New Coldplay - "Mylo Xyloto", Oct 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's 16 different images and they're all great sleeve ideas. I came up with the grid system as a solution and it has become associated with our band. I keep seeing it now in commercials and on internet sites." - Bono

What's so heinous about pointing out that the colors reminded them of something else?

No one said "zomg they stole U2's color scheme."

What's so heinous about pointing out that U2 themselves constantly do things that remind people who aren't U2 fanatics of things other bands did far before U2 did them?

No one ever said "zomg, U2 fans are saying zomg they stole U2's color scheme."

:wink:

"It's 16 different images and they're all great sleeve ideas. I came up with the grid system as a solution and it has become associated with our band. I keep seeing it now in commercials and on internet sites." - Bono

Please tell me you're making that up.

Oh, not at all. Bono actually thinks he invented grids. I've mentioned this a number of times, and I'm shocked that it hasn't been talked about more.

PhilsFan said:
Oh, not at all. Bono actually thinks he invented grids. I've mentioned this a number of times, and I'm shocked that it hasn't been talked about more.

I knew there was a good reason I've barely touched that book. That thing has collected dust from the second I was given it.

To sit beside Bono's titles of "Liar" and "Boob Looker", I hereby submit the title of "Grid Maker" for Peef Sutherland's approval.

What's so heinous about pointing out that the colors reminded them of something else?

No one said "zomg they stole U2's color scheme."

My post is not to be taken seriously either.

This is all for shits and giggles. The colours looked similar to me. That's all really. Coldplay will never be U2. I was just trying to feed into the humor some folks have around here about the new album being.....whatever.

I still say the colours look similar...

My post is not to be taken seriously either.

This is all for shits and giggles. The colours looked similar to me. That's all really. Coldplay will never be U2. I was just trying to feed into the humor some folks have around here about the new album being.....whatever.

I still say the colours look similar...

Same here. Nor was I trying to call you, or anyone else out. I've had fun since Rush of Blood here constantly trying to get under the skin of the "Zomg, they're copying U2!" type posters. You could say it's "my thing", though no one else knows or cares that it is. :wink:

It's just, to me, you came off kind of really serious about it, is all Mofo, and I was a bit taken aback. Just my two cents, you can leave them, of course.

Okay, I'm glad it wasn't just me. And then Impy's post right after it. I was filled with righteous indignation and junk.

It's just, to me, you came off kind of really serious about it, is all Mofo, and I was a bit taken aback. Just my two cents, you can leave them, of course.

Okay, I'm glad it wasn't just me. And then Impy's post right after it. I was filled with righteous indignation and junk.

Damn it, mofo, this is why smilies are important in your original posts. :angry:

I was trying to cause problems, but the problems I caused were amongst people who I assumed would think I was not serious.

Well I was serious at least. Sorry.

I was serious in wanting to bring some of the old-timey "Coldplay is copyin' U2!!!!!!!111!!!!!!11!!" people back out, as you know they're already lurking in the thread. I guess U2Kitten isn't here any more though, so they don't have a front-man to lead their crusade of insane ideas.

I knew there was a good reason I've barely touched that book. That thing has collected dust from the second I was given it.
I bought it when I was still a really huge U2 fan in the sense that they were far and away my number one band. At the time, I enjoyed it. I don't regret buying it.

That said, I would never buy it now.

Grid Maker sounds grander though. Like a sought after expert in a far off, magical land

To be fair....

*hangs head in shame*

Twice I've had Coldplay tickets in my hand to see them in Toronto.....and twice I've given tickets away.

I don't hate them. Not at all.

When I hear "The Scientist" I melt. There I said it.

CLOCKS just killed me though. The bells in that song and the fact it was played so much.....turned me into the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

And as a DJ....the dance remixes of this went on forever ever....

Fuck...I hear the start of that song as I type it. AHhhhhhhahhhhghhghghhh!

But I still don't hate them.

When this leaks, I will peep a copy.

I bought it when I was still a really huge U2 fan in the sense that they were far and away my number one band. At the time, I enjoyed it. I don't regret buying it.

That said, I would never buy it now.

I received it as a present when I was in the same boat, but the idea of reading through it now is as laughable.

Also, I need you to utilize your historian skills and find my alternate X&Y tracklisting.

Twice I've had Coldplay tickets in my hand to see them in Toronto.....and twice I've given tickets away.

You should check them out next time if you come across tickets again. My gf dragged me out last time they were in Toronto and I ended up really enjoying it.

I hear you, re: Clocks though. Fuck that song

Nevermind. Found it.

1. Square One
2. How You See The World No.2
3. Talk (Original Demo Version)
4. Til Kingdom Come
5. White Shadows
6. A Message
7. Sleeping Sun
8. Pour Me
9. Proof
10. Low
11. Twisted Logic
12. Gravity

This might be worth tinkering with a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom