New and Final Season of Six Feet Under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was the saddest episode ever! I cried.

I agree with Mr. BAW that there are many more surprises in store. I don't see it going out with a whimper.

The scenes for next week seem to affirm Deep's rumor about Claire going missing in the desert. There was a clip of Ruth saying something like, "I just want to know where my daughter is!"

Brenda was terrible to Maya but at least in the end she was able to admit that she couldn't handle it and drop her off with Ruth. It's better for Maya to be with her grandmother at a time like this. The scenes for next week also suggested that Brenda and Ruth will fight over custody of Maya.

I love this show and I don't want it to end!

Mr. BAW said:
I'm with Brenda about being hurt and cheated on but I'm also pissed at her for acting the way she is.

People respond to grief in surprising ways. I really felt for Brenda. It was so sad when Billy finally got there. She wasn't able to let go and grieve until someone she was deeply connected to was there for her. That broke my heart. :sad:

What was that whole thing about Keith and Roger about? It almost got buried in the Nate story. So Keith's been, um, servicing Roger as part of his employment or was that something that had happened in the past?

deep said:

it seems like many of us are not done with SFU
but SFU may be done with us

Yeah, I think they're ending this one too soon. Even though I was a let down by last season now I realize how much I'm going to miss it. :sad:

joyfulgirl said:
What was that whole thing about Keith and Roger about? It almost got buried in the Nate story. So Keith's been, um, servicing Roger as part of his employment or was that something that had happened in the past?

It happened last season...David was having some anger issues after he was carjacked and terrorized and he attacked Roger (who was then unknown to him) in a sushi bar. Roger filed a lawsuit and then offered to drop it if Keith would "service" him, which he did, while David waited downstairs. That is what led to Keith working for him, etc.

The issue never came up but I'm now assuming that Roger secretly videotaped the encounter and is using it for the purposes the actor mentioned last night.

Bono's American Wife said:

It happened last season...David was having some anger issues after he was carjacked and terrorized and he attacked Roger (who was then unknown to him) in a sushi bar. Roger filed a lawsuit and then offered to drop it if Keith would "service" him, which he did, while David waited downstairs. That is what led to Keith working for him, etc.

The issue never came up but I'm now assuming that Roger secretly videotaped the encounter and is using it for the purposes the actor mentioned last night.

that is correct

i guess keith was yelling at roger on the phone

when the boyz brought david his soup

it seems like the boyz and their two dads are doing pretty good

i hope they don't mess with this little sub plot.

Roger is a freak. I'm glad that Keith found out about the video because now he'll finally be out of that situation. Keith always had trouble with putting his job before his family and now that he has the boys he is realizing he can't do that anymore.

I don't want to spoil anything for the people who haven't seen the lastest episode but damn, how creepy was that Brenda/Billy scene? :yikes:

deep said:

is not there some history of that behavior in their past?
I think Billy had tried to kiss her in the past and she pushed him away but they were always unnaturally close. Part of me thinks that it turning out to be a dream is a bit of a cop-out but I guess we don't really want to see that for real.

What the hell was that animal that was chasing Claire at Nate's gravesite? A wild dog? A fox? A coyote? Or was it all in her mind?

Next week is a 75 minute finale.

I got to thinking about that animal. Nate seemed to be more afraid of it than Claire. Hopefully the animal doesn't like to dig... :ohmy:

I have to say that overall I was a little disappointed with the latest episode. It didn't seem to flow well (where in the hell did the scene between Maggie and George come from??) and David just flat out annoyed me the entire episode.

David needs serious help. Hell, the whole family does! Luckily Keith is starting to realize how serious his condition is.

Diemen said:
David just flat out annoyed me the entire episode.

David didn't annoy me at all. I thought he seemed to be going through the normal stages of grief. I could kind've relate to him, actually. It was Claire who was making me crazy! But they're all just such a mess, it's heartbreaking.

The Brenda/Billy thing was creepy and I agree with you, Calluna. At first I was thinking wow, it's finally going to happen, and then I realized it would turn out to be a dream (before it actually did) and it annoyed me--I thought it was a cop out, too.

I don't remember anything about a dog. :huh: I must space out a lot during TV shows because there's always something I seem to miss.

I don't remember anything about a dog. I must space out a lot during TV shows because there's always something I seem to miss.
You should try to watch that scene again sometime this week. When she was talking to Nate's ghost at the gravesite, there were snarling noises out in the darkness. Nate told her to run and something shadowy chased her but it was so fast that it was nearly impossible to tell what sort of animal it was. Maybe it was something supernatural, I don't know. Nate told her to run and he ran off and Claire followed.

I liked how Nate told Brenda and Claire two seperate things about the afterlife. It supports the point joyfulgirl has made in the past that it isn't supposed to literally be Nate's ghost appearing before them but more of a projection of the person's own thoughts. Although maybe it really was Nate's ghost at the gravesite with Claire, hard to say. Certainly in the scene with Brenda in the elevator, she was projecting her own idea of the existence of an afterlife on to him.

Hey guys, just a reminder that the 75 minute series finale is this Sunday. I'm anticipating it and dreading it at the same time.

deep said:

i heard her interviewed on npr

and she said the last episode was in the mojave desert

perhaps they will all white screen out
like the ending of a godfather movie.

well,

i guess we got some closure

they did all white screen out

Alan Ball is done with this.

It was good while it lasted.

I'm not sure that's how I wanted it to end, but then again I've never seen a show end in a way that's satisfying to me. I've never found a show finale satisfying.

But that being said it was good, I even teared up at times.

One of the best shows ever aired on TV.

RIP Six Feet Under

BonoVoxSupastar said:

RIP Six Feet Under

I need to see this episode again but I'll have to wait till tomorrow. It's still sinking in. I can't believe that was really the last new episode I'll ever see.

I liked that David and Keith ended up with the house and the funeral business. I wanted it to stay in the family. It is such a cool old house and I love the way they redid the interior design.

I'm glad that Brenda and Ruth bonded over the new baby.

I can't believe Claire ends up marrying the republican boy. I hope he changed his politics and taste in music by then.

That is all for now...

It goes without saying that it was the best show of all; combined with what's going on in my person life, I admit that I was a bundle of tears at the end.....:sad:

Bravo for the entire Fisher/Diaz clan.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I'm not sure that's how I wanted it to end, but then again I've never seen a show end in a way that's satisfying to me. I've never found a show finale satisfying.

But that being said it was good, I even teared up at times.

RIP Six Feet Under

Exactly how I feel.

Now I'm wondering if I'll cancel HBO. I always said it was only because of Six Feet Under that I had it. That's been one expensive TV show!

I thought about that too. I don't think I have the will to cancel it.

I'm not sure about this new Rome series that is coming up next week. I'll watch the first few episodes and see what I think. It sure as hell won't be a replacement for SFU though.

:sad:

From HBO.com

Ruth O'Connor Fisher

Ruth Fisher was born in Pasadena in 1946 and died at Good Samaritan Hospital of Glendale on Wednesday. She graduated from Pasadena High School in 1963 and stayed home to raise three children before opening the Four Paws Pet Retreat in Topanga Canyon twenty years ago.

She is survived by her loving companion George Sibley, her sister Sarah O'Connor, her son David Fisher of Los Angeles and her daughter Claire Fisher of New York City. Ruth will also be missed by her four cherished grandchildren - Maya Fisher, Willa Chenowith, and Anthony and Durrell Charles-Fisher.

Viewing will be held on Saturday, March 15th at 2 p.m. at Fisher & Sons Funeral Home at 2302 W. 25th Street in Los Angeles. Private burial to follow.
Keith Dwayne Charles

Keith Charles, founder of Charles Security Company, was born in 1968 in San Diego. He died suddenly at work on Tuesday morning.

Keith attended West Point Military Academy, graduating with a degree in Criminology in 1989. He served the city of Los Angeles as a member of the LAPD for nine years before joining the security industry. He leaves behind his devoted husband David Fisher and loving sons Durrell and Anthony Charles-Fisher, his grandson Matthew, his sister Karla Charles and his niece Taylor Benoit of Carlsbad. Keith is pre-deceased by his parents Roderick and Lucille Charles of San Diego. Memorial service will be held on Sunday, February 18th at 2 p.m. at Fisher & Sons Funeral Home at 2302 W. 25th Street in Los Angeles.
David James Fisher

Born January 20, 1969. Died at the age of 75 in Echo Park. He was proud owner and operator of Fisher & Sons Funeral Home of Los Angeles for over forty years. After retiring in 2034, he went on to perform in dozens of local theater productions, including Weill and Brecht's "Threepenny Opera," Rossini's "The Barber of Seville," and as Ebenezer Scrooge in Dickens' "A Christmas Carol." David leaves behind his partner Raoul Martinez, his beloved sons Durrell and Anthony Charles-Fisher, his sister Claire Fisher and his three precious grandchildren Matthew, Keith, and Katie. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Southern California Opera Association
Hector Federico Diaz

Died at the age of 75 while vacationing with his wife in Puerto Rico. Federico graduated from Cyprus College in 1997 with a degree in Mortuary Science. He worked as a restorative artist for several years before becoming part owner of Fisher & Diaz Funeral Home on 25th Street. In 2005, Federico opened the Diaz Family Mortuary on DeLongpre Avenue in Hollywood, where he served the community for 35 years before retiring.

Pre-deceased by his parents Mauricio and Lilia Diaz of Los Angeles. He was married to his beloved wife Vanessa for 54 years and leaves behind his cherished sons Julio and Augusto and his three grandchildren: Emily, Celestina and Vincent.

Memorial service will be held at Diaz Family Mortuary on Saturday, February 16th at 11:00 a.m. Funeral mass will be held at 9:30 a.m. the following day at St. Paul's Catholic Church in Atwater Village.
Brenda Chenowith

Brenda Chenowith was born July 19, 1969 and died at the age of 82 at home. She earned her Masters Degree in Social Work at California State University of Los Angeles and a PhD in Theories of Human Behavior at University of Southern California.

Brenda wrote several books about the role of the gifted child in family development. She is considered to be one of the most distinguished scholars in that field of study, adding several courses to the Social Work curriculum at USC. She developed research methodologies to conclusively prove the link between deviant human behavior and fetal alcohol exposure. As a child, Brenda was the subject of the book "Charlotte Light and Dark" by Gareth Feinberg, PhD.

Brenda will be dearly missed by her beloved children Maya Fisher, Willa Chenowith, and Forrest Nathanson, her loving husband Daniel Nathanson, and her brother William Chenowith of Malibu. Private services will be held Wednesday March 9th at Deep Creek Nature Preserve. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of your choice.
Claire Simone Fisher
1983 - 2085

Born March 13, 1983. Died February 11, 2085 in Manhattan. Claire grew up in Los Angeles and studied art at LAC-Arts College. She worked as an advertising and fashion photographer and photojournalist for nearly fifty years, creating several memorable covers for Washington Post magazine, W, and The Face. Claire often exhibited her work in New York and London art galleries and in a time when nearly everyone else in her field had turned to digital scanning and computer-driven imaging, she continued to use a silver-based photographic process. Claire began teaching photography as a faculty member at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in 2018, earning tenure in 2028. She's pre-deceased by her beloved husband Ted Fairwell.

Back
Top Bottom