NBA Basketball 2009-10: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as someone who despises noah i have to give him his props... he fully accepts his lunch pail, garbage man type of role. he's not a star, never will be, and actually embraces his role. he gets a hell of a lot more out of his "skill set" (god i hate that phrase) than a lot of other players. he'll never be a star like he was in college but he could certainly be a great piece to a championship puzzle one day.

meanwhile, in indiana two incredibly rare events happened...

#1, the Knicks won.

#2...

capt.63a985f58f8640aa84e82f9b4ec5e4fe.knicks_pacers_basketball_naf108.jpg

Eddy Curry played a game!

What he lacks in skill set he makes up for in motor :wink: I hate "motor"...like when some talking head tells me "there's questions about his motor". Translation: "The guy's f***ing lazy".

ebfcb14f-e047-4109-a320-3ce1e7fd25eb.jpg

Sorry, Mikal. It was awesome.

And that Jennings kid yall have been talking about had himself a game, too. Makes it all the more mindboggling what Headache said about the Euro league days.

no prob! to be honest, i looked at that game as a win for the Bucks. the last 3 years, if anyone told me the Bucks were even good enough to take the Mavs to OT, i would have laughed. so this is a step in the right direction. my only worry is that Michael Redd is coming back. i just hope he doesn't disturb the rhythm this team has right now.

If Redd could stay healthy, he's a guy I'd like on the Mavs. They really need a 2 that can stretch the floor.

I wouldn't make any bets against the Lakers, especially with Gasol back in the lineup tonight. But I can't wait to watch the game.

I wouldn't make any bets against the Lakers, especially with Gasol back in the lineup tonight.

I'm some sort of prophet!

No, but seriously. They looked great last night and will be hard to beat from here on out with Pau back and healthy. I kinda forgot just how much that guy means to that team. To use a car cliche, they were firing on all cylinders. Lorraine Nicholson has to be very pleased.

Jo did have his 6th straight double double, though, and now has double doubles in 8 of the 11 games this year. Holla.

What he lacks in skill set he makes up for in motor :wink: I hate "motor"...like when some talking head tells me "there's questions about his motor". Translation: "The guy's f***ing lazy".

i've actually had a conversation between myself, a friend of mine who played at yale, and another friend who's an assistant coach at a high mid major university about wether or not playing hard has become a skill that can be measured...

i.e. he can really jump, he can really shoot, he really plays hard.

playing hard used to be a given. you either played hard, or you didn't play. now it's a skill that's compared to shooting ability. unbelievable.

This might warm a few hearts and certainly made me laugh:

kerrykittles_slam.jpg

Looking good, Keith.

Lakers would have to go 64 and 6 the rest of the way to beat the Bulls record.

Is that possible? Oh, indeed.

I'm glad you can see the light there in the distance, GAF. It's only flickering now, but it will be shining bright soon.

The Bulls have had that record long enough. Time for it to come back where it belongs.

Missed seeing the game in favor of a Back to the Future Marathon, but I'm glad to see the guys take care of business.

allen-iverson-4-med.jpg

The Sixers have fucked themselves for the duration of Elton Brand's contract, so why the fuck not? Bring him back, damn it.

the thing that many people outside of new york are hoping for is that nobody important (i.e. lebron, wade, amar'e, etc.) will come to new york, despite their afinity for d'antoni, because there's "nobody to play with."

allow me to present defense exhibit a...

YouTube - Danilo Gallinari Highlights vs Suns 12-01-09.FromtheBaseline.com

just turned 21 years old, just starting to find his rythym and confidence as a pro... i give you dirk jr.

unbelievably skilled... perfect complimentary player to a big star (or two)

27, 10, 2 and 2.

Back
Top Bottom