Neil Finn/Crowded House/related bands appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I think we might as well have one again. Neil Finn is the most underrated songwriter of all time, I think. The man knows how to write good songs. He's not bad a singer too, his voice is so beautiful and calm and wonderful.

My favourite Neil Finn composition would probably be 'Message To My Girl' (with the Enz), although to be honest I think his clunkers can be counted on all the fingers of a two-fingered man.

the three things i downloaded from you a while ago rule

they rule in a very subtle way

but they fucking rule

Indeed.
Legends. All of them. I like this thread not only because it conveys accuracy with so few words.

Good taste turtle. Good taste.

I don't pretend to know what you want
But I offer love

Sheer genius! :bow:

As for great songs, my favourite CH track is still Private Universe. And the live version of Sister Madly on the live bonus disc that came with the first edition of their Best Of, where Paul hits a wrong note.

There Goes God is also a much better song about the big man above (or on the ground) than One Of Us.

Now, excuse me when go to find some Italian Plastic. :)

C ya!

Marty

Bono's shades said:
:up: I love Crowded House/Split Enz/Neil Finn. My favorite song by Neil is Into Temptation. :bow:

:yes:. That's an excellent song. I also like "Something So Strong". I'm liking what I've heard by Crowded House so far (even though it isn't much), and am hoping to check out more from them.

And my sister likes Split Enz's "I Got You" (that group gets some bonus points from me 'cause I've heard they toured with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in the early 80s :D).

Angela

yertle-the-turtle said:
I should start a Neil Finn thread every five months to remind the world of his awesomeness.

make it every other month and i'll bake you a cake yertle.

If you start a thread every other month, bake a cake and light the candles, I will eat a piece and do a happy dance. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom