Nerd Zone Part Duex: Dr. Who

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
I just watched episode 1. Not what I expected at all. Very funny and goofy. I remember watching as a kid and it was cheesy, but serious, no? Maybe I was just little, but I don't remember thinking it was funny at all. Then again, I thought Batman was dead serious too.

Anyway, I liked the ep, and I think I'll check out the first season for sure.

Is this a new Dr. Who?
I don't remember it being funny either. I know I really liked it but it wasnt a funny show (other than the props of course!)

Okay... the American channel SciFi has just started showing the new series... with David Tennant as the new Doctor. Is this the season we're talking about? :)

I picked up the last few episodes with Christopher Eccleston (sp?) and I'll definitely be tuning in for the new series!

David Tennant makes an excellent Dr Who - I think he brings humour and eccentricity to the character far better than Christopher Eccleston did. I actually think some of the aliens are quite funny as well. The Lady Cassandra character who is just a stretched piece of skin because she's had so much plastic surgery and her cries of "Moisturise me." is brilliant!:wink:

hippy said:
Okay... the American channel SciFi has just started showing the new series... with David Tennant as the new Doctor. Is this the season we're talking about? :)

I picked up the last few episodes with Christopher Eccleston (sp?) and I'll definitely be tuning in for the new series!

Yup. I call the Eccleston eps season 1 and the Tennant eps season 2. I'm about 1/2 way done with season 2. Sci-fi is just starting them up now.

I love this show! I talked the guy who orders DVDs at the library where I work into buying the Complete First Series DVD, and even though it's overdue now, I'm holding on to it for another week so I can watch the whole thing.

David Tennant is fine, but I still prefer Christopher Eccleston. I've been told he's on tap to make a remake of "The Prisoner," which would be amazing.

I didn't get to see the latest episode aired on SciFi. But I really enjoyed the Christmas Invasion episode, especially the demented Christmas tree in Rose's mum's apartment! The writing on this show is so amazing, and the acting is top-notch.

I love this show!!!

I prefer Eccleston as well. I'm 9 episodes in to season and it's just as good as season 1, eventhough Tennant isn't as entertaining as Eccleston, in my opinion.

Rose has become a much cooler character though, and that adds to it nicely.

I really didn't like Rose much, and I really didn't like where that whole thing with her and the Doctor was going. It was the only thing that I disliked in the Tennant episodes (whom I prefer greatly to Ecclestone).

U2Girl1978 said:
How many guys have played Dr. Who now? Can anyone name them?

I liked the Dr. Who that I watched back in the 90's. or was it the 80's. :huh:

well...

there have been ten; David Tennant being the tenth. I don't know the dates for which each actor played the Doctor off of the top of my head, but:

first: William Hartnell
second: Patrick Troughton
third: John Pertwee
fourth: Tom Baker (<3)
fifth: Peter Davison
sixth: Colin Baker (no relation to Tom Baker, as I once thought)
seventh: Sylvester McCoy
eighth: Paul McGann
ninth: Chris Ecclestone
tenth: David Tennant

I mean, I don't really count Paul McGann in my head, but that's what generally goes. Peter Davison onwards was in the eighties/nineties (although I think Tom Baker maybe did some episodes that were broadcast in the early eighties), so it could be anyone from the fifth doctor onwards that you're thinking of.

:nerd:

I remember Tom Baker being on when I was kid, early 80s. I don't recall the show being on since, but then again, i wasn't looking for it.

Since watching the Eccleston/Tennant series, I really want to go back and catch up on the old series...es...ugh, how do you plauralize series?.

i luuuve dr who

i missed the last of it when i left Aus...urgh i left on the first of a 2 part series grr soooo fustrating! anyway the box set is out for xmas :)

Back
Top Bottom