neutral milk hotel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mug222

War Child
Any fans? I just bought "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" (yes I am about 4 years behind in my music selection) and I am utterly blown away. I am quite literally speechless. This is perhaps the most beautiful I've ever heard...I don't know how to describe it to do it justice, so I won't try...But I want to know if anyone else knows/likes/fucking adores neutral milk hotel and therefore knows what I am talking about...

I've got 'In the Aeroplane Over the Sea' and it is an excellent album. It took me a while to get into but now I listen to it quite often. I haven't heard their first album, or what they've been up to lately. But I like what I've heard.

------------------
I'm the boy with the poetry power
I'm the boy who smells like flowers
Everytime I make a rhyme
I live my life like I wasn't invited

Even though I know no one else will reply I'm just bringing this back up to the top because this album just continues to blow my mind...it is so incredible I can hardly believe it. PLEASE buy this album and thank me profusely later.

p.s. thanks for the reply candyfloss...from what I've read we seem to share a similar good taste
wink.gif

oh man. now i'm glad i decided to download the album.. thanks!

Originally posted by SkeeK:
oh man. now i'm glad i decided to download the album.. thanks!

Quite welcome.

In order to inflate my ego I've decided to reply to my own thread...But I have a new subject:

"New Slang" by The Shins perhaps the best song of 2001 (and this is before McDonald's stole it to advertise their quarterpounders).

Discuss.

(Yes, I'm aware that I'm talking to myself. Just leave me be.)

Has anyone downloaded Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (in stores in April after a length record company dispute)? It's freakin' gorgeous, filled with Flaming Lip influence and old Farrar remnants and it's just gorgeous. This is the type of album I want from U2 (though it'll never happen).

(This has been another entry in Mug's Solipsistic Journal!)

Yes! In fact I think that Yankee Hotel Foxtrot may be the best album in the last ten years, certainly the best since OK Computer. I can't wait for the real thing to come out. I'm gonna buy like a dozen copies and just hand them out to some of my friends. I don't know of any band other than Wilco who could create something like it.
In fact, I'm going to see Wilco in a few weeks in Boulder, if anyone else gets a chance you gotta see them live. They put on an amazing show.

------------------
Mess with any of my hoes and I'll cut you.
I likes the jewelery.
I got's to impress the bitches.
Got's to carry lots of cash to bail out the hoes.
- Pimbot 5000

[This message has been edited by candyfloss (edited 02-26-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom