NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I’m not a doctor but the two injuries don’t seem related to me. Either way, hindsight is great, but to write him off as injury riddled because of one major injury wasn’t very fair. He’d hardly had time and space to come back from it. I think it’s fair to say now that he’s injury riddled ??*♂️

I’m not a doctor but the two injuries don’t seem related to me. Either way, hindsight is great, but to write him off as injury riddled because of one major injury wasn’t very fair. He’d hardly had time and space to come back from it. I think it’s fair to say now that he’s injury riddled [emoji1744]*[emoji3603]
Ahhh a guy at that weight trying to return from a major leg injury? Yea.. this is going to be a constant struggle.

And going back to your original post... KD does absolutely have major injury concerns, specifically with his leg. His calf and Achilles injuries were on the same leg that he suffered the Jones fracture. Brandon Jennings had a Jones fracture and later tore his Achilles. So to say it's not related is not out of the realm of possibility - and it's not crazy to think there's further risk.

But KD is also in top athletic shape - so his ability to recover from these injuries is greater than that of Boogie, who's carrying around a ton of weight. That's ultimately the issue with him. He has a weight issue on top of a leg issue. That's a horrible combination.

There’s a difference between a risk and throwing in the towel on someone who had a major injury, disregarding them as donezo deadweight.

A player who has a game that's of another era, who's a malcontent, who has never won... anywhere, who had a weight problem and needs to balance that weight on a bum leg?

That's donezo dead weight.

That's the difference between Boogie and KD. KD is the opposite of all of those things. So you see him as a risk, rather than a write off.

Boogie?

Fork. Him. Stick.

And going back to your original post... KD does absolutely have major injury concerns, specifically with his leg. His calf and Achilles injuries were on the same leg that he suffered the Jones fracture. Brandon Jennings had a Jones fracture and later tore his Achilles. So to say it's not related is not out of the realm of possibility

remember when you got really mad at me after game 5 for suggesting that these injuries were probably related and that the achilles was likely not a random freak accident? that was fun.

remember when you got really mad at me after game 5 for suggesting that these injuries were probably related and that the achilles was likely not a random freak accident? that was fun.

I know right??? My thought process on the situation was sooooo different then than now!

No offense to your friend in college, nor whomever the coach and trainer was, but this is not at all the same situation whatsoever. These are the greatest athletes in the world with access to the most scientific athletic assessments available.

Freak accident might be putting it too strong. The knee bones connected to the dick bone and all that shit.

There is no way in hell the Warriors or his agent Rich Kleinman would have put him on the floor if they thought that there was a higher than normal chance of snapping his Achilles tendon.

If they hid something from KD? It'll get out. They already have 3 trophies. They're opening a billion dollar building next season with sold out $2 million dollar a game suites. Two of the top available free agents this off-season are on their roster. Risking their standing with players in the league and potential free agents is worth a hell of a lot more money to them than winning THIS particular championship. They'd have to be the dumbest organization in the world to hide something this big.

What is their motivation to risk ruining everything they've built up over the past 5 seasons over a player who everyone keeps saying was leaving anyways? Are they suicidal?

Do we think KD's reps didn't get second and third opinions with this much on the line?

Now if you told me that KD, Kleinman and perhaps the Warriors medical staff have known all along that he has some structural deficiencies in his leg that led them to believe it was a ticking time bomb that was going to go off at some point one way or the other? I might believe that. This is the same leg he had his foot issue with a few years back. Have they been hiding something the entire time with KD's consent? Is this why he has only signed short term contracts each year? If you told me that? I'll believe you.

To think that they knew there was a higher than normal chance of this occurring, and everyone just shrugged their shoulders and let him play anyways? When the organization has 3 recent rings, the player has 2, and he's got free agency looming?

It goes against all logic. Maybe they did. I just can't believe that they'd be that dumb with the financial future of the organization on the line.

i'm sure by now we've all been roasted pretty good in this thread. that's certainly the spirit i was posting in.

DyV4aabX0AMiuMc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom