NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Philk? said:
If Kobe gets traded to Chicago, would the Bulls have to include Ben Wallace for contract/money reasons?

technicaly no but it would make it easier.

one of three players would have to go to LA to make it work... either ben wallace, kirk hinrich or andreas nocioni (who can't be traded until december 15th because he just signed a new contract).

you can piece together the rest of it, but one of those three would deffinetly have to be included in any trade for bryant in order to make the money match up.

if you include wallace's monster contract, you don't have to give up as many players to make it work. if you include hinrich, you're gonna have to give up another guy besides the expected tyrus thomas and ben gordon. example... hinrich, thomas, gordon and viktor khryapa works under the cap. khryapa only has one year left and makes 1.9 per, so the lakers would probably take a guy like that if that's what it takes to make the deal work.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...~13~13~4~13&from=4~4~4~13~4&te=na~na~na~na~na

and yea... houston getting cut sucks. now we're back to having only two guys on the team i actually like.

headache's pre-season predictions sure to go wrong

Eastern Conference
1. Boston- Atlantic Winner
2. Chicago- Central Winner
3. Toronto
4. Orlando- Southeast Winner
5. Detroit
6. Cleveland
7. Washington
8. New Jersey
9. Miami
10. New York
11. Indiana
12. Philadelphia
13. Milwaukee
14. Atlanta
15. Charlotte

Western Conference
1. Phoenix- Pacific Winner
2. Dallas - Southwest Winner
3. San Antonio
4. Utah - Northwest winner
5. Houston
6. Golden State
7. Denver
8. Memphis
9. New Orleans
10. Lakers
11. Seattle
12. Clippers
13. Sacramento
14. Portland
15. Minnesota

Finals - Suns over Raptors in 7 games, final score in game 7 of 136-122... in regulation :hi5: (hey a man can dream, can't he?)

MVP: Amare Stoudamire (with an assist from Nashtyness)
ROY: Mike Conley Jr.
Coach of the Year: Marc Iavaroni

Breakout Star: Andrea Bargnani
Team Kobe will end the year on: Lakers
Will Isiah Coach the Knicks in 2008-2009: Yes :sigh:
Will it be because he got them to the playoffs?: No :sigh:

Most recent reports are saying that Kobe won't ok any trade to Chicago that involves Big Ben(because he wants to play with Big Ben), after having already vetoed any deal involving Deng(Chicago already put Deng off limits anyway). Now the LA front office has been quoted as saying they want Nocioni, that they are very interested in Nocioni.

Of course, what this really means is that in order for any deal with Chicago to work salary-wise, one of three players - Big Ben, Hinrich, Nocioni - would have to be traded. Kobe wants Big Ben in Chicago, Chicago doesn't want to trade Kirk, the Lakers HAVE to take Nocioni if they trade Kobe to Chicago. As of now, the most likely deal is Gordon+Nocioni+Tyrus OR Noah+filler/picks. The Lakers will get screwed in any Kobe deal because the combination of Kobe's demands and the other team's demands leave the Lakers to take whatever scraps are left.

Nocioni can't be traded until December, so if Kobe is traded, it probably won't happen for a couple more months.

Potential post-trade roster...

Wallace
Tyrus or Noah(whichever doesn't go)
Deng
Kobe
Hinrich

Thabo
Duhon
Smith
Gray

'Toine traded, again.

To T'Wolves:
Antoine
Michael Doleac
Wayne Simian
1st round pick

To Heat:
Ricky Davis
Mark Blount

I really hate the cap in the NBA and NFL. I mean, big picture I guess the cap is a good thing but it's no fun talking trades when you have to sit there with a calculator figuring salary matches (thinking about this LA/Chicago Kobe thing). Just no fun.

The Mavs signed Juwan Howard and released DJ Mbenga today.

My Mbenga jersey shirt had a good run...

capt2ac8dd3c5f084cbf87d5e8072235903.jpg

bitchin

i'm certainly by no means sold on the fact that kevin durant is going to be a superstar in the league... but that aside, with the oden injury and the obvious improvement of lamarcus aldridge (whom the bulls traded for tyrus thomas :giggle: ) the trailblazers must be shitting themselves over not taking durant.

Tyrus has oodles of potential.

And the only 'obvious' improvement we've seen in Aldridge was in preseason. Come on, Headache, we all know preseason means shit.

ummm he just hung 27 points on duncan in a regular season game last night and looked absolutely beastly in doing so... not like a fake dwight howard 27 points where he looks awkward. a legit "this guy has fucking moves" 27 points.

only 3 boards, which is a bit alarming... that obviously needs to improve. but i have to say, i was not expecting to be that impressed by him when i tuned in last night. it's not that he scored 27 points... it's how polished and smooth he looked in doing so.

tyrus may have fake potential based on his athletic freakness, aldridge is already here.

i was certainly a hell of a lot more impressed by aldridge's performance than i was by the 13 of 32 42 point disgusting pigathon by kobe.

Last edited:
The bulls messed that all up. Thomas is a great athlete. I like what he can do. But as for what we have needed for years and years now, Aldridge was the guy.

Thomas does not have back to the basket moves. Aldridge does. That alone is why we should have kept Aldridge.

Now, I've agreed with Headache. Lets give him something to laugh at. I think Noah will help the Bulls out a lot actually. :D

I do not want Kobe in Chicago. Not at all.

Last edited:
joakim noah :giggle:

:hi5:

the bulls have done a good job coming back... at the end of the first half i thought the nets were just gona stomp the shit out of 'em.

but alas, the conclusion of the south park imaginationland trilogy is on, so i shall not watch the end of the nets/bulls game... snarf.

Last edited:
I just got back from the Magic/Bucks game, which was maybe one of the most fun games I've been to.

The 120 Million Dollar Man did pretty well and Dwight looked like an absolute beast the entire night.

Barkley says the cavs wont make the playoffs. He also says the nets will make the finals. I say charles barkley is an idiot.

thetitans2k said:
Barkley says the cavs wont make the playoffs. He also says the nets will make the finals. I say charles barkley is an idiot.
I think Chuck knows his stuff, though I disagree on the Nets. However I think he is right about the LeBrons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom