NBA 2012 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The savior is on Dolan's private jet winging to NYC as we speak...

isiah-thomas.jpg

...just needs to know which way NYC is from Miami...

fire-isiah-thomas_crop_340x234.jpg

Such an embarrassing franchise. I guess that's what New York gets for also having the Giants and the Yankees.

If Jackson does go to the Knicks, they had better win quickly, because they will have exhausted all of their excuses at that point.

Coaches who have up and quit suddenly in the middle of the season in the Jim Dolan era: 2
Quality executives who have left in disgust: 2
Comically bad executives given contract extension after contract extension: 1
Championships: 0

I was just thinking this - that Dolan really is the root of all the Knicks' problems for the past 10-15 years.

Who is the other coach that left in the middle of the season? Lenny Wilkens? JVG?

And who's the other executive that left in disgust? Donnie Walsh, obviously, and who else? Not Isiah, not Layden...the guy who was originally the executive when Dolan came into power, whose name I can't remember?

Dolan is terrible. I really couldn't believe it last season, when, after finally getting a good executive in Walsh, who finally had the Knicks looking decent, Dolan essentially went over Walsh's head, over his objections, and traded all those pieces for Melo. Walsh had been the best thing to happen to the Knicks in a decade, and Dolan fucked that up.

Shit, D'Antoni was the first decent Knicks' coach since Van Gundy. I wonder how many Knicks' fans will switch over to the Brooklyn Nets next season. :wink:

Shit, D'Antoni was the first decent Knicks' coach since Van Gundy. I wonder how many Knicks' fans will switch over to the Brooklyn Nets next season. :wink:

Maybe not many if this most recent report is true and Dwight will now opt-in to the final year on his contract(2012-13), in which case Deron would surely leave NJ.

namkcuR said:
I was just thinking this - that Dolan really is the root of all the Knicks' problems for the past 10-15 years.

Who is the other coach that left in the middle of the season? Lenny Wilkens? JVG?

And who's the other executive that left in disgust? Donnie Walsh, obviously, and who else? Not Isiah, not Layden...the guy who was originally the executive when Dolan came into power, whose name I can't remember?

Dolan is terrible. I really couldn't believe it last season, when, after finally getting a good executive in Walsh, who finally had the Knicks looking decent, Dolan essentially went over Walsh's head, over his objections, and traded all those pieces for Melo. Walsh had been the best thing to happen to the Knicks in a decade, and Dolan fucked that up.

Actually I had forgotten about Lenny Wilkens... so yes, three coaches abruptly quit on the team mid season ... D'Antoni, Wilkens and Jeff Van Gundy. And it would be wrong of me to not mention that Pat Riley also quit on Dolan, and that hall of famer larry brown would have quit if he wasn't fired (but he quits everywhere).

And the other executive to leave in disgust was Dave Checketts, the man who was in charge of the Garden in the mid 90s.

Jim Dolan likes to claim that he was running the garden in 1994, which technically is true... but the ownership transfer from Paramount to Cablevision was still fresh, and little jimmy hadn't had an opportunity to get his greasey claws all over it yet.

I hope Ranger fans enjoy their current success. Dolan has been so obsessed with "fixing" the Knicks that he's kinda left them alone over the past few years. And that's the best thing to happen to the Rangers since the Messier trade.

For whatever reason, this is the first time that I have ever really watched Deron Williams play...damn, he is good. As good as advertised.

Also, I know that I have been going on about Kyrie Irving, but this kid is special. The resilience is what really impresses me. For example, Deron Williams had a titanic dunk on him tonight. The very next trip down the floor, Irving goes right at him, hitting a tough runner and drawing the foul. Kyrie is never daunted. Reminds me a bit of Derrick Rose, if I may say so.

It's funny how the Knicks went from the most frustrating team to a very entertaining one to an awfully disappointing one to a gritty one over the course of 8 weeks.

And if you look at the schedule, the winning streaks and losing streaks make a lot of sense.

I do think that the team had quit on mike d'antoni... so perhaps he had to go. Still sad when the inmates run the asylum.

We'll see if things have really changed once they play a few good teams back to back.

Yeah, they've been playing with much more energy even if nothing huge has changed in terms of the offensive system (maybe the tempo has slowed down a bit). I wouldn't undersell their schedule this time, though. Home and away with the Pacers and 76ers was the type of game they were losing before.

I'm also disappointed with the way the coaching change occurred. The fact that Carmelo admitted quite openly that he wasn't playing hard for D'Antoni is outrageous, and the only reason why he got a (partially) free pass from the media is because they have been winning. Even then, it's clear some of the fans are pretty mad with him. I was in the first Pacers game and he was boooed quite constantly in the beginning of the game.

The revisionist idea that they've begun to play defense now is also misplaced, in my opinion. They were a top-10 defensive team before D'Antoni quit (almost single-handedly due to Chandler), the trouble had been mostly with the offense.

Amar'e has a bulging disk. Now that he had started to play better. James Dolan must have been a war criminal in a past life. This franchise doesn't get any breaks.

Back
Top Bottom