New and Final Season of Six Feet Under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Calluna said:
I loved it too. It was a very sad episode. I felt so sorry for Brenda and I even felt sympathy for George and his situation.

Joyfulgirl, I was wondering what you thought about the parts with Lisa, the wedding footage and the ghost sequence. Do you still feel like it doesn't ring true with her character or does it seem a little bit more plausible now? I mean, some people have secrets and it's only when you look back on it later that it all seems perfectly obvious.

The wedding footage was really well-done and I felt for Nate. You're right, of course, people can have secrets and in hindsight it can all make sense. But I still think there should have been more character development last season. It's like they didn't know how to get rid of Lisa so they concocted a crazy story. If the ending had been planned all along I feel like we would have seen something off in Lisa, something that just didn't quite add up, so that when we found out the truth we could go, "Ahhhh, now I get it" instead of "wtf? where did that come from?" you know? But it's really good that they included that wedding footage. The ghost bit I thought was just an aspect of Brenda, how Brenda really feels about herself projected onto Lisa, not actually some other side of Lisa that we were just seeing for the first time. But anyway, all is forgiven from last season because last night was excellent. :)

Interesting how both Claire and her mom are with schizo men. Ruth's pain is almost too much for me. :sad:

But I still think there should have been more character development last season. It's like they didn't know how to get rid of Lisa so they concocted a crazy story. If the ending had been planned all along I feel like we would have seen something off in Lisa, something that just didn't quite add up, so that when we found out the truth we could go, "Ahhhh, now I get it" instead of "wtf? where did that come from?" you know?

I see what you mean. It's like with George. I always felt that there was something off about him from the very beginning so when he went insane later on in the season it seemed more plausible.

The ghost bit I thought was just an aspect of Brenda, how Brenda really feels about herself projected onto Lisa, not actually some other side of Lisa that we were just seeing for the first time.
Yeah, I think you're right about that.

interesting how both Claire and her mom are with schizo men. .
Yes, Ruth and Claire are more alike then they realize in a lot of ways.

deep said:
So did Claire take a year off from college to be a surrogate?

No but a surrogate is being sought so perhaps that storyline is coming.

She's lost a lot of weight, though.

Calluna said:

I see what you mean. It's like with George. I always felt that there was something off about him from the very beginning so when he went insane later on in the season it seemed more plausible.

Exactly! Perfect example.

Calluna said:

Yeah, I noticed that too! She's still gorgeous but I think I prefered her when she wasn't quite so thin.

Me, too. She was so real--depressed, angry, a little extra weight, just like you're supposed to be at that age, lol. Maybe since it's the last season she's slimmed down for a film career.

joyfulgirl said:

No but a surrogate is being sought so perhaps that storyline is coming.

She's lost a lot of weight, though.

in the previews for next week

david asks claire for an egg so the baby will be "part him", too.

Well, I guess Claire doesn't want to donate her eggs to David and Keith. Can't say I blame her.

And Billy has stopped taking his medication again...

Can we talk about this yet?? :crack:

My sister and I sat there and after a few seconds she said "WHAT?!?!" I guess this is for real this time. It has to be b/c of the previews for next week.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Can we talk about this yet?? :crack:

My sister and I sat there and after a few seconds she said "WHAT?!?!" I guess this is for real this time. It has to be b/c of the previews for next week.

I know, I'm dying to talk about this!

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't seen the episode, don't read any further!

I heard some on-line gossip at the beginning of the season saying that a major character would be leaving in a very shocking way, but I assumed it would be Claire, at the hands of Billy. After last weeks episode, I thought Nate would end up alive but disabled, leaving Brenda to take care of him. I thought the storyline would take some ironic turn considering Nate's attitude about not wanting the baby if it had problems. What actually happened was a total shocker. As soon as he started walking toward the waves, I knew it was over :(

I was so ready for Nate and Brenda to split up. They're just not compatible and I was sick of the dysfunction. But then when something else came down, I was more annoyed than anything else. More and more this show is like a Lars Von Trier movie--just find the characters' weak points and then just beat them to a bloody pulp, lol. So at the ending last night I just yelled at the TV, "OH, WHATEVER!" But of course I'll plan next Sunday evening around it again for the next round of torture. :|

I just need to bitch and moan for a moment and this seems like the place to do it, so here goes...

I have been tryiing so hard to avoid spoilers for this season of Six Feet Under. (I live in the UK so won't see it for a while.) So after several weeks of successfully avoiding spoilers, today I visited one of my favourite MP3 blogs, only to find that the wanker who runs it has not only posted the precise details of the plot, but has also posted a picture with the caption "RIP Nate Fisher Jr" thus ensuring that it is impossible to avoid finding out what happens in the episode.

So yes, I am unhappy. Although I shall try to find it in my heart to forgive the above blogger since s/he does post some astonishingly cool MP3s.

:banghead:

FizzingWhizbees, that sucks. But don't worry, the season is still well worth seeing.

*continued discussion of this season ahead*

I keep thinking of poor little Maya. She has lost both her mother and her father now. Brenda had become like a mother to her but now that Nate told her he wanted to break up with her, how will she feel about keeping Maya as her daughter, especially when she has her own child on the way?

David and Keith could have taken her but now they have their hands full with the two foster boys. So will Ruth take her? I just don't know.

Calluna said:

I keep thinking of poor little Maya. She has lost both her mother and her father now. Brenda had become like a mother to her but now that Nate told her he wanted to break up with her, how will she feel about keeping Maya as her daughter, especially when she has her own child on the way?

David and Keith could have taken her but now they have their hands full with the two foster boys. So will Ruth take her? I just don't know.

I see a possible custody battle between Brenda and Lisa's sister. We still don't know if Nate was really her biological father so that might factor into who gets her.

I have always found a lot of same traits as Claire, being a little overweight. When the new season started and I saw her, I was really disappointed. Another female actress succumbing to the pressure of Hollywood's standard of beauty.

I knew Nate was going to die when he was first diagnosed with ABM. Call me psychic, but I knew when HBO announced they canceled SFU and this was going to be the last season. I just knew they had to kill Nate. Sad but moving.

This last show didn't make me cry, but the previews for the next show did.
Poor Brenda, we know they didn't match but they did love each other. She wanted to work through the affair, and now knowing that he didn't love her when he died....well...heartbreaking!
I wonder what will happen to Maya too. Who is Maya's Godmother?

xtal said:
I wonder what will happen to Maya too. Who is Maya's Godmother?
That's a good question. I don't know.

I think there are only like three episodes left. Should be interesting to see how they wrap it all up.

Bono's American Wife said:

but I assumed it would be Claire, at the hands of Billy :(

i heard her interviewed on npr

and she said the last episode was in the mojave desert

i thought billy would bury her alive (six feet under) as the rest of the family frantically searched for her

perhaps they will all white screen out
like the ending of a godfather movie.

The Mojave desert..... :hmm:

That would make sense because the ad that I posted in the beginning of this thread looked like Claire was out in the desert with the green funeral mobile.

main_img_posterart2005.jpg

deep said:
perhaps they will all white screen out
like the ending of a godfather movie.

green funeral
interesting
it was sad

two episodes left
it may go out with a wimper

it seems like many of us are not done with
SFU
but SFU may be done with us

I was really apprehensive about seeing tonight's episode...there are many more surprises in store...I'm with Brenda about being hurt and cheated on but I'm also pissed at her for acting the way she is...someone bitch-slap that mother of her's..........:thwack: OK, I feel better.

Back
Top Bottom