NBA 2013-14 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's let the Knicks bench take a swing at it:

828341675.gif

I was trying to find a video but couldn't find. Knicks up 2 with 15 seconds left, Chandler tips out an offensive rebound to Bargnani, who promptly shoots (and missed) a 3-pointer instead of holding the ball for a foul. Bucks tie it and take it to second OT.

I was laughing out loud at home. There's nothing else you can do at this point.

Thad Young requested a trade a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure the Sixers will do right by him, but not at the expense of the franchise. He's a highly coveted asset, but the deal has to be right.

I see the crawl on ESPN saying Parker is hurt and Duncan and Ginobli are sitting for rest at Golden Shower and figure, "Popovich is just disregarding this game" and wake up and see that SA wins the game, guy is the best coach in the NBA.

Brutal win at the buzzer for Sixers fans. Lost a few more ping pong balls on that one. :wink:

Special Christmas uniforms, presumably to and make $$$ selling to fans, though something tells me that there'll be more sent to poor nations as part of aid packages than sold.

Not that anyone but me cares about the Cavs, but it looks like Bynum to LA for Gasol might actually happen. That at least would give Cleveland three legitimate scoring threats in Irving, Waiters, and Pau.

Cleveland makes its biggest play for LeBron yet: an attempt to show that what they were missing was a small forward. If Deng makes things click, it's a huge signal to LeBron that he is the missing piece.

I'm really happy about this move. I have been a fan of Deng for a long time. The guy is tough as nails and can score from almost anywhere. I still think the odds of LeBron coming back are essentially zero, though.

Good move for the Cavs regardless of LeBron. Didn't give up that much, Bynum was done there obviously, the 2nd round picks are not normally that valuable, so essentially its a protected first rounder (protected by Sacramento) and the right to swap in 2015 for Deng.

If the Bulls amnesty Boozer and shed Taj Gibson's salary, they may have enough to make a run at Melo in the offseason.

If the Bulls amnesty Boozer and shed Taj Gibson's salary, they may have enough to make a run at Melo in the offseason.

They won't. I've done the cap math.

The thing is, they want to bring Nikola Mirotic over from Real Madrid this summer. The guy has won two Euroleague rising star awards, a FIBA Europe Under 20 MVP, and an ACB(Spanish league) MVP. 14-15 will be the first season he is not bound to the rookie scale. It was thought he'd want MLE money, but recently it's started to seem like he's going to want more like 7M-ish starting, and that's going to have to come out of cap space.

It'll be a disaster wherever he goes. At least with the Bulls he could be a catch-and-shoot guy and bonafide running mate to Rose, assuming he returns healthy.

I've got no dog in the fight. The Magic won't have any cap space until 2015. Making a run for Love would be ideal, but the Lakers make better sense for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom