New Frames album: February 2005?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazon.com has "Burn the Maps" scheduled for February 7 release :hyper: . The Frames website www.theframes.ie seems to indicate that it is available now, and that you can listen to it on their website though I couldn't. :shrug:

Did I not see this thread?!?!? How did I miss it? I ordered "Burn the Maps" from a shop in Dublin when it first came out. REALLY good. They are going to be touring the US in end of February/March. SOOO EXCITED!!! :D

*edited - I was so excited, I jumped the gun on submitting..so, about the album....very good. Has great songs on it like "fake" (which most ppl who like them have probably heard b/c they played it a lot live) and "finally." They are sooo amazing live - I"m going to as many shows as humanly possible when they tour here. It's already on my calendar. :) The dates aren't totally confirmed yet (pending venues), but www.frames.ie has info in the 'news' section on tentative dates.

Last edited:
Boo, they're not coming near me. :mad:

So "Burn the Maps" is a live record?

yeah, burn the maps is only available in Ireland. there is an online store you can order from but it's expensive. I'm going to wait for the stateside release. I've seen them twice in SoCal. once at a record instore performance in Long Beach, and the other time, at the Wiltern in LA, opening for Damien Rice. They are one of my favorite bands. Glen hansard is just amazingly talented.

I saw them open for Damien Rice in Seattle when I happened to be there. They're road trip worthy.

paxetaurora said:
They're coming to both NYC and Philly in the late winter/early spring.

:hmm:

Pax You should go. After my near death sickness last year when I am debating issues such as this now, I just choose to do the thing that will make me happy. I think you should apply that logic in this decision. Of course I have no idea where you live.......

Yep, you definitely should go, Pax. I'm going to both DC and Philly...you should go to Philly AND NYC. No clue what Philly venue it'll be, but I"m hoping for North Star Bar. Anything will be wonderful though...

yep! As long as the dates don't change or anything since it's not totally confirmed...a gathering should be in order... :) I'll be there anyway!

from the site...no news on a dc venue, but philly - NORTH STAR BAR!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: eeeeek!!!

"These dates are yet to be confirmed but will give you a rough idea
of where the lads will be during the north america tour.

26 february 2005 :: north star bar, philadelphia, PA
special guest: mark geary
doors: 9:00 PM
tickets: tbc
info: www.northstarbar.com

27 february 2005 :: washington, DC

01 march 2005 :: bowery ballroom, new york, NY
special guest: mark geary
doors: 8:00 PM
tickets: tbc
info: www.boweryballroom.com"

Back