NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond

I like Conley a lot, and he fits their style well. The loss of Crowder hurts though. They need to pick someone up to replace his skill set.

Yeah that's our biggest hole to fill now. We still got Favors (unless they trade him too).

That said, a starting five of Conley, Mitchell, Engles, Favors and Gobert looks pretty solid

1o845rqehb531.jpg

I was just watching a random video on Hakeem Olajuwon. Check out this stat line from the 1995 Western Conference Finals: 35 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 blocks per game. That's insane.

summers busy as shit for me these days so not sure how active I can be until the fall... alas... happy as hell for DaveC that the raptors won, even happier that all is good after that shit that went on at the parade. Gvox and u2brothr were also there and ended up with some bumps and bruises from the rush.

Will check in from time to time, but LN7 will have to argue with himself until September

76ers just lost 36 ppg in a few hours. Simmons best be in the gym right now working on that shot.

Jazz added Bojan Bogdanovic from the Pacers. I'm really liking our lineup for next year. Hoping Kawhi stays away from the Lakers

Crazy day, but I have big concerns that the big fish still remaining is going to do something nobody outside of GAF want him to do.

Almost all of the Lakers 2nd options to signing Kawhi are off the table.

So they're either dumb (entirely possible) or know something.

He's really the only big fish left. Raptors, Lakers & Clippers off seasons will come down to him, 1 will be seen as a success, other 2 will be failures (Lakers not a complete failure as they got Davis, but that team needs to add something of significance).

If Clippers don't get Kawhi, that might let the Knicks off the hook as team with the worst FA outcome.

If he goes to the Clippers or back to Toronto it sets up an amazing, wide open NBA season - where you could make arguments that 4-5 teams are in play for a title and another half dozen are a move away from joining those 4-5.

If he signs with the Lakers we're back in a situation where everyone's rooting for injuries to even have a chance.

It is absolutely hilarious to see the Knicks spin job on why they didn't sign KD completely blow up in their face with the news that KD took less than the max to sign with Brooklyn. Fuck Jim Dolan

Not signing them is fine. Filling the cap space with stupid 2 year contracts to go through the same thing 2 years from now is pure Knicks.

Go Brooklyn.

Gotta trust the process man. Al Horford making 27 Million at age 36 seems a wise investment.
It's all worth it if they can win this season, but yeah. I'm not thrilled with "we don't want to pay a 34-year-old Jimmy Butler" when the alternative was throwing $25 million at 36-year-old Horford.

The defense is going to be excellent, but the spacing issues are probably even worse now. How they use the last $8 million of their cap space is critical; they need competent perimeter play to round out the bench.

Not signing them is fine. Filling the cap space with stupid 2 year contracts to go through the same thing 2 years from now is pure Knicks.

Go Brooklyn.
Not signing them is fine and actually probably the wise move considering their past history.

My take is only with the laughable after the fact spin job that they didn't sign KD and Kyrie because they didn't want to.

They did.

No free agent of any value wants to sign for that team as long as that man is still the owner. The owner himself said in an interview, after he banned yet another fan for having the audacity to be upset with how he's driven the franchise into the ground, that this was going to be a big summer.

Oh yea? Even if you want to believe the BS "we didn't really want KD after he got hurt anyways" line (real convenient that the first anyone heard of that is AFTER they go to Brooklyn)... what about the other free agents? There were plenty of players out there the Knicks could have signed. They could have easily brought one main free agent in and still kept their flexibility for 2021. And then maybe they'd have an actual appealing product for the next big round of free agents. Now, what? 2 more lottery picks and hope someone wants to come in 2021 because "we're the Knicks?"

The Oakley thing matters. The fan interactions matter. The banning of the Daily News from RJ Barrett's press conference matters. The worst record in the NBA over the past 20 seasons matters.

What doesn't matter?

"It's the Garden", "It's the Mecca", "Of course the Knicks mean more than the Nets"

None of that matters. It WAS the Mecca. There hasn't been a meaningful postseason game played there in 20 years. TWENTY YEARS. It does not carry the same weight as it once did because today's young player has never saw the Garden at it's height.

Dolan could get 5 billion for that team and still collect rent by continuing to own the Garden. He should do so. The team is becoming irrelevant.

KD was never signing with the Knicks, Achilles or not.

Brooklyn takes a huge chance because of the injury... but that aside...

They've built a good young team that made the playoffs

They have a better coach

They have a better medical staff

They have a better practice facility, and one that allows the young player to live in the city and not out in the burbs. The Knicks facility in Westchester worked for the 90s, but it's a different world now.

They brought in a fresh GM instead of the same retread puppet the Knicks roll out.

The arena is like a club.

They tap into the culture of the city with their marketing decisions and their jersey design.

They have done everything right since the disastrous Celtics trade.

The Knicks have "The Mecca" - home to two meaningless basketball teams.

Agree 100%.

My only hope is that this was so embarrassing for Dolan and co. that he will finally decide to sell. But it would be too good to be true.

I have had much more fun seeing games at Barclays then at MSG lately (plus it's only 15 minutes away from me).

Edit: the Knicks' hubris is really striking. There have been like 5 salary dumps in exchange for 1st round picks in the last week, and somehow they are using their cap space to sign Taj Gibson and Bobby fucking Portis because reasons. It's like it's beneath them to actually admit they are a shitty team that needs as many assets as they can find.

Last edited:
Raptors, Lakers & Clippers off seasons will come down to him, 1 will be seen as a success, other 2 will be failures (Lakers not a complete failure as they got Davis, but that team needs to add something of significance).

even if he leaves i don't really see how anything the raptors have done involving kawhi can truly be seen as a failure. sure it'll be disappointing if he goes because i want to see if this team can challenge for a repeat in the new-look eastern conference, but the purpose of getting him in the first place was clearly achieved - anything they get from him beyond this point is really just gravy for the raptors.

apparently a meeting is scheduled with the lakers on tuesday and the raptors get the last word some time after that, so i don't expect we'll have a decision either way before wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom