NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is today the day the suns lose? i think the cavs, even though they have been playing like shite, knock off kelly leak and his team.

U2ME3 said:
is today the day the suns lose? i think the cavs, even though they have been playing like shite, knock off kelly leak and his team.

kelly leak :lol:

Kelly Leak is hitting 54% of his shots from the field overall, 50% from 3. Unreal. 19 ppg and 11 assists. Wow.
This is the year he actually deserves MVP, but he likely will not win it.

Every time I watch Larry Hughes play, I shake my head. This guy is no Pippen to James' Jordan. He's already 0-4 from the field, 2 of those shots were long jumpers with plenty of time on the shot clock. He's marginally interested in playing Defense, at best. He's 40% for the season from 3, which is good...but, overall, 41% from the field, which is bad. He averages 15 points a game, but, he needs a lot of shots to get there. I just don't like his game, and I don't think they ever win a title with this cat playing a key role. Now that I typed this he'll probably score 50 points and make me look like the moron I already am. :)

No spoken words said:
Every time I watch Larry Hughes play, I shake my head. This guy is no Pippen to James' Jordan. He's already 0-4 from the field, 2 of those shots were long jumpers with plenty of time on the shot clock. He's marginally interested in playing Defense, at best. He's 40% for the season from 3, which is good...but, overall, 41% from the field, which is bad. He averages 15 points a game, but, he needs a lot of shots to get there. I just don't like his game, and I don't think they ever win a title with this cat playing a key role. Now that I typed this he'll probably score 50 points and make me look like the moron I already am. :)

nope, he won't.

it's no secret that Washington is better without him.

Word is Chicago and Boston are frontrunners for Gasol.

But word is that Chicago doesn't want to give up Deng or Gordon to make it happen.

I hope Orlando makes a move for Gasol, but they'd probably end up giving up Darko. :|

namkcuR said:
Word is Chicago and Boston are frontrunners for Gasol.

But word is that Chicago doesn't want to give up Deng or Gordon to make it happen.

The problem is rumor has it anyway...that they won't trade Gasol to Chicago unless they trade 2 out of these 3 players. Heinrich, Gordon, Deng.

Chicago will not trade 2 of these players. One maybe, but definately not two. That is too much and kind of ruins the nucleus, or future of this team.

I have come up with the conclusion. We need to trade for Diogu. I used to say Troy Murphy, but he's probably off limits now so I'm going for Diogu. I know... He's done so much in the NBA...:|

I was at the heat-bulls game last night, great game...alfonso mourning got stuffed a few times:lol:

shaq wasn't playing but i saw him on the side with his blue suit and 25 foot shoes:lol:

I loved Ginobili's hall of fame flop after he blocked Kobe.

My dad and I were watching it, then rewound it with TiVo, and still couldn't find where he hurt himself.

I was there. Damn the Lakers! They had the game, but lost it in the 4th, not to mention missing most of their freethrows :tsk:
They were seriously lacking in offensive rebounding :sigh:
Then overtime... thought they had it, came out strong... oh well.

I TiVo'd the game, but haven't gone back to watch. It was a great game though :up:

:grumpy:

and thanks to you know who - very appreciative :whistle:

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
Kelly Leak is hitting 54% of his shots from the field overall, 50% from 3. Unreal. 19 ppg and 11 assists. Wow.
This is the year he actually deserves MVP, but he likely will not win it.
Kelly Leak has also been nominated for a best Supporting Actor Oscar...will wonders never cease.

How about Nate Robinson yesterday... a half court buzzer beater that was a tick too late at the end of 1, then a 3/4 court buzzer beater at the half that counted...good stuff.

And speaking of good stuff...Celts lose again...Greg Oden Green, a new Crayola color coming in November 2007. :wink:

Hewson said:
And speaking of good stuff...Celts lose again...Greg Oden Green, a new Crayola color coming in November 2007. :wink:

I think Paul Pierce needs to take some more time off, you know, just to be sure he's ok and the Celtics can continue with their losing streak.

Of course, with the luck the Celts have in the lottery, they probably won't get Oden, anyway.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd be shocked of oden is as good as dwight howard.

he'll still be good, but i just can't see him being as man beastly as the man beast.

i really don't think oden will come out this year, but durant probably will.

and watching dwight howard play in person is like watching untapped greatness, he's going to be phenomenal one day.

LemonMacPhisto said:
and watching dwight howard play in person is like watching untapped greatness, he's going to be phenomenal one day.

That's how I feel watching Durant play from the first 10 rows every home game.

I was at a Magic/Twolves game a few months ago, in Minneapolis. KG was guarding Howard for most of the first half, and Howard made KG look silly numerous times. He was just too strong.

I think Oden can, and likely will be a good pro.

I think Durant has the potential to be an amazing pro. I watched him over the weekend, wow. What a stud.

Lila, glad you enjoyed the game!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom