NBA 2012 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Iman Shumpert injury is devastating. Derrick Rose's is catastrophic. I feel so incredibly bad for him... seems like such a great kid who doesn't bitch, moan, whine or make things about how great he is. He just balls. Yet it happens to him, one of the good guys.

Not that I'd wish it upon one of the douchebags, unlike what the sneaker designer for one if said douchebags said on twitter... but its more devastating when it happens to a dude like DRose.

As for the Knicks? They're a mess. They've been a mess. It wasn't D'Antoni's fault. Its not woodson's fault. The onus will be on the next guy to figure out how to make a mismatched team work. There's only one guy out there who can make it work.

Phil Jackson?

isiah-thomas.jpg

It's obviously Isiah.

The Knicks problem is that they got pieces that don't fit together. In order for it to work, everybody is going to have to sacrifice a little bit. D'Antoni tried to get Melo to sacrifice, and he responded by quitting on the team, ultimately leading to d'antoni being forced out.

The other solution is to trade Melo, which isn't happening. Stoudemire should be dealt, but his contract, knees and back are untradable.

Only the Zen master has the resume, clout and psychological makeup to get these guys on the same page is Phil Jackson. Pat Riley could as well, but that's obviously never happening in a million years.

If Jackson says no, then the Knicks are stuck in the land that Donnie Walsh specifically said he wanted to avoid... always good, never great... meaning no chance at a ring, and they just blow it up and start all over again in 5 years.

The pieces also happen to fit a triple post offense... I don't believe that's an accident. I think that was the plan all along, once they knew they were going to part ways with Donnie Walsh.

If Phil says no, they should highly consider bringing in Brian Shaw to be the next head coach... but I don't know if Dolan will be happy with that. He'll want a name at all costs. He'll throw the world at someone like Calipari, and it'll be a disaster.

Better to be on the brink than chilling with Dougie C in no man's land: perpetual first round exits and no good draft picks.

I'd like to thank Amar'e for bumping Rajon Rondo from #2 to #3 on the list of biggest bonehead moves by a player on a current playoff team.

Back
Top Bottom