NBA 2014-2015 Thread: Draft, Free Agency, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This LeBron scenario is fascinating. Teams that have no shot at LeBron may benefit greatly from others trying to make room for him (the Lakers looking to package the #7 pick with Nash for no contracts coming back being a prime example). I want to see 5 teams make moves before tomorrow night to free up LeBron space, then watch the chaos ensue when of course only 1 can land him.

Broussard says Lebron likes five places: Heat, Rockets, Cavs, Knicks, Nets.

I think it's clear that Broussard is going to be feeding a bunch of smoke from LeBron's camp, so there are most certainly ulterior motives in play.

Still no idea who the Cavs are going to take tomorrow. I didn't really see either Wiggins or Parker play - who would you all say is the better prospect?

The most likely scenario is that the Cavs trade the pick. To whom? I have no idea. (Of the rumored offers I've seen, Orlando's is the best. They are offering 4, 12, and Affalo for the first pick. Though that would be a risk for the Cavs because no one knows who Philly wants to take at 3, or who the team that could trade with Philly would pick.)

Parker has a much better offensive game as we sit here today, and Wiggins has a much better defensive game. Wiggins has higher upside because he's way more athletic. Parker is more of a sure thing but has a lower ceiling because he's never going to have the build to be much of anything on defense.

I much prefer Wiggins as a prospect personally. I don't want to build around a guy with a major weakness like Parker's D.

As much as I've hated the Bucks since they traded away Ray Allen, I would like to see them get Parker. They actually have some nice young talent and a management team that actually gives a shit now.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

The only team that wants to trade up for Wiggins is Philly, per Chad Ford. The other teams (Orlando, Utah, Boston) that are interested in trading up are trying to hop ahead of Milwaukee to get Parker.

Houston just sent Asik to New Orleans, per Woj. Pelicans sending another first rounder away (2015).

Apparently Parker is telling people he doesn't want to play in Cleveland, so I'm not sure why they would take him. We are talking about Cleveland, though, so who knows.

Parker wants to go to Milwaukee, and wants to so badly that he tanked his Cleveland workout. Cleveland doesn't like Wiggins for some reason, and were all set to take Embiid until the injury. They're gunshy about big men with injury issues (hence Bennett over Noel last year) so that scared them off.

Basically, Cleveland's pick got hurt and all hell broke loose. This is the craziest draft of all-time and it's still 20 hours away.

Phil Jackson has passed his first test here with flying colors.

Secondly, Mark Cuban is dumb.

I heard a brief synopsis of this trade when my phone was reading me the news earlier, but the impression I got was that the Mavs traded the farm for one player... Please tell me there's more to it than that?

I wouldn't call what they gave up "the farm." It actually makes some sense for Dallas. Calderon and Ellis had way too similar of a skillset to create an effective backcourt. They can get someone else for the backcourt who is a better defender to complement Ellis. There are a few free agents this year who would be better fits for that team than Calderon was.

I think the deal makes sense for both sides.

I wouldn't call what they gave up "the farm." It actually makes some sense for Dallas. Calderon and Ellis had way too similar of a skillset to create an effective backcourt. They can get someone else for the backcourt who is a better defender to complement Ellis. There are a few free agents this year who would be better fits for that team than Calderon was.

It makes sense for both sides only because Chandler's contract will come off the books after this year... but Tyson Chandler is a complete physical mess. His body is shot.

Thanks! I'm really trying to get more into the couple sports I don't actively watch, so I might be asking a lot of dumb questions in here, for a while yet.

The way the deal sounded like, in the article I had read to me by my phone read, the Mav's traded four people and a 2nd round pick for a guy that used to play on the team, just because they missed having him around. That's why I was looking for a bit more insight into it and I like asking you guys instead of just reading more articles :wink:

EDIT: Also, I've been thinking that if I don't start supporting an LA team, eventually, it's going to be really shitty living here, because I'm never really going to feel part of what's going on around me. I don't actively support any basketball team, even though my entire childhood revolved around the Bulls (If I could go back in time and take pictures, all you would see (and hear, because they'd be Harry Potter-verse pictures) from me is Bulls, Bulls, Bulls), I've definitely cooled on them and the sport since. I love the city of Chicago, and I'm never going to stop being happy when they succeed (unless it's the Bears), but I have a feeling I may start following the Clippers a little more actively. I only picked the Clippers because there's no way I could ever support the Lakers, but I realize it looks more like a bandwagon jump than anything else. I'm also not saying I've cemented my opinion on this, I just need an LA team.

I'm also not saying I've cemented my opinion on this, I just need an LA team.

Got the perfect LA team for you:

la-kiss-logo.jpg

It also happens to be arguably the best franchise in American sports. And your boy Jack sits courtside. Don't be an idiot.

Lakers bandwagoning is fucking disgusting and the Clippers are a cruel joke. If she really lived in an hour away from Chicago for 22 years, she should grow a fucking backbone and stick with us.

The amount of verbal abuse I've taken for being a Redskins fan since leaving Maryland dwarfs whatever she may face not cheering for an LA team.

Last edited:
It's not abuse, it's trying to go to a sports bar to watch the Blackhawks/Kings game and realizing that you are a very, very small minority in a very, very big city :p.

I'll never stop loving the Bulls, I'm just saying, if I pull a Laz and start supporting both the Clippers (I can't do it, GAF, I hope my boy Jack understands :( [He won't, he would murder me in two seconds, I'm sure]) and the Bulls, I'll just have to deal with the Interference abuse.

Why would you root for the Washington Generals if you have the choice to root for the Harlem Globetrotters?

Why would you root for the Washington Generals if you have the choice to root for the Harlem Globetrotters?

Because to my, apparently still child-aged brain, they'll always be the team that Shaq abandoned the Magic for.

Seriously, it seems like time froze for me and basketball in 1998.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom