NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN.com releases a detailed, well written well sourced investigative report about the Lakers being a clusterfuck.

2 hours later ESPN TVs top paid analyst complains that ESPN.com's article is making his life difficult because he has a show with Magic later that night that'll now be awkward.

Journalism!

Still can’t tell if Magic is an idiot or the rest of the organization is, but it’s probably both.

Well, it’s definitely the whole organization. But likely Magic, too.

He clearly has a public facing Magic and a private facing Earvin.

Sure, there's the possibility that he's just kinda dumb and was fortunate to have great people around him managing his business because he's such an engaging personality.

But I think it's much more likely that he plays up the goofy big grin I'm just here to have a good time and tweet silly nonsense side to keep up some sort of public Magic persona that he felt he needed to adopt in the 80s and early 90s, and that he keeps the shrewd, cut throat competitive dick Earvin hidden from public consumption. Similar to how Jordan chose to remain silent on political and racial issues because he felt he needed to in order to sell sneakers.

They have clear organizational issues though that start at the top. They're too caught up on keeping things within the Laker family to stop and ask if that's actually a good idea. And it really seems to most that Kobe and, god help them, Phil Jackson are pulling strings from behind the curtains.

Last edited:
Golden State over the last 5 years
With Steph Curry on the court +4131
Without Steph Curry on the court -447

i don't think KD's playing until at least game 3, and i'm not overly confident that he's going to play at all in the series.

frankly, i'd be more worried from a golden state standpoint if boogie cousins DOES play. they need to keep his ass on the bench. if he gets pissy, who cares? he's gone after this season regardless.

the raptors have the best player on the court. so did cleveland.

i'll take golden state in 6. i give the raptors probably a 1 in 3 shot at winning the series - so it wouldn't stun me if Kawhi dominates and Toronto pulls it out - but i can't go against golden state until they lose... even without KD.

If Toronto were to win? Kawhi will have to take Curry completely out of the game, and Klay, Draymond both need to play poorly.

Golden State ultimately is too strong. You've got Igoudala as a role player, for christ's sake.

Last edited:
It's the Bay Area vs the Eh Area!

giphy.gif

Wait, Drake has Curry and Durant's jersey numbers tattooed on his arm??

And then wore an armband over it tonight to try and hide it?

My god this guy is an even bigger tool than I thought.

fining doc rivers $50k for saying kawhi is similar to jordan, but also not fining the clippers for trying to buy kawhi's logo so that they could literally use it as a hostage in free agency is also spectacularly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom