NBA Playoffs 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, Kyle Korver. Just turns and conspicuously runs away instead of defending LeBron on a dunk.

Headache, would you trade Melo to the Lakers for the #2 pick (and I guess salaries to match)?

I understand Phil will never do it, but I think it's the best thing they could do for the franchise at this stage.

I don't know. Maybe? They seem to be the kind of team that would value a guy like Melo. It's Kobe's last hurrah. Maybe they do it?

It's not an outrageous asking price, I don't think. Kevin Love was traded for both the 2013 and 2014 #1 picks AND a 2015 pick. I would almost be tempted to ask for the Lakers' 2016 pick too, but I just want to get rid of Melo quickly.

Edit: I think Love is a better player than Melo, by the way, but I think that trade kind of sets the parameters for the star-for-young-players trade.

Sorry to prolong this, but I've been thinking of different scenarios given the depressing lottery result.

This is what I'd do if I were the GM:

- Try to trade Melo for a high draft pick, and hopefully get a 2016 pick too (the Knicks gave Denver the right to swap picks in the Melo trade, and then traded the pick to Toronto for Andrea fucking Bargnani). Given his NTC (what a fucking stupid decision that was, considering that nobody was paying Melo what the Knicks offered), the only realistic scenario is LA at this stage.

- Keep Galloway, Cole, Early, Amudson and Calderon (nobody is trading for him anyways). Trade Timmy Jr. Dump everyone else (Larkin, who I'd keep, will be a FA and the Knicks renounced his bird rights).

- In FA, target young, undervalued, two-way guys. Some combination of Corey Joseph / Ed Davis / DeMarre Carroll. This kind of profile.

- Maybe offer a poison pill contract to one of the top UFAs, on the off chance that the owners are too cheap to pay. Middleton may be the most realistic, but still unlikely. I doubt that any of Leonard, Butler or Green will change teams, though.

- Retain some cap flexibility for 2016.

Obviously, this is not a playoff team. But it would be a team on the upside while the new rookies develop. Tanking next year is a non-factor since they don't have the pick, so I would focus on developing good assets that will gain value.

I don't know. Maybe? They seem to be the kind of team that would value a guy like Melo. It's Kobe's last hurrah. Maybe they do it?

It's not an outrageous asking price, I don't think. Kevin Love was traded for both the 2013 and 2014 #1 picks AND a 2015 pick. I would almost be tempted to ask for the Lakers' 2016 pick too, but I just want to get rid of Melo quickly.

Edit: I think Love is a better player than Melo, by the way, but I think that trade kind of sets the parameters for the star-for-young-players trade.

I mean, at the end of the day I don't know shit, but, I don't think they're gonna pass up a chance at a 19 year old big man to get another ball hog. Like, it literally seems impossible to me. They'll roll with Randle, Towns/Okafor, Clarkson, Kobe and whatever else they cobble together. But, again, I readily admit that I don't know fuck all.

Headache, would you trade Melo to the Lakers for the #2 pick (and I guess salaries to match)?

I understand Phil will never do it, but I think it's the best thing they could do for the franchise at this stage.

I'd drive him to the airport

The Lakers would be idiotic to complete such a trade.

What the Lakers should do is keep the #2 and trade Kobe. Alas... they won't trade him.

I mean, at the end of the day I don't know shit, but, I don't think they're gonna pass up a chance at a 19 year old big man to get another ball hog. Like, it literally seems impossible to me. They'll roll with Randle, Towns/Okafor, Clarkson, Kobe and whatever else they cobble together. But, again, I readily admit that I don't know fuck all.

I wouldn't do it from a Lakers perspective, but the NBA seems to really value supposed superstars, and the Lakers seem to be one of the old school teams in that regard. But yeah, it would be pretty silly to do it from their perspective, given that Melo+Kobe is not a playoff team.

Looks like it will be Cleveland and Golden State. I know I said GS looked invincible a few days ago, but now seeing their heavy dependence on the three, I think strong perimeter defense can make them vulnerable. Cleveland needs to get healthy over the next week.

If Golden State goes in without suffering any injuries between now and August, when the Finals actually begin, I don't see how they lose unless the Cavs get to go to the free throw line 40 times a night.

Golden State is better than last year's Spurs team, and Cleveland is not as good as last year's Heat.

m243k.jpg

Cleveland is playing well enough now that with a healthy Kyrie they at least have a chance at an upset, but something needs to go wrong for Golden State for them to lose the title.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You'll be seeing more posts from me. Looking like an Aussie will win either way. Rooting for Golden State but would also love to see the Cavs win it for Cleveland.

I'm so excited for the Finals. I would really have no problem with either team winning now that the Bucks didn't make it (really thought this was their year).

But yeah, Curry is unbelievable, Lebron is Lebron and I'd feel good for Cleveland, but I do think Cleveland will get its title still even if it doesn't happen this year.

PS. My new girlfriend won't watch NBA with me because she doesn't like the squeaky shoes. Should I:

A. Buy her ear plugs
B. Play music while having the game on TV
C. Get over it because she's not a complete hoebag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom