Need help w/ CSS/HTML - [U2/Bono related]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonofied U

Acrobat
Hi all;

I am thinking of creating a website for Bono. I'm familar w/ HTML, but I would love to learn Cascading Style sheets. I've asked for help before and even taken a look at some websites but they really confuse me. :scratch: Could someone :help: me with this, and translate all of this code into just plain english.

Thanks! :wink:

melon said:
Get Dreamweaver MX and CSS/DHTML is a snap.

Melon

Is this melon from the U2 forum? If it is, hi it's me ZC ;) :hello:

How much is Dreamweaver? Do you know?

Bonofied U said:

Is this melon from the U2 forum? If it is, hi it's me ZC ;) :hello:

How much is Dreamweaver? Do you know?

ZC? What does that stand for? :p Have we talked before? ;)

Dreamweaver MX is $400 new. However, if you are a student, it is substantially cheaper through an educational license at a college/university.

Melon

melon said:

ZC? What does that stand for? :p Have we talked before? ;)

Dreamweaver MX is $400 new. However, if you are a student, it is substantially cheaper through an educational license at a college/university.

Melon

Oops... my bad.. I thought you were the administrator for the U2 forum on Compuserve. LOL. Sorry about that. :) ZC stands for Zooropa Child. That's my nick over there.

Wow, $400... Yeesh... :( Thanks for the info though! So it just creates CSS pages automatically, w/o all the need to learn code?

Yup...also check out Adobe GoLive 6.0.

CSS is very difficult to code by hand.

Melon

melon said:
Yup...also check out Adobe GoLive 6.0.

CSS is very difficult to code by hand.

Melon

Kewl! Thanks! I hope it's a little more affordable, although both sounds really great. Yeah it is :( Gives me a headache lol. :eyebrow:

TopStyle3 html editor at bradsoft.com
also does html/css editing without having to know too much, it helps when I don't have the time to sit and write out css/html code by hand in notepad*shrug* I think the full version is 79.95$ and they let you download it and try it out for 30 days for free as well.

~Taylor~

*TaylorMae* said:
TopStyle3 html editor at bradsoft.com
also does html/css editing without having to know too much, it helps when I don't have the time to sit and write out css/html code by hand in notepad*shrug* I think the full version is 79.95$ and they let you download it and try it out for 30 days for free as well.

Kewl, thanks! Yeah, I think it's the way that it's explained t hat makes it confusing. :hmm: I'll have to check that out, thanks again!

U2Lynne said:
Here's a site about CSS with a tutorial: http://www.westciv.com.au/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/index.html

Personally, I don't find coding CSS that difficult...... what's difficult is making it look the same on Macs and PCs and IE, Netscape, Opera, etc. Here's a fun table all about that: http://www.richinstyle.com/bugs/table.html

And here's a site on CSS layouts: http://www.saila.com/usage/layouts/

Have fun!

I guess I'm just finding the wrong sites to try to learn it from. Thanks for the links! I'll check out those options too. I may be calling upon you with questions. :huh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom