NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't be fooled into thinking atlanta is good because they took boston to 7 games... they did win like 35 games last year.

They're the other team. Joe Johnson is pretty good as well as Horton. But Josh Smith will never lead a team to the Finals...and Marvin Williams sucks. Do you think Acie Law IV will do anything ever?

The Magic played absolutely terrible tonight, but the Hawks always give them a hard time. They picked up in the 4th, but couldn't catch up.

Pietrus looked terrific.

They're the other team. Joe Johnson is pretty good as well as Horton. But Josh Smith will never lead a team to the Finals...and Marvin Williams sucks. Do you think Acie Law IV will do anything ever?

i thought law would be good but i dunno... he's not in a good spot right now.

meanwhile...

:bow:
a80.jpg

Looking for some fantasy advice....

#1.I have Greg Oden but he is out for four weeks now. The other players I have that can play center are Bosh, Jermaine O'Neal, and Darko. Should I be looking to acquire another center?

#2.Wilson Chandler is currently on waivers. And I currently have #1 waiver priority. I am thinking about dropping Ronnie Brewer so I can pick up Wilson Chandler. Would this be a good move?

My team currently:

Tony Parker
Joe Johnson
Ronnie Brewer
Paul Pierce
Thaddeus Young
Tayshaun Prince
David West
Chris Bosh
Jermaine O'Neal
Greg Oden(IR)
Nate Robinson
Mike Conley
Darko Milicic

Looking for some fantasy advice....

#1.I have Greg Oden but he is out for four weeks now. The other players I have that can play center are Bosh, Jermaine O'Neal, and Darko. Should I be looking to acquire another center?

#2.Wilson Chandler is currently on waivers. And I currently have #1 waiver priority. I am thinking about dropping Ronnie Brewer so I can pick up Wilson Chandler. Would this be a good move?

#1 Bosh

#2 A lot of people think that Brewer is going to have a break-out season. I have Oden and Brewer, FYI.....I'll slot Dalembert in for Oden next week.

I loved how the Lakers continued to shoot for points at the end tonight. I fucking hate it when they lose 20+ point leads, and end up winning by 6 or 7.
Granted, they were playing the Clippers.

With some in the Garden crowd surprisingly chanting "We Want Steph" with 11:10 remaining in the fourth (others booed the chant), a stewing D'Antoni was caught on MSG Network cameras Wednesday in a tirade, mouthing:

"You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. You've got to be (bleeping) kidding me. What a bunch of (bleep) holes."

Yesterday after practice, D'Antoni acknowledged his frustration with the Marbury chanters, showing how strongly he believes the lightning-rod point guard does not belong on the court. Marbury received a DNP, his second of his career, and is out of the rotation indefinitely despite likely being the team's most skilled player.

"Sometimes I don't think the fans quite get it," D'Antoni said. "It's like who you draft. They're going to boo. When you make a big decision, someone's going to like it, someone's not. You'll hear from the people who don't.

"Did I look exasperated?" D'Antoni added. "I was into the game. You get so much adrenaline at that point and you react. I'm into the game, into the moment. Sometimes I can be better than that. I'll make mistakes. I'll do better."

:heart:

meanwhile... the rockets looked very good at time last night. but i'm still not sold on them winning the title for these reasons...
a) yao needs to stay healthy the entire season
b) mcgrady needs to completely buy in to not taking stupid shots, as paul pierce did last year. i don't see it happening... he took some dreadful shots last night and i actually thought they looked better when mcgrady was out. i'd trade him if i was houston, but that won't happen.
c) artest stays sane

Artest does make them a team to reckon with, but as you said, thats assuming all 3 of your reasons.
But if they stay healthy and sane, they look to leap the Mavs and Spurs and battle it out with N'awlins in the Southwest at the very least.
That looks to be the toughest division in the league top to bottom.

Artest does make them a team to reckon with, but as you said, thats assuming all 3 of your reasons.
But if they stay healthy and sane, they look to leap the Mavs and Spurs and battle it out with N'awlins in the Southwest at the very least.
That looks to be the toughest division in the league top to bottom.

Hell, Memphis looks scrappy enough to at least compete every night, even if they won't win very much.

Yeah and the knicks are back to fine form tonight.

:kiss:

the knicks will do this a lot this season... they got any shot they wanted tonight. it was not as if philly was shutting them down. the knicks couldn't hit shit. when they're hitting they'll be able to beat anyone, when they're missing they'll get blown out by crappy teams, like say... the bulls?

speaking of not being able to hit shit... ladies and gentlemen, it's tyrus thomas.

how someone who shoots the majority of their shots from 10 feet and in can go 2 for 17 from the field in the nb friggin a is beyond me.

one could say tyrus was not "effective." titans still probably thinks he's better than steve kerr, though.

ouch...

So, the Bulls will probably be much like the Knicks if it's shooting that will be the problem. 28 percent vs. the Celtics was outstanding! :D

But hey, we beat the powerhouse known as Memphis. Rose is better than Conley! Whoop Whoop!

the knicks at least have somewhat of an offensive presence in randolph... emphasis on the somewhat.

probably be a similar type of season for the bulls and knicks... when the shots are falling you'll be looking at them as if "why the hell can't they do this all the time???" when the shots aren't falling they're at rist of getting run off the floor. thus is the life of jump shooting teams... which both are at this point.

i think the knicks will be slightly better because, well, because the bulls are running the same dribble drive offense that rose ran at memphis... the dribble drive is one of those things like the option... it works great in the college and high school ranks, but i'm not so sure it's gonna be succesful in the pro's. the D is too good.

the dribble drive offense is an offense that is succesful based upon your team having superior athletes to the opponents, much like the option is in football... problem is two fold... first and foremost, the athletic advantage is negated in the pro's... secondly the dribble drive is predictable.

the dribble-drive pretty much takes the 3-man weave drill and turns it into an offense. it can be effective, and there are princeton type options off of it that can make it dangerous... but when i was watching the celtics/bulls game all i saw was the weave action dribble drive.

But...we didn't really need Lamarcus Aldridge. Thomas has been great as a post player...

And...Chandler with Rose would have been nice. But, I don't think Chandler would have been able to wait this long for a good point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom