Nerds Versus Punks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get back to Hot Topic, indeed.

Lesson #1: People who dress like punks aren't actually 'punk' -- they're just idiots like those kids in the video. Dressing like "punks" can only, by association to said idiots, cheapen intelligent dissent. Anyone who wants to try and change the world isn't going to do so in a manner that will never be taken seriously.

Go star wars nerds, go!

Justin, Im always gonna have to look at Blue Crack before I post anything, cause I look at Wimp.com everyday too, haha.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Get back to Hot Topic, indeed.

Lesson #1: People who dress like punks aren't actually 'punk' -- they're just idiots like those kids in the video. Dressing like "punks" can only, by association to said idiots, cheapen intelligent dissent. Anyone who wants to try and change the world isn't going to do so in a manner that will never be taken seriously.

Go star wars nerds, go!

I totally agree with you, this one time this kid saw the stickers on the back of my car, and asked " hey, where are your buttons and pins like mine on my jacket"? and I told him that I was more punk rock in a tuxedo than he would ever be. And he looked exactly like they all do now, brand new patches from hot topic, looks more like a uniform to me.

DeadMansParty said:

I totally agree with you, this one time this kid saw the stickers on the back of my car, and asked " hey, where are your buttons and pins like mine on my jacket"? and I told him that I was more punk rock in a tuxedo than he would ever be. And he looked exactly like they all do now, brand new patches from hot topic, looks more like a uniform to me.

:rolleyes:

posers :madspit:

Ahhh LARPing... true as always, that if you're going to do something, you had better do it right otherwise you look like a total douche.

Of course, when people do what look like Renaissance fair battle reenactments with suits of armor and proper swords and whatnot, that looks pretty wicked; even if they have to fake the arrow fire and stuff.

But the people in that video.... :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom