NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20qjgba.jpg

Or...this big baby? :sad:

Will this be what we see when the Bulls win the 1st round?

20qjgba.jpg

Or...this big baby? :sad:

Will this be what we see when the Bulls win the 1st round?

Sadly (or happily, depending on your perspective) we'll never know :wink:

I guess I opened myself (and Glen Davis) up for that one...nice use of visual aids though, kudos :)

That was a great game to start the playoffs. I am, however, fairly shocked that Pierce missed the second freethrow at the end of regulation - he is usually a tremendous clutch player.

That's generally true but much moreso on attempts from the floor...he has had his share of troubles from the foul line in those situations.

Between Rose's performance and Thomas' jump shots...I still think the C's get it together here. But this game certainly was a downer.

Derrick Rose gave an incredible performance. First rookie ever to put up at least 30 points and 10 assists in his first playoff game. Tied for second most points ever in a rookie playoff debut.

He lead this team. He played like a superstar.

36/11.

Rose was amazing, but we've already come to expect that. He was the best player on the floor.

Let's not forget the performance by Jo Noah, 100% intense, snagging 17 rebounds. If you want to see a team that's playing with absolutely no fear, tune in to Game 2 on Monday. There's something 'bout the way the street looks when it's just rained...

If they ever redesign the NBA logo to be a silhouette of Tony Parker, it'll look something like this:

refs600.jpg

The players association voted, Parker's silhouette came in 3rd (Eva Longoria's came in 2nd), but the winner to replace Jerry West is Manflop:

465_manuflop1.jpg

That's certainly the most iconic Ginobili image. A close second, though:

519930567_1e4e5bf79d.jpg

The poster child for dishonesty and cowardice.

The Sixers won with big contributions from Theo Ratliff and Donyell Marshall.

It is 2009.

God, I hate the Spurs. Nice to see I'm not alone.

Also, I feel for YLB, that Magic loss is a tough one.

The Spurs and Pistons losing always make me smile.

That Magic loss was fucking horrendous. The Sixers played incredibly well down the stretch and deserved the win... but fucking Hedon't Turkoglu and the rest of the sorry bunch, holy shit. Dwight had a monster game and Courtney Lee rose to the occasion, but what a disappointment overall.

The panic button hasn't been pressed yet, but they better drop the kitchen sink on them Wednesday.

Oh, and Donyell Marshall looking like Urkel doesn't help matters much:

Donyell_Marshall.jpg

nm_white_080502_ssh.jpg

Billups has long been and continues to be the most under-appreciated player in the league. His leadership and fundamentals are as sound as anyone in the NBA.

I am...what's the word? Excited? Is excited a good word? Pumped, maybe. For tonight's game. Holy shit. Holla at me one time.

I think it's a safe bet to say the Jazz won't beat the Lakers, especially after watching yesterday's game.

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom