NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic up 3-1 now, on the verge of eliminating the Cavs.

Let's hope the Nuggets win in LA tomorrow to take the 3-2 lead.

well jordan got plenty of help from the refs... but that didn't start until after he put a few rings on his fingers. it used to be that you had to earn the star call... now you're just apparently anointed as some sort of royalty before you've ever done shit in the League.

but even with that said... even when jordan got the benefit of ref's calls they weren't as ticky tack as some of the shit that lerbon gets. and even jordan got suspended, unlike the untouchable kobe.

I had no issue with the end of regulation. My initial thought on the LeBron drive was, "No way, that's a charge." Then I saw the replay, and the defender (I forget who) clearly grabs him on the back, which is what makes LeBron slip.

And Howard fouled Varejao just as much (if not moreso) on that inbound play.

The worst call of the end of the game was fouling Varejao out on the baseline for standing two feet from the play and asking for a jump ball. Uh, that's not correct.

I've got 4 words for everyone here:

Skip to my Lou.

Easily one of the best games I've ever seen in person.

Could someone tell me where the whole "Skip to my Lou" thing came from? I hear it all the time and I feel like the only idiot in a room full of geniuses :reject:

Something to look for in game 5, if you think the NBA is rigged. Watch for a likely ticky-tack tech on Howard. Either a double T when he gets tangled up with some scrub (likely Anderson Vajayjay) or just a questionable T for taunting or something...because it would suspend him for game 6.

They have to go back and rescind that T on Dwight. He flexed because he made a basket after Varejao nearly strangled him? That's TERRIBLE!

Meanwhile, LeBron and the entire Denver Nuggets roster can showboat after plays and it's totally cool.

Yeah, I call bullshit.

Could someone tell me where the whole "Skip to my Lou" thing came from? I hear it all the time and I feel like the only idiot in a room full of geniuses :reject:

Something to look for in game 5, if you think the NBA is rigged. Watch for a likely ticky-tack tech on Howard. Either a double T when he gets tangled up with some scrub (likely Anderson Vajayjay) or just a questionable T for taunting or something...because it would suspend him for game 6.

i would have to imagine the NBA will rescind the tech that was given to howard, as they should. there's no way that was a T.

i loved kenny's line in the post game about how jordan used to scream at ewing after dunking on him all the time and never got T'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom