it first came out. months later, i gave it another listen and absolutely fell in love with pretty much every song on there. it's probably one of my top ten favourite cd's now.

i've heard scale ( :up: ), all fired up ( :up: ) and rest my chemistry (meh). in addition to the heinrich maneuver, i've also heard pioneer to the falls and mammoth (both excellent) at their live shows.

i'm saving myself for the rest.
I'm avoiding the download and waiting too. Speaking of Antics, did you hear the redone version of Song Seven during the Antics session you were able to download with the Open Disc software? Just amazing! Beats everything on Antics and most of everything else they've done; it's that good.

Muldfeld said:

I'm avoiding the download and waiting too. Speaking of Antics, did you hear the redone version of Song Seven during the Antics session you were able to download with the Open Disc software? Just amazing! Beats everything on Antics and most of everything else they've done; it's that good.
Speaking of this, could you tell me what sort of stuff was available to download using the Opendisc thing? I'm curious because I didn't buy my copy of Antics until last year and I'm sure all the downloads are gone by now. And my computer doesn't seem to be compatible with the Opendisc program anyway.

greenlight7-11 said:

Speaking of this, could you tell me what sort of stuff was available to download using the Opendisc thing? I'm curious because I didn't buy my copy of Antics until last year and I'm sure all the downloads are gone by now. And my computer doesn't seem to be compatible with the Opendisc program anyway.

You're in luck; if you are gonna buy Antics get the newer version because every time I put the disc into my computer, it wastes time providing a link to a website which no longer works with Interpol. All there was to download was Song Seven. You could also watch fan-submitted videos with an instrumental version of "Not Even Jail", which sounded great, but was not downloadable. Pretty lame and aggravating because the CD cost extra (at least $4 in Canada) because of the stupid software.

Anyway, for anyone not wanting to violate anything, here's a streaming album version of "Pioneer to the Falls" on Pitchforkmedia:

http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/43747-interpol-pioneer-to-the-falls-stream

this is much better than antics

its the same interpol style and sound that we've gotten on their past albums, but the songs are just flat out better than they were on antics

I'd give it 8/10

Back
Top Bottom