NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Philk? said:

I'm sure he didn't guard Howard all game though. :( But I still think I could score on PJ Brown.

Are the Pistons the team to beat in the east? Is it official?

It's either them or Toronto... seriously.

Shaq posted his first 30-15-5 game since 2/20/06, good for him.

I really don't want to see Miami win though.

phanan said:
The Celtics won their third game in a row.

WTF?

:huh:

They probably figure they're going to be screwed by the draft again anyways, so what the hell.

As long as they beat teams like underlying playoff teams (not the Magic) I'm okay.

I thought I posted this last night, but apparently not...cause I can't find it. :)
The Cavs just destroyed the Raptors. And even more...LeBron hit 15-17 fts!!!

I kind of thought LeBron would pick it up here in the 2nd half of the season. He needs to anyway for sure. I am not sleeping on them.

Got Philk? said:
I thought I posted this last night, but apparently not...cause I can't find it. :)
The Cavs just destroyed the Raptors. And even more...LeBron hit 15-17 fts!!!

I kind of thought LeBron would pick it up here in the 2nd half of the season. He needs to anyway for sure. I am not sleeping on them.

He didn't do it last year against the Pistons, and they're a better team this year with Chris Webber.

And I will, say at this poing that if a team is counting on Webber to win the big one, they might be disappointed.

Now, I only say this to get a chuckle out of Chris Webber. The thing I do realize is that he does add a lot to this team. And the bigger point is that I think they don't have to count on him to win the big one. There, I just gave myself no credibility at all.

Point is. All I meant with my post earlier is that Clevland very easily could become the 2nd best team in the East. One major injury to the Pistons and it's there's. It's a tight battle for #2.

But I can't see either team catch #1. GO BULLS! :wink:

the "ESPN Experts" are saying Shaq's the 4th-greatest center being Kareem, Chamberlain, and Russell, with Mikan as 7th.

I love those guys :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
the "ESPN Experts" are saying Shaq's the 4th-greatest center being Kareem, Chamberlain, and Russell, with Mikan as 7th.

I love those guys :up:

eh...

i agree with all 10 centers on that list, but certainly not the order...

this would be my order...
1. russell
2. chamberlain
3. abdul-jabbar
4. olajuwon
5. o'neal
6. malone
7. ewing
8. robinson
9. walton
10. mikan

now the others recieving votes is just silly... i understand having not my vidas, not your vidas, but arvidas sabonis as the 12th greatest center of all time, because he was a dominating international player long before be ever got to the nba, and was way way way past his prime when he did finally arrive here... but whoever gave dwight howard that one vote needs to be smacked in the face.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestCenters

Headache in a Suitcase said:

eh...

i agree with all 10 centers on that list, but certainly not the order...

this would be my order...
1. russell
2. chamberlain
3. abdul-jabbar
4. olajuwon
5. o'neal
6. malone
7. ewing
8. robinson
9. walton
10. mikan

now the others recieving votes is just silly... i understand having not my vidas, not your vidas, but arvidas sabonis as the 12th greatest center of all time, because he was a dominating international player long before be ever got to the nba, and was way way way past his prime when he did finally arrive here... but whoever gave dwight howard that one vote needs to be smacked in the face.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestCenters
On the radio I heard that Russell got the most 1st place votes (10) to Wilt's 5 and Alcindor's 4, but Bill slipped to 3rd overall cause he placed 5th, 6th and 7th in the rankings of 3 of the voters.
Bill Russel the 7th greatest all time center? With 11 titles...someone needs a slap.
Kareem should be 3rd, his greatness was embellished by longevity...thats not a knock, but its like the Yaz factor, he had 3,000 hits and 400 hrs because he played 23 seasons...a hall of famer, yes, but a lower tier hall of famer.
Your list looks pretty good, though I'd probably put Robinson ahead of Ewing based on titles.
Russell and Wilt should be 1-2 on any list, if you think winning is more important, Russell 1st, if you like stats and so forth, Wilt 1st.

here's mine:

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Bill Russell
3. Kareem Adbul-Jabbar
4. Moses Malone
5. Hakeem Olajuwon
6. George Mikan
7. Shaquille O'Neal
8. David Robinson
9. Bill Walton
10. Patrick Ewing

wow, Dwight Howard got a vote. Maybe in 2-3 years, but not now.

1.Wilt Chamberlain
2.Bill Russell
3.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4.Hakeem Olajuwon
5.David Robinson
6.Patrick Ewing
7.Shaquille O'Neal
8.George Mikan
9.Moses Malone
10.Bill Walton

I put Moses too high.

1. Wilt Chamberlain
2. Bill Russell
3. Kareem Adbul-Jabbar
4. Hakeem Olajuwon
5. George Mikan
6. Shaquille O'Neal
7. Moses Malone
8. David Robinson
9. Bill Walton
10. Patrick Ewing

that's better.

Yes, Bill Walton was (if not one of) the best passing center ever, won 2 rings (okay, one was when he was hobbling in Boston, but that still counts), is a Hall of Famer, and is the only player ever to win an MVP and 6th Man of the Year both in their career. Plus, there was a point in his career where he looked like Teen Wolf.

Patrick Ewing was great, no question, but when your team is better with you either gone or injured, that's never good. He was a perennial all-star and will be a hall of famer, but without any rings or MVPs to show for it.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yes, Bill Walton was (if not one of) the best passing center ever, won 2 rings (okay, one was when he was hobbling in Boston, but that still counts), is a Hall of Famer, and is the only player ever to win an MVP and 6th Man of the Year both in their career. Plus, there was a point in his career where he looked like Teen Wolf.

Patrick Ewing was great, no question, but when your team is better with you either gone or injured, that's never good. He was a perennial all-star and will be a hall of famer, but without any rings or MVPs to show for it.

Walton was in his prime in the late 70s - the competition he faced wasn't close to what Ewing faced. Jordan/Pippen Bulls, Hakeem's Rockets, Robinson/Duncan Spurs(in 99), Reggie's Pacers, Alonzo's Heat, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom