New Concert DVDs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADecentMelody

War Child
Just picked up Keane's Strangers and Radiohead's Live at the Astoria.

Excellent Keane DVD. Radiohead's excellent too, but wish there could have been more! Still, hopefully this will be the beginning of more releases.

When are The Killers releasing a DVD?!? :drool:

is the Radiohead one out yet? I mean to buy it for myself for Christmas.

Muse have a new one coming out soon too, a recap of their Absolution tour, but it looks really, really disppointing to be honest.

I got the new U2 chicago gig with the bonus disc last week. I hope I win the dvd of U2 in San Fransisco back in 81' on eBay.

RA-D said:

Muse have a new one coming out soon too, a recap of their Absolution tour, but it looks really, really disppointing to be honest.

That's such a pity 'cos Muse are a great live band, they've won a heap of awards for their live performances.

Green Day's "Bullet In A Bible" came out last monday, it's quite good but I could understand if you thought it was a bit crap if you weren't at the shows.... a good day to remember though.

Anyone who hasn't got Bruce Springsteen DVD of his 1975 show at the Hammersmith Odeon (his debut in Europe) should get it... NOW!
(It's part of the Born To Run 30th Anniversary Edition)

And last week or so I also got The Work Of Director Anton Corbijn. :up: An excellent DVD with a compilation of his work, a documentary, commentary by the artist on some of the videos, bonus stuff and a many-page booklet with his photos and recollections of the various video shoots.
:drool:

I just bought 'Journey - Live In Houston 1981: The Escape Tour'. :up:

This concert footage has Steve Perry on vocals, Neal Schon on guitar, Jonathan Cain on keyboards, Ross Valory on bass and Steve Smith on drums.

This concert came out as part of a DVD/CD collection. It has a CD with interviews besides the DVD concert. Also there's a 16 pg. color booklet of past photos never before shown.

:bow: :bow:

RA-D said:

I can't believe they excluded Stockholm Syndrome from the main set. At least it's still on the DVD as a bonus feature (from a different show), but still. Come on, Blackout as the show closer? :der:

elevation2u said:

how old are you?
:huh:

i'm 20. obviously i've heard of keane, killers, green day, radiohead ect...

but Rush? Journey?

i can't be bothered to research them but something tells me 'cheesy 80's power ballads'.

:shrug:

1stepcloser said:

but Rush? Journey?

i can't be bothered to research them but something tells me 'cheesy 80's power ballads'.

You´re wrong mate :lol: Both are bands from the 70s :yes:
While I don´t like Journey (yes, they´re pretty cheesy IMO :down:) Rush is an AMAZING Progressive Canadian Trio :drool: Amazing songs structures, amazing musicians, amazing performances, etc

If you can, get Rush In Rio NOW :rockon:

I'd take Journey over Rush any friggin' day...

Hey 1stepcloser: it would be worth your while to research bands you hear of but don't know...cheesy or not...you can learn a lot...keane, killers, etc. are cool, but there is soooo much more from whence that came...don't be ignorant--educate yourself.

Last edited:
I'm waiting till Christmas for the Keane and U2 DVDs

Cant believe how patient I am this year...in the past I would have bought them as soon as they'd been released.

And I really want a Killers one.... :drool:

elevation2u said:
so I finally purchased the Born to Run 30th anniversary yada yada yada... and the live at LOndon dvd is soooooooo goood :drool:
I would recommend it to anyone!

:applaud:

Watched that concert DVD again last night. Amazing stuff. :bow:

1stepcloser said:

but Rush? Journey?

If your from the United Kingdom, it might not be just your age, but also the level of popularity that Rush and Journey had in the UK.

In order to go "Silver" in the United Kingdom, you have to sell 60,000 copies of an album. To go "Gold", 100,000 copies. One needs to sell 300,000 copies for the platinum award in the United Kingdom. Multi-Platinum awards are given after every 300,000 plus sales beyond the platinum level, example, triple platinum is the equilavent of 900,000 in sales.

Despite Journey's long career, none of their albums sold enough to even qualify for the "Silver" award which only requires sales of 60,000 units. So I'm not at all surprised when people from the UK scratch their heads and wonder who Journey is the same way few know who the Dave Matthews Band is in the UK.

Rush, on the other hand did achieve the Silver award for 11 different albums. But only two of their albums reached the Gold level and none of their albums ever went Platinum.

The two Rush albums that made it to the Gold level, 100,000 units sold, were Permanant Waves and Farwell To Kings. Moving Pictures, their best selling album in the United States only made it to Silver status, 60,000 units sold in the UK.

U2doggie said:
I'd take Journey over Rush any friggin' day...

Hey 1stepcloser: it would be worth your while to research bands you hear of but don't know...cheesy or not...you can learn a lot...keane, killers, etc. are cool, but there is soooo much more from whence that came...don't be ignorant--educate yourself.

I already know where most of todays bands get their influences and practically all of them owe a debt in some way or another to the Smiths, the Beatles and the Kinks.

i think STING2 is right though, it's probably just a case of Journey and Rush not getting a big audience over here.

Back
Top Bottom