NBA 2019, Finals & Beyond - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2019, 03:09 AM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:35 AM
I hope Durant comes back for game 5 and the Warriors bend the Raptors over for 3 games and we can forget that this bullshit carnival ever happened and we can go back to real life.

Fuck this bullshit. Go Lakers. Go Bulls. Go Warriors.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:59 AM   #182
The Male

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Vince Carter is easily the most important and influential Raptor ever. Anyone who denies that Toronto would be a very different sports city without him is full of shit. All respect to that man.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:42 AM   #183
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:35 AM
The team literally would not be in Toronto if not for Vince Carter.

Vince is also universally credited with inspiring a generation of young Canadian athletes to play basketball. He is the #1 reason why the Canadian national team has gone from a joke to a powerhouse, with multiple lottery picks being sent to the NBA. They've made actual movies about it.

Kyle Lowry may be a loveable pudgeball who's captured the hearts of hosers everywhere. Vince Carter is by far the greatest Raptor, and the most influential person in the history of Canadian basketball.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:44 AM   #184
Blue Crack Distributor

Toronto's depth is absolutely wearing down the Warriors. Even if KD returns, he's not going to be at full strength and won't be able to play full minutes, which is what the Warriors need more than anything - minutes.

I can't count them out until they're dead, but they're on life support. The extra days off will help them recover a little, but going into that building and winning twice is going to be crazy difficult.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:25 AM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Toronto's depth is absolutely wearing down the Warriors. Even if KD returns, he's not going to be at full strength and won't be able to play full minutes, which is what the Warriors need more than anything - minutes.

I can't count them out until they're dead, but they're on life support. The extra days off will help them recover a little, but going into that building and winning twice is going to be crazy difficult.

Can’t help but think that if Toronto wins, it’s kind of an unofficial championship since the played a depleted Warriors team. Reminds me of when I once won a tennis tournament only because the best player in the county got the flu.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:31 AM   #186
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Cue enraged DaveC response in 3....2...
Old 06-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #187
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Can’t help but think that if Toronto wins, it’s kind of an unofficial championship since the played a depleted Warriors team. Reminds me of when I once won a tennis tournament only because the best player in the county got the flu.
Nah. There are no unofficial championships. A ring is a ring is a ring.

When you go too top heavy with your roster, it leads to depth issues and leaves you vulnerable. It's not indifferent to what happened with Miami, only Golden State is better than the Heat ever we're, and Golden State has bigger injury concerns.

Golden State could have added more depth instead of adding Boogie, who's been utterly useless. They chose not to. It's not on them.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:45 AM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Nah. There are no unofficial championships. A ring is a ring is a ring.

When you go too top heavy with your roster, it leads to depth issues and leaves you vulnerable. It's not indifferent to what happened with Miami, only Golden State is better than the Heat ever we're, and Golden State has bigger injury concerns.

Golden State could have added more depth instead of adding Boogie, who's been utterly useless. They chose not to. It's not on them.

Glad you agree. I also think there couldn’t be a worse city to win a championship. Seems like there are a lot of rude people there. Time to build a wall imo.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:19 AM   #189
Blue Crack Distributor

Agreed. These hosers are turkin er jerrrrbs
Old 06-08-2019, 08:23 AM   #190
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Toronto would be winning this series even if KD had been there the entire time. What GS needs right now more than anything is some additional muscle, and KD sure as hell ain't that.

I've always thought the key to besting GS is to physically beat them up a little, and Toronto is doing exactly that. It's most evident on the boards and all the 50/50 balls.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:24 AM   #191
45:33

Local Time: 06:35 PM
You’re all being cunts to be honest. None of you live in Toronto, Dave does. His team is performing above all expectations and predictions against the best team of the past half-decade and you’re all saying that his opinions about his own team ain’t shit. Suck it up and let him have his moment
Old 06-08-2019, 08:24 AM   #192
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Toronto would be winning this series even if KD had been there the entire time. What GS needs right now more than anything is some additional muscle, and KD sure as hell ain't that.

I've always thought the key to besting GS is to physically beat them up a little, and Toronto is doing exactly that. It's most evident on the boards and all the 50/50 balls.
Yeaaaaaaaa I'm not so sure about that.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
You’re all being cunts to be honest. None of you live in Toronto, Dave does. His team is performing above all expectations and predictions against the best team of the past half-decade and you’re all saying that his opinions about his own team ain’t shit. Suck it up and let him have his moment

When the sarcasm meter fails, the anger meter always prevails.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:37 AM   #194
Blue Crack Distributor

Their sarcasm spins in the opposite direction, so he can't be blamed.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #195
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Haha nobody gives a shit about Kyle Lowry and nobody ever will. Vince Carter is the best Raptor ever and he is the player who will be remembered in that franchise's history. You're really sippin some crazy Koolaid shit if you think Kyle Lowry is the best Raptor ever, I don't give a flying fuck if you're actually from Canada or wherever the fuck you're from.
i explicitly said that nobody thinks he's the BEST raptor ever but it's clear you have a lot of trouble comprehending the words you read so I'll let it slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Vince Carter is easily the most important and influential Raptor ever. Anyone who denies that Toronto would be a very different sports city without him is full of shit. All respect to that man.

who ever denied that "toronto would be a very different sports city without him"?

Quote:
The team literally would not be in Toronto if not for Vince Carter.

Vince is also universally credited with inspiring a generation of young Canadian athletes to play basketball. He is the #1 reason why the Canadian national team has gone from a joke to a powerhouse, with multiple lottery picks being sent to the NBA. They've made actual movies about it.

Kyle Lowry may be a loveable pudgeball who's captured the hearts of hosers everywhere. Vince Carter is by far the greatest Raptor
vince was amazing and i don't mean to diminish what he's done in any way, but in 10 years time in toronto people are going to be remembering lowry as the face of the raptors. vince didn't win shit here and left in acrimony as fast as he could, but somehow he's going to be more beloved than the guy that has given his heart and soul to the team through so much shit for years and was an instrumental piece in the raptors finally breaking through to being one game away from the chip? please.

again, you guys don't live here so i don't understand how you're all so damn sure that i'm wrong and that you know better from hundreds of miles away how people feel here.

Quote:
the most influential person in the history of Canadian basketball.
that would be james naismith, actually. or steve nash (cause, ya know, he's actually canadian) if you really want to stick with players. vince is probably the reason we still have a pro basketball team but nash did far more to get kids playing across the country and is the main reason we're seeing so many canadian kids turn pro lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
I hope Durant comes back for game 5 and the Warriors bend the Raptors over for 3 games and we can forget that this bullshit carnival ever happened and we can go back to real life.

Fuck this bullshit. Go Lakers. Go Bulls. Go Warriors.
ladies and gentlemen, the king of the bandwagon-riding frontrunning manbabies.

Quote:
and i'm sure you would be saying the exact same thing about it being "unofficial" if it was the bucks playing the same warriors team right now, right? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Cue enraged DaveC response in 3....2...
not sure if this is all that appropriate coming from the forum moderator, but okay. thanks for that assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
thanks mate.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:35 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Old 06-08-2019, 01:11 PM   #197
Blue Crack Distributor

Guys we're not from Toronto, so we wouldn't understand.

For the record, though... Kyle Lowry hasn't "won shit" yet, either.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

Dave’s seat of choice is sizzling hot
Old 06-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quote:
Their sarcasm spins in the opposite direction, so he can't be blamed.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #200
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Guys we're not from Toronto, so we wouldn't understand.

For the record, though... Kyle Lowry hasn't "won shit" yet, either.
that's true. oh wait -