Neil Finn Neil Finn Neil Finn!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so I'm a dork. Or maybe I'm just wildly obsessive. In any case, I felt compelled to look up the tour dates. Aaaaaand here they are:

Jan. 28th, 2003
Washington, DC
USA
9:30 Club

Jan. 29th, 2003
New York, NY
USA
Town Hall

Jan. 31st, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
USA
Electric Factory

Feb. 01st, 2003
Boston, MA
USA
Avalon

Feb. 03rd, 2003
Toronto, ON
CANADA
Phoenix

Feb. 04th, 2003
Detroit, MI
USA
St. Andrews

Feb. 05th, 2003
Chicago, IL
USA
The Vic

Feb. 06th, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
USA
Fine Line

Feb. 08th, 2003
Denver, CO
USA
Gothic

Feb. 10th, 2003
San Diego, CA
USA
4th & B

Feb. 12th, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
USA
Wiltern

Feb. 13th, 2003
San Francisco, CA
USA
Warfield

Feb. 15th, 2003
Portland, OR
USA
Roseland Ballroom

Feb. 16th, 2003
Seattle, WA
USA
Showbox

Feb. 17th, 2003
Vancouver, BC
CANADA
Commodore Ballroom

He is SO excellent. Some of the best songs ever written, a gorgeous voice, a great sense of humour and connection with the audience, and he's also a really cute guy...see him if you can. I hope he comes to Europe sometime soon!

But today I'm still sad about Midnight Oil breaking up :(

I was into Crowded House when I was younger...thought they were great.
Altho I kinda lost track of what Neil has been doing.....can anybody suggest some solo work to check out...

oneall.jpg

BUY IT NOW:drool: :love: :sick:

I thank Bassy :D And Gina can thank him too. :D it was all his doin's

Ali Rose said:

I thank Bassy :D And Gina can thank him too. :D it was all his doin's

Thank you, Bassy. :)

Browneyedgirl: if you want to download some of the songs from that album, I recommend, well, ALL of them. But specifically:

Driving Me Mad
Lullaby Requiem
Wherever You Are
The Climber

God, I love this album. Enjoy! :)

Might go to the DC show

scatteroflight said:
Some of the best songs ever written, a gorgeous voice, a great sense of humour and connection with the audience,

So true. He's really funny and talented. I saw him in NYC last July. :) Just got the "7 Worlds Collide" dvd and I :heart: it. Johnny Marr was great too and Eddie Vedder....:drool: that voice.

bah, he never come here :(
Come home Neil! (ancestral home that is ;))

I havent seen him live, but I've seen and heard a couple of his gigs and I'd love the experience, he is an immensely talented musician and songwriter and a genuinely nice and funny guy, I can guarantee you'll be well entertained.

Has anyone ever heard the bordelrine show that was streamed on the web a while back? That was hilarious :D

Re: Might go to the DC show

dizzy said:

So true. He's really funny and talented. I saw him in NYC last July. :) Just got the "7 Worlds Collide" dvd and I :heart: it. Johnny Marr was great too and Eddie Vedder....:drool: that voice.

THere is a DVD for 7 worlds Collide? That CD is great. I saw him at 9:30 in DC in July. It was one of the best shows i saw all year.

Re: Re: Might go to the DC show

DiGi said:

THere is a DVD for 7 worlds Collide? That CD is great.

Yuppers. It doesn't have any special features, but it's pretty good. Neil's son, Liam has a band and they played with Eddie Vedder. There are also bits of interviews with Neil, Johnny Marr, etc. :up:

My favourite track from the cd and/or dvd is "Anytime". :cute:

BTW, I guess you're going to the Interpol show. Apparently, I can't make it. Have fun! :wave:

I just got the Best of Crowded House CD and I can't stop listening to it. It's an amazing collection of songs. As soon as I hear the intro to "Weather With You" I get happy. I HAVE to get Neil's solo stuff and now I'm seriously contemplating a road trip to Denver in February. :drool:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
I bought my ticket this morning. Gah. Can't wait. :hyper:

Haha are we both losers going all by ourselves to see him??? :laugh:

ME: (to random friend) Wanna go see neil finn?
RANDOM FRIEND: Who?
ME: exactly.

JK i kinda wanna go alone for once. Just to see what its like to go to a show alone.

:hyper: and Rhett miller is opening....

*sings* "am i gonna be LONELY FOR THE REST OF MY LIIIIIFE??!??!!?"

I just love that song. It suits me well. :sexywink:

Ali Rose said:

Haha are we both losers going all by ourselves to see him??? :laugh:

ME: (to random friend) Wanna go see neil finn?
RANDOM FRIEND: Who?
ME: exactly.

BAHAHA. I do believe we are. But, hey, we can't be held responsible for the crappy music taste of our friends, now can we? ;) And it's actually not

Hey, have you listened to Neil's first solo album at all? I just got it and I can't wait to listen to it. :hyper: *uses hyper smile in every post*

I LOVE going to concerts by myself--especially in small venues. I recommend it. :up:

:hyper: I need to own every Neil Finn solo record by the end of the week.

His first solo album way back in 1998 was Try Whistling This. I think it's probably better than the more recent one, in so far as it's a little less laidback and very eclectic. Before that he did an album with his brother Tim, called Finn (which is where a few of the 'Seven Worlds Collide' songs such as Angels Heap came from). If you can find a copy of that I'll eat my shoes and smile while doing so.

Last edited:
Also, while not being the world's biggest fan of Interference, I would just like to add that these new 'quick' reply boxes are a really good idea. Especially for those of us whose computers crash on the big smilies page.

*bump* because Neil Finn = :up:

I really love Crowded House. I haven't gotten into the Split Enz as much, but I'm slowly discovering Mr Finn's solo work and it's brilliant. Yay for Neil Finn!

Back
Top Bottom