Netscape 6.2 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2loopy

War Child
I wonder if anyone can help me with this.

I am trying to figure out how I can get rid of the "History" of all the pages viewed. Not for any other purpose except for the fact that since I've had my computer it has every single page recorded. (You can imagine how many Interference pages it has). Anyway, I go into Tasks...then into Tools...then onto History. It takes FOR-E-V-E-R to list every single page I've ever looked at. So then I Select All and I go to either Delete or Cut and nothing happens...Nada....zilch.

It is showing History from like 2 years of pages and it is slowing up my browser. I remember doing it all the time with the older version of Netscape. I've even emailed Netscape support twice and nothing.

Has anyone else using Netscape had this problem and were they able to fix it? Should I just admit it that Netscape is a Super sucky Browser?????

:der:

Last edited:
My advice as a somewhat knowlegable computer person: Uninstall it and get something else, almost anything is better than netscape.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
My advice as a somewhat knowlegable computer person: Uninstall it and get something else, almost anything is better than netscape.

Yes, and their latest versions are so buggy. I'm a student computer tech at the college I go to, and we won't install higher versions of Netscape on people's machines because there are too many problems (I wish we didn't install Netscape at all, but.........I don't get to make those choices!). I just installed 4.79 for some people today, and that one seems to work not so bad.

Edit --> Preferences

Pull down "Navigator" w/ the arrow. Hit "History." Hit the "Clear History" button. If you no longer want a history, change the days to zero.

Melon

Bonochick said:
I just installed 4.79 for some people today, and that one seems to work not so bad.
:yes:

i have netscape on my computer only because sometimes i use netscape composer. 4.79 is so much better than 6.anything. btw, did they ever release a netscape 5? methinks they skipped it to catch up to ie. :tongue:

oh, and btw bonochick, my college is the same way. all the comps have netscape only, and the mailbox help is all set up to show you how to use netscape mail! :mad:

thank you...it worked

melon said:
Edit --> Preferences

Pull down "Navigator" w/ the arrow. Hit "History." Hit the "Clear History" button. If you no longer want a history, change the days to zero.

Melon

Hey melon, Thanks so much!!! I don't understand why I just couldn't do it the way I did with 4.7.

Thanks again!!:up: :up:

Actually Khanada, I still have the 4.7 on my desktop! It just doesn't run so smoothly anymore!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom