new Elvis Costello fan- what album to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevation2u

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
hello fellow cronies,
just wondering i recently got a hold of The Best of Elvis Costello and the Attractions and to my own surprise i am loving it inside out. there's too many good songs...peace, love and udnerstanding...oliver's army...man out of time... etc....the only song i cant stand is Allison :reject:....
well to get to my question knowing nothing about Costello except he has glasses...and came out in the 70s i think...what should be the first album of his that i buy?

thanks for your time,
much appreciated:up:

My hubby, the big Costello fan, said 'This Years Model' or 'Get Happy'. Any of the early ones actually, LOL. Love the early stuff. I don't know alot myself after 'Blood & Chocolate'. But I do know some songs from the last couple of years. My husband saw him in March, and said it was incredible (I couldn't go, but would have). After that he picked up the latest one, which has a few gems on it as well (Monkey To Man). He's awesome. There was a DVD that was released recently as well - I haven't had the time to watch it yet, with all the blue crack I've experienced and the U2 DVDs floating around (I'm still at least 2 behind, with more coming!)

:wink:

Why not start from the beginning with "My Aim Is True"? Of course, his newest album, "The Delivery Man," is great as well. I've bought so many Elvis Costello albums in the last four years and think all of them are great so really, whatever you go with, I don't think you'll be sorry.

Back
Top Bottom