New Coldplay - "Mylo Xyloto", Oct 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just this forum. It will always happen, especially the more Chris Martin mentions how much he is inspired by U2.

it seems on this forum no one can ever bring up Coldplay, a band that is NOT U2, without reverting to comparisons and jabs.

Look, we probably all agree, U2 are better than Coldplay and influenced them a lot.... now that that is out of the way, why not get back to discussing Coldplay here and U2 on every other section?

:|

My thoughts exactly. :reject: But Bono's lyric writing > Chris Martin's lyric writing, and I love Coldplay's music.

So it seems "Paradise" will be the second single, coming out on September 12th, in case no one has noticed yet.

Coldplay: News - New album, Mylo Xyloto, out on October 24

it seems on this forum no one can ever bring up Coldplay, a band that is NOT U2, without reverting to comparisons and jabs.

Look, we probably all agree, U2 are better than Coldplay and influenced them a lot.... now that that is out of the way, why not get back to discussing Coldplay here and U2 on every other section?

I alway felt more of an Echo & The Bunnymen vibe from them than a U2 one and in their more acoustic moments, R.E.M. circa 91/92 - musically speaking...

I'm liking "Major Minus" a bit more than I did when it was first released.

Still wouldn't mind if it didn't make the final tracklisting.

I don't know, I was kind of hoping that we could compare U2 to Radiohead next. :wink:

Anyway, I have really taken to Major Minus. It has a swagger to it that I have seldom heard from Coldplay, if at all.

That lead guitar line in Charlie Brown is catchy as hell.
This times 1000.
Also...is there a xylophone in this version? I know the main riff was doubled with piano or something in some of the recent live performances, but this sounds different than that.

Hell, maybe the Xylophone's the key to the stupid title. Maybe it's some baby talk language Apple made up:

Mylo Xyloto = My Xylo (phone)

mylo.png

Princess of China and Major Minus made the tracklisting! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
Also, can't wait to hear Paradise next week.
Shame about Moving To Mars, but I always kind of suspected it was going to be a B-side.

Reminds me of Simple Minds from about 1999-2002 heavy on the synths.. and was that a wee bit autotuny in there Chrissy..? It also has an ever so slight MOS vibe to it as well... Brian?

That back art is pure AB/Mysterious Ways/Fly... sans the typeface...which is just pure ice cream and free chocolate for those who think CP continue, five albums into their careers, to wear their U2 fanboy creds on their sleeves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom