NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not defending Isiah, at all...but it was nice to hear Reggie and Barkley both rip into the Knicks players. Lost in all the scandal is these players making max deals and just completely sucking out the joint night after night. How the hell are the Knicks in cap hell; who on that squad should be making the kind of cash to put them there? The only Knicks I saw hustling last night were the white guy (Lee?) and that guy with the braids and the orange sleeve thing (I think he was a rookie). Randolph blows, Starbury the same...and Q Richardson wants to know who the Celtics are? I guess now he knows.

Big Baby looks pretty good early, he's pretty quick for a guy that size.

The problem is not that these guys aren't worth max deals, but that Isaiah went out and traded for most of them. A lot of these players(Curry, Marbury, Crawford, Randolph) were acquired with the contracts already in place and still, Thomas was thinking he got the better of the deals.

You could throw Francis in there too.

Though, I know Crawford was acquired in a trade, but did they offer him his $7 million dollar contract? How about Malik Rose?

Oh, Jeffries and James certainly deserve $5 mil too.

I know Headache...Ben Wallace. :mad:

Last edited:
Crawford was a sign-and-trade. Paxson had basically made up his mind that he wasn't resigning Crawford(because he was position-redundant and would demand more than he was worth). Crawford wanted NY and NY wanted Crawford, and Paxson was able to get little-to-no talent, but two or three contracts that were expiring or soon-to-be expiring while also unloading Jerome 'Junk Yard Dog' Williams' contract at the same time.

So, to answer your question, yes, the Knicks offered Crawford his current contract.

And, btw, Curry was a sign-and-trade too.

^ At least we're not debating the merits of a Kobe trade anymore...

Kobe for Starbury, Isiah, Anucha, and their 1st round picks in 08, 10, 12, 14, 16?

Frankly outside of the early Kobe stuff which is all quiet now, the Celtics being back and Dwight Howard being a super beast, the Knicks are the most interesting topic of discussion in the NBA currently.

The only way Sloan wouldn't get an extension is if he retired. He's essentially got a lifetime contract in Utah. Lucking out and getting to coach Stockton and the Mailman for 15 years has its perks.

No one thinks that the Sixers taking their first steps out of perpetual mediocrity is noteworthy?

phillyfan26 said:
No one thinks that the Sixers taking their first steps out of perpetual mediocrity is noteworthy?

It most definitely is; I'm still shocked they didn't hire Michael Wilbon to replace King though.

ESPN-MikeWilbon%20%20_photo.jpg

pg2_king_275.jpg

I've met the new GM before, he's from Delaware County and has a lot of buddies there that I know.

Well, I'm going to San Antonio tonight for my first Mavericks game of the season. This will only be the second time I've seen the Mavs on the road, the first being last season in Houston.

Ought to be a nice, hostile environment. I'm pretty sure this is my first Spurs/Mavs game since 02-03.

I used to go to a lot, but leaving the DFW area has made that tougher. I went to three last year (one in Houston) and maybe five the year before, including playoffs. When I was still living at home, I'd go to 15 or so a season.

Wow, Knicks win on the road as JKidd sits out with a reported case of "blue flu". The only time I'd cheer for the Knickerbockers is against the Nets...gotta love it.

They do, Phil. The whole 4th quarter, the only guy who I saw wanting to win that game was Nocioni. The sum of their parts is disappointing; they should be better than this. Rajon Rondo carved them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom